PDA

View Full Version : good article on larry foote

Koopa
02-01-2006, 10:19 PM
i thought this was a very good article, i really like foote and i think he's gonna have a very good game in his home town too

DETROIT -- The scholarship offers came pouring in. Michigan knew it had a jewel in its back yard and wanted the kid in the worst way. Nebraska coach Frank Solich practically lived at Pershing High School on this city's rugged east side. UCLA made a big push. Nebraska. Colorado. Tennessee ...

It was enough to make an immature high school senior's head spin.

"What do you think I should do, coach?" young Larry Foote asked Stephon Thompson in 1998.

"Good kids stay home, Larry," Thompson told him. "You have nothing to run from. You're a good person."

It's funny, Thompson and Foote had a much different conversation a couple of years earlier in a hallway at Pershing.

Actually, it wasn't much of a conversation at all.

It involved the back of Thompson's right hand and the side of Foote's head.

"He was running with some knuckleheads at the time," Thompson remembered. "I asked him why he wasn't in class. He kind of smiled at me and said, 'Don't worry, coach. I'm getting there.' "

Smack!

click on the link to get the rest, there's a shitload more to the story

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06032/647605.stm

SteelerFanInATL
02-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Great story. Detroit is no joke. My wife is from there. She says all the time " Its a nice place to visit, but not to live".

melroseplace
02-02-2006, 09:20 AM
that's an awesome article, thanks for sharing. I'm so glad Foote is getting the recognition he deserves

melroseplace
02-02-2006, 07:46 PM
I just found another article about Foote and his son that I enjoyed too...http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2006-02-02-foote_x.htm
it has a picture of the two of them together :smile: it's cute

shevdog
02-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks to all of you for sharing these articles.

Larry Foote has grown tremedously in the Steelers defense. He adds a lot and has grown on me over the season.

If only I had money to get a couple jerseys. I have a Farrior jersey. I want Porter, Polumolu, Von O, and Foote jerseys.