PDA

View Full Version : Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

Avoid Lloyd
02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
"He's a big man," Seahawks defensive end Bryce Fisher said of Bettis. "He carries a load and a punch. The thing about him is he's a train and you have to stop him before he gets going. If he gets going and starts heading down field for 5 or 6 yards, it's going to be tough on our secondary to tackle him. (Seattle running back) Shaun Alexander is a threat to break it 60 or 70 yards. Jerome is a threat to break a DB."

Here's the story (http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9201791)

Thought everyone might enjoy that quote.

It's nice to see that atleast someone has respect for the big man.

3 to be 4
02-01-2006, 09:31 PM
"He's a big man," Seahawks defensive end Bryce Fisher said of Bettis. "He carries a load and a punch. The thing about him is he's a train and you have to stop him before he gets going. If he gets going and starts heading down field for 5 or 6 yards, it's going to be tough on our secondary to tackle him. (Seattle running back) Shaun Alexander is a threat to break it 60 or 70 yards. Jerome is a threat to break a DB."

Here's the story (http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9201791)

Thought everyone might enjoy that quote.

It's nice to see that atleast someone has respect for the big man.

yeah, i havent heard ANYONE show any respect for Bettis over the last couple of weeks:rolleyes:

tony hipchest
02-01-2006, 09:45 PM
yeah, i havent heard ANYONE show any respect for Bettis over the last couple of weeks:rolleyes: your sarcasm is detected. gotta agree that other than a weak attempt to run a little smack by stevens, jerome has received tons of respect. come sunday, if he were to have a game like he did against the bears, i would say he could become one of the most respected men on earth (after all about a billion people will be watching).

its amazing that a lucky bounce of the ball (or great tackle by ben) and several weeks, could propel one person from potential b. dent or b. buckner status to that of m. jordan or j. elway.

$$$$$$$ cha- ching!

Avoid Lloyd
02-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I was kinda just screwin around and poking fun at Stevens, but I guess that kinda got lost in translation on the 'net here.:blurp:

PDX Hawk fan
02-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Um, exactly who doesn't respect Jerome Bettis?

This is getting ridiculous.

Brady12
02-02-2006, 12:16 AM
This Bryce Fisher guy has said some good things these past few days.

3 to be 4
02-02-2006, 08:50 PM
your sarcasm is detected. gotta agree that other than a weak attempt to run a little smack by stevens, jerome has received tons of respect. come sunday, if he were to have a game like he did against the bears, i would say he could become one of the most respected men on earth (after all about a billion people will be watching).

its amazing that a lucky bounce of the ball (or great tackle by ben) and several weeks, could propel one person from potential b. dent or b. buckner status to that of m. jordan or j. elway.

$$$$$$$ cha- ching!

yeah, if he gains 200 yards on sunday. short of that I dont..quite..think.. hes a Michael Jordan.

tony hipchest
02-02-2006, 10:04 PM
yeah, if he gains 200 yards on sunday. short of that I dont..quite..think.. hes a Michael Jordan.

yeah youre right. he dont gamble, cheat on his wife, and is much more likeable.

cha ching!$$$$$$

3 to be 4
02-02-2006, 10:10 PM
yeah youre right. he dont gamble, cheat on his wife, and is much more likeable.

cha ching!$$$$$$

ok, now you've crossed into SERIOUS local fan yahooism if you ever think Jerome Bettis can even be mentioned in the same breath with Michael Jordan as far as pecking order in the mind of Americans. Good grief!
first, hes better than Jim Brown. Nows hes more popular than Michael Jordan.:rolleyes:

tony hipchest
02-02-2006, 10:27 PM
ok, now you've crossed into SERIOUS local fan yahooism if you ever think Jerome Bettis can even be mentioned in the same breath with Michael Jordan as far as pecking order in the mind of Americans. Good grief!
first, hes better than Jim Brown. Nows hes more popular than Michael Jordan.:rolleyes:

ha ha! pretty soon hell be governor of pennsylvania! oops...... wrong era

president????

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 01:05 PM
that was your first incoherant post. what in blazes are you talking about?

tony hipchest
02-03-2006, 01:30 PM
that was your first incoherant post. what in blazes are you talking about? :dang: lynn swann just got the nomination to run for governor of pennsylvania. a highly revered steeler from a past era. since this position will be filled jerome will have to set his sights a little higher. president maybe?

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 01:34 PM
:dang: lynn swann just got the nomination to run for governor of pennsylvania. a highly revered steeler from a past era. since this position will be filled jerome will have to set his sights a little higher. president maybe?

ahhhhhhhhhh :dang: i get it now my bad

RoethlisBURGHer
02-03-2006, 01:39 PM
"Shaun Alexander is a threat to break it 60 or 70 yards. Jerome is a threat to break a DB."

This is my favorite Seahawk quote yet!