PDA

View Full Version : Someone finally hot to sing at the Super Bowl

supa_fly_steeler
01-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Carrie Underwood will sing the National Anthem and Queen Latifah will sing "America the Beautiful" as part of Super Bowl XLIV pregame festivities at Sun Life Stadium in South Florida on Sunday, Feb. 7, the NFL and CBS announced Thursday. The performance will be televised live on CBS Sports prior to kickoff.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/c_underwood_091103_IA.jpg
Jason DeCrow / Associated Press
Carrie Underwood is a four-time Grammy Award winner.

More than 151 million viewers in the U.S. watched last year's Super Bowl, the most-watched television program in history. The pregame show and Super Bowl XLIV will be broadcast worldwide in more than 230 countries and territories.

Underwood is among many great performers who have been honored with singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl including: Billy Joel, Diana Ross, Neil Diamond, Whitney Houston, Harry Connick, Jr., Garth Brooks, Natalie Cole, Vanessa Williams, Luther Vandross, Cher, Faith Hill, Mariah Carey, Dixie Chicks, Beyoncé Knowles, Jennifer Hudson and many more.

A four-time Grammy Award winner, a member of the Grand Ole Opry, the 2009 Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, and three-time CMA and ACM Female Vocalist winner, Underwood has amassed more than 11 million in U.S. album sales since her debut CD in 2005, more than any other American Idol winner. Along the way, she has consistently broken new ground and became the first country artist in history to achieve 11 consecutive No. 1 singles. Underwood's North American 2010 headline tour, "Play On Tour," will launch in March.

A musician, actress, a label president, an author and entrepreneur, Queen Latifah is a Grammy Award and Golden Globe Award-winning artist as well as an Emmy and Academy Award nominee.

Queen Latifah joins Vicki Carr (Super Bowl XI), Ray Charles (Super Bowl XXXV), Mary J. Blige and Marc Anthony (Super Bowl XXXVI), Alicia Keys (Super Bowl XXXIX) and Faith Hill (Super Bowl XLIII) as the only artists to perform the song at the Super Bowl.

The NFL previously announced that The Who will perform in the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLIV Halftime Show.

The pregame and halftime shows are an NFL Network Production and will be executive produced by Ricky Kirshner.

HometownGal
01-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I adore Carrie and enjoy her music very much. :thumbsup: I could do without Queen Latifah, but will be rockin' with The Who at halftime! :banana: :getdown:

supa_fly_steeler
01-28-2010, 03:54 PM
I adore Carrie and enjoy her music very much. :thumbsup: I could do without Queen Latifah, but will be rockin' with The Who at halftime! :banana: :getdown:

i adore her body and face... erm i mean voice... lol

do anybody remember the janet jackson thing that happened i think sb 38?

wheres jennifer hudson on the list of woman performers (XLIII)

HometownGal
01-28-2010, 03:57 PM
i adore her body and face... erm i mean voice... lol

I'm sure her fiance does too. :chuckle:

http://www.truecountry.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/carrieandmike.jpg

supa_fly_steeler
01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
she so hot wanna touch the hiney

Psyychoward86
01-28-2010, 04:47 PM

lol. is that a serious question

Indo
01-28-2010, 05:00 PM

It was just a simple "wardrobe malfunction" :toofunny:

SteelCityMom
01-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Well, being a chick that despises country music, I could care less about Underwood. I am very excited about The Who though...I just wish they had played last year. Instead had to suffer through Springstein. Figures.

supa_fly_steeler
01-28-2010, 05:35 PM
I want Weezy someday to do a super bowl

steelreserve
01-28-2010, 05:41 PM
They definitely need a wardrobe malfunction during the national anthem. It would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than when it happens during the lame-ass halftime show.

supa_fly_steeler
01-28-2010, 06:00 PM
i wouldnt mind her having a wardrobe malfucntion, its good that digital tv these days have live pause ;), lol jus joking

SteelerNation12
01-28-2010, 06:21 PM
I want Weezy someday to do a super bowl

Yeah and you would be the only one wanting to watch it. Weezy music is garbage.

supa_fly_steeler
01-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah and you would be the only one wanting to watch it. Weezy music is garbage.

keep hating lol

RoethlisBURGHer
01-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Carrie Underwood could have a "wardrobe malfunction", Queen Latifah.....I hope not.

silver & black
01-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Well, being a chick that despises country music, I could care less about Underwood. I am very excited about The Who though...I just wish they had played last year. Instead had to suffer through Springstein. Figures.

I agree with you on the country music... and I can't stand Springstein either. :chuckle:

Steel-Bryan
01-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Get Weezy, Cudi, Kanye, or Hova lolllll

OneForTheToe
01-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Someone finally hot to sing at the Super Bowl

Somebody is going to have to tell Neil Diamond he is not hot. Man is he going to be pissed,:madrun:

And for the record, Carrie Underwood is hot, but so is Faith Hill. :drool:
Sometimes, I'd rather replay the opening of Sunday Night football over and over again instead of watching the game.http://imgsrv.qcountry1037.com/image/wqny/UserFiles/Image/faith_hill_high_boots.jpg

Shea
01-28-2010, 10:39 PM
I agree with you on the country music... and I can't stand Springstein either. :chuckle:

I'm not a fan of country music either, and also not much of a Springstein fan, with a few exceptions of his songs. Streets of Philadelphia being a really great example (atleast to me) - it's a great song.

But Carrie Underwood's music isn't something I would actually classify as being country, atleast her music that I have heard.

She has some really good songs and after watching this performance on American Idol last year, I started looking into what her music was and watching her live performances on youtube. The girl can flat out sing.

hvTwFl6OIAk

Angus Burgher
01-28-2010, 11:24 PM
I still don't get the appeal of Carrie Underwood. I mean, let's look past the "OMG SHE'S SO HOT" stuff. She's one of the most lifeless performers I've ever seen. And her voice is decent, but it's nothing spectacular. I used to DJ at a country radio station back when she first got really popular. I had to listen to WAY too many of her songs and I seriously never heard her do anything interesting. She's as run-of-the-mill as they come.