PDA

View Full Version : SI 1st round Mock Draft Don Banks

mesaSteeler
01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
SI Mock Draft
Don Banks

18 OT Bryan Bulaga Iowa Jr. 6-6 312
The Steelers have expressed their intention to re-focus somewhat on their power running game, and that requires an infusion of talent at offensive line. Besides having a last name that sounds like it fits in Pittsburgh, Bulaga is solid enough to play right away in the NFL.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/01/28/mock.draft.2/index.html#ixzz0dwoVoybw

groundhogday
01-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Nice pick if he's there.

jdthree
01-28-2010, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't be mad at all with that.... He already looks good in black 'n gold.....

Although I'm preferring Iupati at this point in time with the recent news about how he just blew everyone up at the Senior Bowl practices.

Chidi29
01-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Bad pick. Dont' know why everyone thinks we need a tackle.

fat4jc
01-28-2010, 09:50 PM
SI Mock Draft
Don Banks

18 OT Bryan Bulaga Iowa Jr. 6-6 312
The Steelers have expressed their intention to re-focus somewhat on their power running game, and that requires an infusion of talent at offensive line. Besides having a last name that sounds like it fits in Pittsburgh, Bulaga is solid enough to play right away in the NFL.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/01/28/mock.draft.2/index.html#ixzz0dwoVoybw

Wouldn't hear me complain. I think there's alot of CB's to be had in the 2nd to 3rd round.

If we can get Clark and Hampton resigned before then, I'd love to see the FO fortify the O-line.

groundhogday
01-28-2010, 10:40 PM

I believe we need to address the O-line and make it a priority in Round 1. Enough of drafting the lineman projects in the mid-rounds. Personally, I'd like to see Iupati as G is an area of big time need but then again, they could take Bulaga and move Colon inside. I think it's a win-win with either way.

As much I'd like to address Defense, I think their are ample DB's in round 2 and possibly an ILB or DL. For picking as high as we are in the first, I don't see players like McClain, Haden, Thomas, falling. Dan Williams will probably be there but is he higher valued than the OL in this dratt? Not sure.

7willBheaven
01-29-2010, 12:11 AM
I wouldnt complain about getting a stud tackle. Yes there are bigger needs, but its not like picking a QB or TE in the first, something we do not need at all. I mean depending what happens with Colon, have this guy at LT, Starks can go back to RT...and Colon if resigned maybe RG..I dont know, just some thoughts. However if they are not set on Legursky as the future at Center, then that will need to be addressed in the high rounds next year, as i do not see the first 2 picks this yr being OL.

Steeldude
01-29-2010, 12:46 AM

probably because the steelers need one. starks is average and colon is average. colon, IMO, is better suited for G.

tell me, who are the backup tackles when colon or starks goes down? are you content with essex and hills waiting in the wings?

Galax Steeler
01-29-2010, 05:18 AM
probably because the steelers need one. starks is average and colon is average. colon, IMO, is better suited for G.

tell me, who are the backup tackles when colon or starks goes down? are you content with essex and hills waiting in the wings?

Agreed I think we need to address it as well. If we can get Bryan Bulaga Mendenhall would have a big hole to run through. It would for sure help our running game. If Thomas is not there then I would like to see this guy.

supa_fly_steeler
01-29-2010, 05:20 AM
I would rather go safety and build upon its success under tomlin and lebeau, the steelers are all about defense, earlier in the year after the chargers game analyists were calling kemeoeatu and starks the best at their position.

what happened there

RJ1670
01-29-2010, 06:41 AM
I'd go with Earl Thomas is Round 1. If we want a tackle we could get Jason Fox in Round 2

Chidi29
01-29-2010, 05:40 PM
I believe we need to address the O-line and make it a priority in Round 1. Enough of drafting the lineman projects in the mid-rounds. Personally, I'd like to see Iupati as G is an area of big time need but then again, they could take Bulaga and move Colon inside. I think it's a win-win with either way.

As much I'd like to address Defense, I think their are ample DB's in round 2 and possibly an ILB or DL. For picking as high as we are in the first, I don't see players like McClain, Haden, Thomas, falling. Dan Williams will probably be there but is he higher valued than the OL in this dratt? Not sure.

Thinking we need to draft a lineman does not mean we need to draft a tackle. There are three other starting spots on the line, after all.

I'm fine with an improvement at RG and center, but not anywhere else.

Chidi29
01-29-2010, 05:43 PM

I'd say Starks is a bit better than average and you're not going to bench him with the new contract we just gave him.

Colon was a borderline Pro Bowler this year. Rarely got beat off the edge and got a strong push in the running game. He's been called our best lineman by the coaching staff and rightfully so. I don't know why everyone thinks he should get kicked inside to guard; maybe that would be the right move two years ago but people need to get that old Colon out of their minds. The guy has really come along.

Tell me, what are you going to do when you have three tackles on the team, all earning or potentially earning quite a bit of money, when you can only start two?

The first round is not for depth, my friend. It is for need.

Steeldude
01-29-2010, 09:01 PM
and you're not going to bench him with the new contract we just gave him

no matter who is drafted they are going to be a bench warmer.

He's been called our best lineman

and that's scary.

Tell me, what are you going to do when you have three tackles on the team, all earning or potentially earning quite a bit of money, when you can only start two?

no salary cap to worry about in 2010 :thumbsup: as of now there are no legit stars on this O-line. the steelers have no quality depth at tackle or stars waiting in the wongs. 2 tackles start and the rookie on the bench. colon can move inside when the rookie OT is ready. IMO, colon is better suited as a guard due to his short arms. could draft iupati. he is slated as a guard, but is also being looked at as a tackle too.

i think hills will be let go and possibly another depending in the outcome of the draft and free agency.

C -hartwig, legursky*
G - kemo, stapleton, foster, essex*, urbik, legursky*
T - colon, starks, draft pick, essex*

Rarely got beat off the edge

weren't the sacks/pressures he allowed due to edge rushers?

borderline Pro Bowler

which means nothing nowadays. the pro bowl has been a joke for a very long time.

The first round is not for depth, my friend. It is for need.

whoever is drafted in the 1st will be depth for the first year and perhaps the second. hood was depth. he will most likely come off the bench in 2010 too.

i'm fine if they draft anything along the O-line, LB, DT or DB areas. as long as they stay away from WRs, TEs, RBs and QBs in the first round.