PDA

View Full Version : Roger Goodell: Corporate Fool or True Football Fan

supa_fly_steeler
01-28-2010, 06:12 PM
I think he is a coroporate guy just wanting the money, trying to get a franchise in our godforsaken country and super bowl as well.

It seems he doesn't care about what the fans have to say. The Pro Bowl continues to be a joke.

The Duke
01-29-2010, 01:56 AM
LAUDERHILL, Fla. — Other than a nosebleed, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell likes just about everything so far regarding this one-year test of having the Pro Bowl played one week before the Super Bowl.

Sometime soon, the league will decide if it wants to keep things that way.

"What we're seeing is a lot more attention on the Pro Bowl than we've ever had before," Goodell said. "And that in and of itself is a success."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_664593.html?feed=9

If you call more more attention to having half the players drop out, then yes the pro bowl has more attention than ever before

Guy's a freakin moron

CanadianSteel
01-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Ya he keeps amazing me with his stupidity..... what a tool !

Sharkissle29
01-29-2010, 05:15 PM
when do we get a new commissioner?

The Patriot
01-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Nobody cares about the pro-bowl. They should let it be what it is at heart: a celebratory game for players at the end of the year. Goodell may actually be hurting the quality of the Super Bowl in this feeble attempt to generate ratings.

AllD
01-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Dumb move putting it the week before. In addition, the winners of the SB will not have the opportunity to play in the PB and receive their deserved accolades from other players. Playing it in Miami is the only good thing to come out of this "New Coke", "Vista", "Edsel" style decision.

Galax Steeler
01-30-2010, 07:30 AM
I have to say he is a fool and has no business in the NFL.

HometownGal
01-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Goodell is a bumbling idiot and this only proves it more. :banging: What a maroon. :rolleyes:

supa_fly_steeler
01-30-2010, 08:34 AM
wow now 30 players have pulled of of the pro bowl, will mike vick be allowed to the pro bowl? i mean everyone is, perhaps bob ligershky can command the special teams.

the only reason why people sold it out is because some just want to go see a nfl game and cant see their favourite teams at all due to costs ect.

can the fans actually revolt and boo him out of town lol

SteelersMongol
02-02-2010, 01:57 AM
1 thing that I liked a lot from all the things he's doing, he's trying 2 make football a global sport. :couch:

Mewtwo
02-09-2010, 12:14 AM
The Pro Bowl should be taken as a serious game. In an ideal world, the conference that wins the Pro Bowl (after the Super Bowl) would get home field advantage at next year's Super Bowl, much as the league that wins the All-Star Game gets an extra home game at the World Series.

Goodell is a tool, and has pretty much cemented the use of the term "No Fun League". The NFL will be better off once he is no longer at the helm.

Shea
02-09-2010, 12:48 AM
I think he is a coroporate guy just wanting the money, trying to get a franchise in our godforsaken country and super bowl as well.

It seems he doesn't care about what the fans have to say. The Pro Bowl continues to be a joke.

Where exactly are you located? :huh:

I've noticed a few of your posts have hinted to the fact that you might not live in the states.

Am I right?