PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' Maualuga faces DUI charge

OneForTheToe
01-29-2010, 11:28 AM
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Come on Marvin. Get to the mike. You know the Cincinnati police must be targeting players of American Samoan descent.:wink02:

SteelMember
01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Bengals' Maualuga arrested on DUI charge (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8160c08d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)
Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- Police in northern Kentucky have arrested Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga on charges of drunken and careless driving.

Covington police spokesman Spike Jones says Maualuga hit a parking meter and two parked cars early Friday with his 2003 Pontiac. There was minor damage.

The 23-year-old was held about seven hours at the Kenton County jail before being released on his own recognizance.

The Bengals' 2009 second-round draft choice from Southern Cal started the first 15 games of his rookie season before breaking his left ankle.

Team spokesman Jack Brennan says he won't comment until the case is resolved. A message has been left for agent Gary Uberstine.

----------------------------------------------------

Only being his 1st complete season, I don't think this is a record for a bungals player, but he seems to be coming along nicely.

Wonder if he was trying to parallel park his '03 Pontiac. That can be a difficult maneuver for a beginner. :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
01-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Bengals' Maualuga arrested on DUI charge (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8160c08d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)
Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- Police in northern Kentucky have arrested Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga on charges of drunken and careless driving.

Covington police spokesman Spike Jones says Maualuga hit a parking meter and two parked cars early Friday with his 2003 Pontiac. There was minor damage.

The 23-year-old was held about seven hours at the Kenton County jail before being released on his own recognizance.

The Bengals' 2009 second-round draft choice from Southern Cal started the first 15 games of his rookie season before breaking his left ankle.

Team spokesman Jack Brennan says he won't comment until the case is resolved. A message has been left for agent Gary Uberstine.

thanks ... I don't know why I didn't post the article. :doh: I guess i just figured everybody would just take my word for it. :toofunny:

Edman
01-29-2010, 11:40 AM
So much talent, too bad his already questionable character is coming out already.

SteelMember
01-29-2010, 11:46 AM
thanks ... I don't know why I didn't post the article. :doh: I guess i just figured everybody would just take my word for it. :toofunny:

:rulez:

No problem. I thought someone might ask for "the link". :drink:

CanadianSteel
01-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Not suprised: Another Bengal player arrested

Surprised: A player making that much bank in the NFL is driving a 2003 Pontiac ? WTF....

"Maualuga hit a parking meter and two parked cars early Friday with his 2003 Pontiac."

steelreserve
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Well, it didn't take him long to fit in.

Glace
01-29-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd drink too if I played for the Bungles

Godfather
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Come on Marvin. Get to the mike. You know the Cincinnati police must be targeting players of American Samoan descent.:wink02:

Nah, they're profiling Bengals. Which is smart police work.

Galax Steeler
01-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Just another off year for them they are keeping up there wrap sheet very nicely.:rofl:

Indo
01-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Nah, they're profiling Bengals. Which is smart police work.

:toofunny:

Psyychoward86
01-29-2010, 04:34 PM
now those are the good 'ol bengals i know and love

SMR
01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
now those are the good 'ol bengals i know and love

Ahem...."love" is a strong word.

stillers4me
01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH....it's good to watch things get back to normal in the AFC North. :chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-29-2010, 07:07 PM
This means 2010 will be back to normal:

Steelers win division and go deep into the playoffs, if not winning the Super Bowl
Ravens finish second and if they are lucky get a wild card
Bengals and Browns battle for the basement

klick81
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
This means 2010 will be back to normal:

Steelers win division and go deep into the playoffs, if not winning the Super Bowl
Ravens finish second and if they are lucky get a wild card
Bengals and Browns battle for the basement

All all is back to normal :applaudit:.

SMR
01-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Indeed, ORDER WILL BE RESTORED!
:helmet:

CantStop85
01-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Jared Allen has had 3 DUI's and he's one of the most dominant players in the league...I think this is a great sign in Rey's development. :chuckle:

stillers4me
01-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Jared Allen has had 3 DUI's and he's one of the most dominant players in the league...I think this is a great sign in Rey's development. :chuckle:

Spoken like a true Bengals fan.

However, since me and my loved ones share the same roads as your scumbags, I don't share the sentiment.

rbryan
01-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Not suprised: Another Bengal player arrested

Surprised: A player making that much bank in the NFL is driving a 2003 Pontiac ? WTF....

"Maualuga hit a parking meter and two parked cars early Friday with his 2003 Pontiac."

That was my first thought too.......lol

I figured a knucklehead like him would have spent half his signing bonus on a new ride and bling.........never mind....... signing with the Bunglers is taking a pay cut from where he came from.

Shea
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
According to the police report, Rey told cops he had "about six Captain and Coke drinks" earlier in the night. The report also states that Rey blew a .157 on the breathalyzer -- nearly twice the legal limit.

Looks like he was blitzed.

I know he's a lot bigger than I am, but if I ever drank that much then there is no way in hell I'd be hitting the road. That is a ton of alcohol when you're going to be driving.

What a dumbass. :doh:

I guess the recent stories of Dante Stallworth and others, plus the emphasis put on such matters during rookie symposiums went right over his head. :shake01:

revefsreleets
02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm honestly surprised....I saw this coming well before the season ended.

First the DUI's, then the 3AM titty bar shoot-em-ups....

steelreserve
02-01-2010, 02:18 PM

I swear to god, one time several years ago, I saw a car with a license plate that said "7 DUIS" and I laughed my ass off. To this day, I wonder how they were allowed to have that. I don't know why your post reminded me of that, but it was still good for a chuckle.

Shea
02-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I swear to god, one time several years ago, I saw a car with a license plate that said "7 DUIS" and I laughed my ass off. To this day, I wonder how they were allowed to have that. I don't know why your post reminded me of that, but it was still good for a chuckle.

Perhaps that person was court-ordered to have that plate in a way to not only humiliate them, but perhaps be a heads-up to other drivers on the road to keep an eye open to anything fishy and to call 911 if all doesn't seem right.

Just my guess.......

But then again, why does someone who would have 7 DUIs be permitted to have a license at all?

tony hipchest
02-04-2010, 01:06 AM
But then again, why does someone who would have 7 DUIs be permitted to have a license at all?

youve never been to new mexico. its like a badge of honor out here.

then again, there is still debate whether operating a horse while drunk is a crime. common thought is "no" unless its the horse who is drunk. :noidea:

SteelMember
02-04-2010, 08:37 AM
http://www.kyle-brady.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Drunk-Horse.jpg

:chuckle:

Silverback92
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
I didn't see mention of the two girls who were in the car with him. Ready for this shocker? Their ages: 18 and 17.

http://usc.freedomblogging.com/2010/01/29/rey-maualuga-arrested-for-dui-in-kentucky/31331/

supa_fly_steeler
02-04-2010, 04:51 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2010/01/0129_rey_tmz_ex_02.jpg

steelpride12
02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
You would think after good, clean off season for the Bungles they would lay off the stupid stuff and stay clean for awhile. I guess I forgot we are dealing with the Bungles proving to the world you can always fit in their with a DUI or some simple assaults.

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
As if No One saw this coming...he was known to have a drinking problem in college.

Nothing to see, move along.

revefsreleets
02-05-2010, 11:15 AM
As if No One saw this coming...he was known to have a drinking problem in college.

Nothing to see, move along.

Welllllllllll....there were quite a few Steelers fans here who wanted this kid in the B&G, the usual suspects, the same people who want Mike Vick or TO to come poison our locker room.

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Welllllllllll....there were quite a few Steelers fans here who wanted this kid in the B&G, the usual suspects, the same people who want Mike Vick or TO to come poison our locker room.

He is a fine linebacker, but off the field, total poison.

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Sources: Maualuga to enter rehab

By Adam Schefter

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga will check into the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif., later this month for at least 30 days, according to multiple NFL sources.
Maualuga, who pleaded guilty to drunken driving in Kentucky on Tuesday and apologized for his actions, had considered checking into rehab this past week, but opted to put it off until after a previously planned trip to Samoa, sources said. He is expected to enter the facility once he returns.

The rookie linebacker from USC was arrested on Jan. 29 in Covington, Ky., after police said he hit a parking meter and two parked cars. On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty and received a suspended seven-day jail sentence, two years' probation and had his driver's license suspended for 90 days. He was fined $884 plus court costs and will have to make restitution for damages from the accident.

He met with league officials on Wednesday, according to a source.

This is not the first time Maualuga has encountered problems with alcohol. During his freshman year at USC in 2005, Malaulga was arrested for misdemeanor battery in an alcohol-related incident. The charges were dismissed when he agreed to participate in an arraignment diversion program that included attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4894949

tony hipchest
02-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Welllllllllll....there were quite a few Steelers fans here who wanted this kid in the B&G. :shake01: no there wasnt.

devilsdancefloor
02-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Well i hope he gets the help he needs and doesnt just go through the motions. to be honest i do not recall to many people wanting him id say more wanted little animal :noidea:

tony hipchest
02-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Well i hope he gets the help he needs and doesnt just go through the motions. to be honest i do not recall to many people wanting him id say more wanted little animal :noidea:had ziggy not slipped i am certain we woulda had james and it woulda been a damn good pick (he certainly would not have had 100+ tackles this season, and probably would be called a bust by now, though).

Psyychoward86
02-10-2010, 11:27 PM

lolwat

all i can recall is everyone saying

1) he sucks

2) he's an idiot

revefsreleets
02-11-2010, 09:42 AM
(Sigh)

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=29591&page=2

There's more of this, too...