PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Wanna Be a NAVY SEAL ???

SteelerEmpire
01-29-2010, 12:54 PM
LINK: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35056568#35056568

Galax Steeler
01-29-2010, 01:15 PM
I have watched some of that before they are very tough and physical. There is now way I could even think about doing it.

SteelerEmpire
01-29-2010, 01:34 PM
I have watched some of that before they are very tough and physical. There is now way I could even think about doing it.

I hear ya...I initially tried to enter the Marines when I was 17. But back then you had to have a HS Diploma to get in.
So, as a favor for a Navy Recruiter baby sitting the kids of my Marine Recruiter, the Marine Recruiter gave the Navy Recruiter my name as you did not need a HS Diploma for the Navy.
The Navy guys knocked on my door and offered me a shot at the SEAL's. I didn't know anything about the SEAL's in those days so I choose an occupation in which I could use my head more (in Aviation). But today, upon reflection, it would have been cool if I would have ended up in SEAL training camp. I had that type of "mental" motivation to the ceiling back then, but now I could'ent do it....
From the SEAL's I know from my Navy days... I get from them its something you REALLY have to be into...

Indo
01-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for posting that

I have always had HUGE respect for the guys that become SEALs

Leftoverhard
01-30-2010, 12:08 AM
For every actual Navy Seal today, there are at least 300 people claiming to be one.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x3198394#3198401

MasterOfPuppets
01-30-2010, 01:21 AM
:yeehaw:

SCSTILLER
01-30-2010, 05:09 PM
For every actual Navy Seal today, there are at least 300 people claiming to be one.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x3198394#3198401

What the "F" does that have to do with real Navy SEALS. So frickin what if there are some people out there that "claim" they were Navy SEALS. Yes, it is a disgrace to the SEALS, but every single profession out there has someone claiming to be that, except for maybe janitor. I remember reading a story in the PPG after we signed Jeff Reed and he hit those 5-6 field goals in Jax that guys on the South Side were claiming to be him. It happens, as wrong and disrespectful as it is, it does happen. All of those people are douchebags.

This still does not take away from the SEALS themselves, how badass they are, and how they are the tip of the spear when it comes to protecting you, me, and every American citizen. I am glad those guys are on our side! :tt03:

Leftoverhard
01-30-2010, 05:14 PM
What the "F" does that have to do with real Navy SEALS.

Is that a question?

:noidea:

Bng_Hevn
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Just like most things requiring physical and mental toughness, it comes down to what you want. If you sign on and want to succeed, you will regardless of how "strong" you are at the time.

Te SEAL training hammers you on the mental level as much if not more than physically.

The big difference between outfits like the SEALs and, say, the USMC, is that you can drop out. Having been in the USMC you WILL get through it unless you really puss out and go through the proper channels.

To give you an idea of how tough SEALs are though, here is a story told to us in Marine boot camp by the DI.

He and 5 other Marines were at a bar where they saw two SEALs. Being typical Marines they started a go with them and got their asses handed to them.

Keep in mind this is a DI talking to recruits. That really drives the point home on how truly deadly a SEAL can be. But, just like anything else, you have people who may make it through the training but still don't hold the same "skillset" as other SEALs.