PDA

View Full Version : fat4jc's 7 round mock draft

fat4jc
01-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Alright, I think most of these picks are reasonable. I have added in the compensatory picks (5th for McFadden, 5th for Nate Washington, and a 7th for Leftwich).

1) Earl Thomas - S - Texas
2) Kyle Wilson - CB - Boise State
3) Daryl Washington - ILB - TCU
4) John Jerry - OG - Ole Miss
5a) Linval Joseph - NT - East Carolina
5b) Eric Olsen - C - Notre Dame
5c) Charles Scott - RB - LSU
6) Adrian Tracy - OLB - William & Mary
7a) Dan LeFavour - QB - Central Michigan
7b) Johnny Spevak - WR - Central Washington

Let me know your thoughts...I'm by no means an expert, nor do I watch a whole lot of college football. I'm basing alot of this on other mocks I've seen and our specific needs as a team.

steelerdave1969
01-29-2010, 01:44 PM
I see that as would be an awesome on paper draft for the Steelers for sure. But dont see Kyle Wilson lasting that long in the 2nd round myself, not after the week of practice at the Senior Bowl. Dary Washington would be an awesome addition to the defense as well.

Sharkissle29
01-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Im pretty sure Daryl Washington is a 4-3 MLB

Aussie_steeler
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Alright, I think most of these picks are reasonable. I have added in the compensatory picks (5th for McFadden, 5th for Nate Washington, and a 7th for Leftwich).

1) Earl Thomas - S - Texas
2) Kyle Wilson - CB - Boise State
3) Daryl Washington - ILB - TCU
4) John Jerry - OG - Ole Miss
5a) Linval Joseph - NT - East Carolina
5b) Eric Olsen - C - Notre Dame
5c) Charles Scott - RB - LSU
6) Adrian Tracy - OLB - William & Mary
7a) Dan LeFavour - QB - Central Michigan
7b) Johnny Spevak - WR - Central Washington

Let me know your thoughts...I'm by no means an expert, nor do I watch a whole lot of college football. I'm basing alot of this on other mocks I've seen and our specific needs as a team.

Solid draft. I like a lot about it.

Thomas is a surefire pick if he is available.
Wilson is wowing people at the senior bowl and may well have moved higher up many teams boards.
Washington is also earning rave reviews and the only question is where does he fit in the 3-4
John Jerry is that swing man that is a mauling guard who could also be a RT in the pro's.

I honestly think that Tomlin will try to look after one of his own and draft a William & Mary guy. I have Tracy in my latest mock that I will post soon. I like this pick:thumbsup:

Lefevour is a guy that I think will play well above his playing weight and he could be a very good camp guy and #3 QB. My gut feeling however is that Charlie Batch comes back at min vet with an eye down the road to be a QB coach.

Linval Joseph is a name that I know little about but he is starting to climb some boards.

I think you are short one position. I think backup SS is an absolute must

Look forward to more mocks in the future.:drink:

Chidi29
01-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Looks pretty good.

jdthree
01-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Substitute Cam Thomas in for Joseph and I give it an A-.

Love the backup RB and OLB picks..... we NEED depth there and later on in the draft is perfect for that!!!!!

Galax Steeler
01-30-2010, 05:47 AM
I think you done a good job but like someone else stated it might be luck if we get him when we pick in the second.