PDA

View Full Version : McNabb Interview at ESPN

Chronicgaming
02-01-2006, 10:07 PM
McNabb Interview (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2315565&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

I thought that this was an interesting read where McNabb goes into what he thought happened to the team this year (especially TO). Can't say that I'm a real Eagles fan, but I've never had any problems with the team either.

syde18T
02-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Just when I thought all was said, done and over with, I hear this crap last night on the radio. McNabb just needs to remain a classy guy that he has always been and let it go. I don't understand how this whole saga merits a "black on black crime." All because Favre's name was brought into it? You have to think now, who's playing the race card now?

Please DMac, just move on and concentrating on fully healing for spring camp....

Livinginthe past
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
I think its a sorry episode that McNabb has had to endure.

He remains one of the classiest QB's in the league - a talented player who I think is just trying to find his identity again - pocket passer or scrambler.

I am not too sure about the whole black-on-black crime - seems a little melodramatic - certainly race does not to play a part in this long running saga - Brett Favre happens to be white and its as simple as that.

On this note, does anyone know why two teams with possibly the most atheltic QB's in the game (Vick and McNabb) both play west-coast offenses?
Seems to me if you have a QB scrambling this should allow for deeper throws down the field.

I look forward to two things next season.

1. McNabb making a full recovery and getting back to his best.

2. T.O. retiring to star in his own talk show.

NM

83-Steelers-43
02-02-2006, 11:19 AM
The story was over and the guy who pleaded with TO to let it go is the one bringing it back up again out of the clear blue.

Black on black crime? Who didn't see that one coming when Brett Favre's name left T.O.'s mouth?

After listening to that interview I seriously have to start wondering about McNabb. There is no doubt that I have lost respect for him. He was winning the "good guy/bad guy" battle with TO and then he comes out of the clear blue, brings up the lame soap opera that opened up in Philly this past season (as if we haven't heard enough, spare us) and then goes on to play the race card? Give me a break.

Maybe he feel's the need to play the race card since the leader of the Philly NAACP stated he was doing an injustice to the African American community for not being a mobile QB like Mike Vick?

Maybe he needed attention?

Eitherway, he sounded like an idiot in that interview.

CantStop85
02-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Please, Donovan, get over it. Race has nothing to do with it. TO doesn't hate you because you're black, he hates you because you're Mcnabb and he's TO. It's pretty pitiful when you have to use the race card on someone of your own ethnicity.

LambertIsGod58
02-02-2006, 05:42 PM
The story was over and the guy who pleaded with TO to let it go is the one bringing it back up again out of the clear blue.

Black on black crime? Who didn't see that one coming when Brett Favre's name left T.O.'s mouth?

After listening to that interview I seriously have to start wondering about McNabb. There is no doubt that I have lost respect for him. He was winning the "good guy/bad guy" battle with TO and then he comes out of the clear blue, brings up the lame soap opera that opened up in Philly this past season (as if we haven't heard enough, spare us) and then goes on to play the race card? Give me a break.

Maybe he feel's the need to play the race card since the leader of the Philly NAACP stated he was doing an injustice to the African American community for not being a mobile QB like Mike Vick?

Maybe he needed attention?

Eitherway, he sounded like an idiot in that interview.

This is the real Donovan McNabb....He's not a class guy. He wants everyone to think so, but he's not. The truth is that McNabb will NEVER be as good as Brett Favre. Owens was the missing piece to that team. History proves it.

Suitanim
02-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Actually, in the end, these guys probably all deserve each other...toss Rush Limbaugh in there for good measure, too.

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 01:41 PM
a note on McNabb as they are showing last years SB on ESPN. He got a VERY raw deal from the media regarding that "throwing up" thing. Ive watched that game a few times.
Jarvis Green absolutely NAILED McNabb the play before he started running things slow.
he wasnt choking. He was frickin hurt. And NOBODY picked up on this and McNabb never used it as an excuse. im not a huge fan of his game, but i never understood this.