PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Players of the Year: Palmer, Alexander

CantStop85
02-01-2006, 10:20 PM
If you haven't already seen it:

Bengals' Palmer wins NFL award
Seahawks' Alexander also receives FedEx honor

BY MARK CURNUTTE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
DETROIT ? Carson Palmer and Shaun Alexander are the winners of the FedEx Air and Ground NFL Players of the Year.

The announcement was made this morning at the Children?s Hospital of Michigan in Detroit.

Palmer was scheduled to appear in Detroit at a news conference this afternoon, but he cancelled his appearance. He is in Los Angeles rehabbing his left knee following surgery Jan. 10 to repair two torn ligaments.

A $25,000 check will be presented to Cincinnati Children?s Hospital in recognition of Palmer?s winning the yearly award. It is presented weekly to a player, and Palmer won it five times during the regular season.

Alexander, the Seattle Seahawks running back and Florence native, led the NFL with 1,880 rushing yards and 28 touchdowns and was voted league most valuable player.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060201/SPT02/302010013

tony hipchest
02-01-2006, 10:27 PM
what? is palmer too good now to show up for charity???? lol j/k

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Those are both good choices... carson had an outstanding year , as did Alexander.

Koopa
02-01-2006, 11:17 PM
to bad their season will both have been ended by the steelers

Brady12
02-02-2006, 12:04 AM
I voted for both of them, glad to see the players I voted for win. :smile:

Milkman
02-02-2006, 10:28 AM
All I can say is...I'm glad I had Palmer in both of my fantasy leagues (in one league, I had Culpepper as my first round pick and Palmer was my season-saving 8th rounder!) and he helped win them both!!!

Of course having my man Neil Rackers, Larry Johnson, and Torry Holt didn't hurt me either!