PDA

View Full Version : My 7 round Mock Draft

Jlambert58
01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
1. Bruce Cambell(OT Maryland) Scouts are drooling over him, but is still very raw.
2. Trevard Lindley (CB Kentucky) Has the tools to be a shutdown corner, needs to beef up though
*Trade up by giving 4th round/6th round for another 3rd round pick.
3a. Greg Hardy(DE Ole Miss) Weight issues are making him drop, still would be a huge steal.
3b. Toby Gerhart (RB Stanford) A bull rushing, powerful RB who can catch? It would be a dream come true for the Steelers in the red zone
5. Harry Coleman(S LSU) Had a solid year last year, adds more depth to secondary
7. Adam Ulatoski (OT Texas) The steelers need to grab O-linemen whenever they can this offseason

Comments/Feedback are welcome

jdthree
02-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Don't mean to be harsh but besides Gerhart I don't really like anyone in that draft.

And after Gerhart runs a 4.5 40 time at the combine there's no way he's available at the end of the 3rd.

Northside Jonny
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
i dont believe in giving away picks . power in numbers higher % of getting it right

jonslow
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Trevard Lindley's stock is falling really, really fast. He looked absilutely horrid last week at the Senior Bowl. He looked complacent and nonchalant at practice. He gave so much cushion to receivers on underneath routes and got beat on a ton of deep routes. He got beat for a touchdown during the game as well. Aside from that, you're right, he needs to beef up, but based on what I saw last week in Mobile, if he adds weight, he's only going to get slower and have sloppier footwork. In the second round, corners like Kyle Wilson and Brandon Ghee should still be available and will be a lot better than Lindley.

I like your Greg Hardy pick, but I'd also like to pull in a safety in the 3-4th rounds. This is one of the deepest safety classes I can remember. A guy like Myron Rolle in the 3rd would make my year.

SteelersTilIDie
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Don't mean to be harsh but besides Gerhart I don't really like anyone in that draft.

And after Gerhart runs a 4.5 40 time at the combine there's no way he's available at the end of the 3rd.

then you don't know anything about the draft

jdthree
02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
then you don't know anything about the draft

OK smart guy.... educate me. :blah::blah:

Where do you think these players eventually translate to on the next level and what players that we currently have to any of them replace within the next two-three years???????

OK.. .I waited a day and no response from Mr. IShouldShutUpTillIDie.... So here's why this is a bad draft.

First of all Campbell has been hurt an inordinate amount of time and has legit durability concerns despite that fact that he is very talented and will most likely go well before we pick at #18. The Lindley pick in the 2nd is way too high for this kid who may have gone there two years ago, but now will most likely go about the 4-5th round. He was abused severely in Senior Bowl practices by multiple WR's and also seemed too light to be able to project as a FS on the next level. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/563574
And as for giving up multiple picks that we really need for depth at OLB, O-line, and S for someone who most likely won't be able to start anytime soon on Sundays seems like a huge stretch. As for the Hardy pick, there are some who may believe that he can transition over to OLB for us, but I believe that he is strictly a DE, and one who is way to injury prone for my taste. He can be a beast when he's health, but that has been way too few and far between over the past two seasons. Another write up about Hardy.....http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010ghardy.php As for Coleman, he was a SS at LSU, but was used as an OLB much this year which leads me to believe that he strictly an in-the-box safety and after this past season we need someone who has some coverage skills as well as tackling and run support skills. Waiting for the 7th round for another O-lineman is really putting up the white flag and saying that we only need a camp body and that he won't be on the roster come the end of preseason. He struggled mightly against Suh, but so did the rest of the country, but he did make the All Big 12 second team so he can't be all bad, but my thing is that why draft two tackles???? We are more primed to pick an interior lineman than we are a T this draft. Another beef is that I think we need a late rounder for MLB to eventually take over or at least give a breather for Farrior and Fox this next season.

So that's it..... I really didn't want to get into it this much, but when someone calls you out... Pride sometimes takes over.