PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben back at it...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-23-2005, 01:29 AM
After a near-perfect rookie season, it's back to school for Ben Roethlisberger
Steelers quarterback getting head start on 2005 season
Wednesday, March 23, 2005

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050323pdben3_230.jpg

Where do you put the perfect student? The kid who aced all his tests, won every award and racked up records?

In the case of the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger, you put him to work.

Roethlisberger is back setting new standards. He has been working out and studying for the past month at the Steelers' UPMC facility, far earlier than anyone can remember any of their previous quarterbacks.

Roethlisberger might not be able to match his sensational rookie season, but it won't be for lack of trying this spring.

"The biggest thing is just the progression of the offseason," said Ken Whisenhunt, the team's offensive coordinator. "Having that is huge, especially from the standpoint of being the starter. That makes a big difference. It will be a little bit easier for him to prepare, knowing what to expect."

It all seemed too easy for Roethlisberger in 2004. Forced into the lineup in the second half of his second pro game because of an injury to Tommy Maddox, Roethlisberger and the Steelers did not lose another game until the AFC championship. Roethlisberger's Steelers went 13-0 in the regular season, more than double the perfect record of any previous rookie quarterback and a record never achieved by any, rookie or veteran.

He broke Dan Marino's 20-year-old rookie records for pass-completion percentage and passer rating. He earned the AFC offensive rookie of the year, the NFL Pepsi rookie of the year and the Dapper Dan Man of the Year. His No. 7 jersey was the league's hottest seller.

Here's the rest.. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05082/476109.stm

clevestinks
03-23-2005, 05:01 AM
Only one thing left.

We don`t need to go 15-1.

We just need One-For-The-Thumb

JerseySTEEL
03-23-2005, 07:03 PM
just need tos tomp the rat bird!

clevestinks
03-24-2005, 11:06 AM
i think Big Ben is focused and a smart kid. He has his eye on the prize.

StLouisSteel
03-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Also, realize this...he had never been used to playing in that many games in a year. He was dog tired by the AFC Championship game. But I have a feeling that he won't let that happen to him ever again. He knows what's expected of him now...and more importantly, what he's CAPABLE of. Ben, we're all counting on you, now bring it home BRUTHA"!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Only one thing left.

We don`t need to go 15-1.

We just need One-For-The-Thumb

good point cleve... 15-1 for the second season in a row isnt something that I have to see either, although I wouldnt complain if we did.. just get us to the post season and get that big silver thing back in Steel Town !!!

clevestinks
03-26-2005, 07:58 AM
just get us to the post season and get that big silver thing back in Steel Town !!!

All in favor say I, I

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 02:03 AM
:busted: I :busted:

SteelersGirlTN7
03-27-2005, 11:59 PM
All in favor say I, I

Definitely *I*

HinesWard4Life8682
03-28-2005, 11:46 PM
lets be the 3rd team to win 5 superbowls