PDA

View Full Version : Harrison hits a jackpot

BlitzburghRockCity
03-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Steelers linebacker James Harrison found a six-figure pot of gold at the end of the season.

James Harrison, unwanted by the NFL until the Steelers signed him days before training camp began, is $123,497 richer for his play last season.

Harrison earned the extra amount from the NFL's performance-based pay system, which doled out more than $57 million to players last season based on their productivity. The amount comes from a pool set up for such a purpose that was created in 2002, when the collective bargaining agreement was extended
http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050323pdharrison2_230.jpg

clevestinks
03-23-2005, 05:05 AM
congrats to harrison, and well deserved. There is one helluva tradition around here at the linebacker spot. And he will fit in just fine.

ironcitychef
03-23-2005, 11:31 AM
What I liked was all those bonuses were delivered to the players without warning in one envelope and check like they won the lottery. What a great way to do it. Some relatively unknown guy cleaning up the last little bit before the offseason wondering if anyone besides his mom noticed his hard work, and then...Surprise! Here you go Mr. Harrison, don't spend it all in one place, okay?

clevestinks
03-23-2005, 02:57 PM
What about giving some fans some cash, I know we put in alot of hours and hardwork. And who promotes the Steelers more than US.

JerseySTEEL
03-23-2005, 07:09 PM
hes a great player to have. :cool:

ironcitychef
03-23-2005, 10:22 PM
CS, you're right. Here you go...:dollar: :twocents:. Just remember that should you leave this forum before age 75, that $1.00 bonus will get spread across the rest of your years.

SteelersFever
03-23-2005, 10:31 PM
With all that money we could advertise this forum all over the place. Anyone know where he lives? :laughing:

StLouisSteel
03-25-2005, 08:01 PM
This is a great thing. As I mentioned in an earlier post, James Harisson impressed the HELL outta' me!!! I love this guy. He's fast, tenacious...yet small enough to not SEEM like a threat...until it's TOO LATE! I'm almost tempted to get a Harisson jersey made just because he was my break-though player of last year. I hope they find a way to make him a permanent part of the D-Scheme.

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 02:06 AM
ya he might be backign up MLB sicne we need depth there. and dam theres ppl taking my name left and right stlouis steel and savsteel dammmit.

ironcitychef
03-27-2005, 02:34 AM
I would give him bettter than average chances right now. We cut Gildon, Lloyd, trade Bell. We can build LB's but also ship them out so be ready 2nd string!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-27-2005, 11:18 AM
ya he might be backign up MLB sicne we need depth there. and dam theres ppl taking my name left and right stlouis steel and savsteel dammmit.

relax jersey, and stop chasing away all the newbs!!! ;)

Harrison COULD be the next Chad brown, in that sooner or later he's gonna demand more playing time simply becuz he's just too good to keep off the field.

Milkman
12-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Steelers linebacker James Harrison found a six-figure pot of gold at the end of the season.

James Harrison, unwanted by the NFL until the Steelers signed him days before training camp began, is $123,497 richer for his play last season.

Harrison earned the extra amount from the NFL's performance-based pay system, which doled out more than $57 million to players last season based on their productivity. The amount comes from a pool set up for such a purpose that was created in 2002, when the collective bargaining agreement was extended
http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050323pdharrison2_230.jpg

I hope he stays with the black and gold for years to come! :tt04: