PDA

View Full Version : How many Steelers fans will be in Detroit...


sdayxl
02-02-2006, 02:49 AM
Super Bowl XL Distribution is as follows:

AFC Champion - 17.5 percent
NFC Champion - 17.5 percent
Host Team (Lions) - 5.0 percent
Other 29 Teams - 34.8 percent
NFL - 25.2 percent

Now, 17.5 % will be steelers fans for sure....

Of the remaining 65 % that doesn't go to the Seahawks or Steelers season ticket holders... How many Steelers fans do you think there will be? (In a percentage)

I say the 5 % of lions fans are going for Steelers because of Bettis. That 34.8 % that goes to the season ticket holder of the other teams will more than likely be half sold to Steelers fans and the ones who make it to the Super Bowl will follow the crowd in Steelers gear not knowing there even exists a team in Seattle. The NFL sponsors and junk are probably pulling for the Steelers because of the Bettis story, so my guess is of the 65 %, 45 % will be Steelers fans, add that to the 17.5 % we already have for a grand total of 62.5% of the stands will be Terrible Towel waving lunatics. Of course, theres always the seahawks fans who see the super bowl as an opportunity to sell their tickets to a Steelers fan for the money, kind of like the morons selling the NFC championship hot dog, f-ing ridiculous, so i bump that number up to an even 70%

70% of the crowd will be black and gold, pretty much a home game...kind of ironic how the road to XL was away and now we have made detroit Pittsburgh West....

Reply with your guess on how many of the fans will be black and gold (in percent)

melroseplace
02-02-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm guessing the majority of the Lions fans will be rooting for the Steelers, I'm not sure about the full 5% though. I would think most of the "other teams" will sell their tickets, so who knows who those will go to...

SteelerFanInCA
02-02-2006, 04:58 PM
It will be a sea of black and gold. As always.

CowherLover
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Im gonna guess high and say........ 55-60%

BB2W
02-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Consider that the Detroit media is in universal agreement that this is a temporary Steeler town.

"We're going with Pittsburgh," wrote Mitch Albom in the Detroit Free Press.. "We like Pittsburgh. We are Pittsburgh."

"98.99 percent of Detroit is rooting for the Steelers," wrote Bob Wojnarowski of the Detroit News. "The other 1.01 percent drink $6 cups of coffee."


link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-detroit013006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Hammer67
02-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I was just at at department party for Ford at a local (Dearborn) establishment and everyone was giving props to the Steelers...

Large_Ant
02-02-2006, 10:06 PM
I would expect that the majority of fans there will be pro-Steelers. However, I don't think it will have much impact on the game. These won't be the blue collar, lunch pail totin', football loving fans that make a ton of noise. The working guy gets priced out of this game.

The majority of the fans in the stands will be corporate pansies wearing Polo shirts instead of jerseys and their gold digging girlfriends/wives/mistresses wearing high heels. To everyone outside of your average message board, it's not a football game, it's a "Gala". Makes me want to puke.

SteelerzGirl
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
A gazillion. Enuf said! GO STEELER NATION! :bouncy: