PDA

View Full Version : My First 2010 Mock Draft

steelerdave1969
02-02-2010, 04:07 PM
I know that some of these may never have a chance, but they are what I think the teams should do. At the no.1 spot I really think the Rams should trade down to atleast around 5th or so and still get the QB that they need. Otherwise its a hard choice for me with them. So here we go with my Top 10.

1. St.Louis Rams QB Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame
2. Detroit DT Ndamukong Suh Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay WR Dez Bryant Oklahoma State
4. Washington S Eric Berry Tennessee
5. Kansas City DT Gerald McCoy Oklahoma
6. Seattle OT Russell Okung Oklahoma State
7. Cleveland DB Joe Haden Florida
8. Oakland S Taylor Mays USC
9. Buffalo OT Anthony Davis Rutgers
10. Denver (from Bears) ILB Rolando McClain Alabama

taztroy43
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I know that some of these may never have a chance, but they are what I think the teams should do. At the no.1 spot I really think the Rams should trade down to atleast around 5th or so and still get the QB that they need. Otherwise its a hard choice for me with them. So here we go with my Top 10.

1. St.Louis Rams QB Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame
2. Detroit DT Ndamukong Suh Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay WR Dez Bryant Oklahoma State
4. Washington S Eric Berry Tennessee
5. Kansas City DT Gerald McCoy Oklahoma
6. Seattle OT Russell Okung Oklahoma State
7. Cleveland DB Joe Haden Florida
8. Oakland S Taylor Mays USC
9. Buffalo OT Anthony Davis Rutgers
10. Denver (from Bears) ILB Rolando McClain Alabama

You seriously think the Raiders are going to take Taylor Mays???They already drafted a S last year in the 2nd....I think his name was Micheal Mitchell or something like that...... I thought they might take a chance on Bruce Cambell....But knowing Al he'll just go by combine #'s....Al should just get put out already....:rofl:.....

steelerdave1969
02-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Laugh if you wish, but Weird Al has done crazier things.
My 2nd 10 looks like this..

11. Jacksonville OT Bryan Bulaga Iowa
12. Miami RB C.J. Spiller Clemson
13. San Francisco OT Trent Williams Oklahoma
14. Seattle ( Denver) OG Mike Iupati Idaho
15. N.Y. Giants OLB Sergio Kindle Texas
16. Tennessee WR Golden Tate Notre Dame
17. San Francisco OT Vladimir Ducasse UMASS
18. Pittsburgh DB Patrick Robinson Florida State
19. Atlanta DE Derrick Morgan G.A. Tech
20. Houston TE Jermaine Gresham Oklahoma

steelerdave1969
02-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Wouldnt hurt my feelings at all to see the Steelers grab DB Kyle Wilson from Boise State either, but it might be a little too high to take him, maybe the Steelers could trade down and pick up more picks and still get Wilson. Just some thoughts for food I guess.

St33lersguy
02-02-2010, 05:33 PM
How does Vladamir Ducasse get a top 20 selection?

Northside Jonny
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Mays will go at 14 to Seattle and his old coach.

steelerdave1969
02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
How does Vladamir Ducasse get a top 20 selection?

He is an OT and most likely a Left side one at that, those are very valuable and the way the last few drafts have went there will be several selected in the 1st round again this april in my opinion. And besides Ducasse had a big Senior Bowl game and week and that will most likely propell him up. But these are yet again just my opinion.

Chidi29
02-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Why would the Rams take Clausen? First off, he's not a better prospect than Suh. Secondly, the team has taken a couple of defensive lineman high in the past few drfats (Carriker and Long) and you know that will continue to happen under Spags.

Secondly, Clausen isn't even a good fit. The Rams run the West Coast. If they really want to take a QB at #1, take Bradford.

steelerdave1969
02-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Chidi they will or would take Clausen over Bradford. Clausen will be the better pro in my opinion and Bradford only plays out of the shotgun style offense.. That doesnt translate well into the NFL. Clausen played in true Pro Offense at Notre Dame, that gives him the advantage to me. But these are just my opinions so take it as they are.

fat4jc
02-05-2010, 09:25 AM
walterfootball.com has Clausen going to the Rams as well. It's not a popular prediction, but I think the Rams def go QB in round 1...Bradford or Clausen...I'd tend to think they should trade down, get a few extra picks and still get one of the 2, after all, when you are the Rams, you need all the help you can get.

supa_fly_steeler
02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
ud pass earl thomas for patrick robinson.???? :P

whatever ur smoking pass it over musta be good :P

but yea i like patrick hes a lockdown corner.

jonslow
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
walterfootball.com has Clausen going to the Rams as well. It's not a popular prediction, but I think the Rams def go QB in round 1...Bradford or Clausen...I'd tend to think they should trade down, get a few extra picks and still get one of the 2, after all, when you are the Rams, you need all the help you can get.

I don't know... The Rams need so much help filling a lot of holes on the team. Their secondary is absolutely atrocious and they have one of the defenses in the league. One way to help in both rush defense and pass defense is to build up front. Suh is both an athletic run-stuffer and a great pass-rusher. Suh paired with Chris Long and a healthy Adam Carriker will put a lot of pressure on opposing quarterbacks and help out a really bad secondary.

Sure, the Rams need a quarterback pretty badly, but I don't see them using the #1 pick on the top quarterback in a mediocre quarterback class (at best). What people sometimes don't realize is how hard it is to trade out of the top 5. Not too many teams want to spend the kind of money that a Jake Long or Mario Williams demanded.

Aside from all that, Spagnuolo is a defensive-minded coach. He was the defensive coordinator for the Giants Superbowl team that got to Tom Brady all game long. He understands the importance of front-seven pressure and I just don't see the Rams passing on the best defensive tackle prospect in years.

To build from the ground up and turn a bad franchise around, you have to start in the trenches.

Just my $.02

jonslow
02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
He is an OT and most likely a Left side one at that, those are very valuable and the way the last few drafts have went there will be several selected in the 1st round again this april in my opinion. And besides Ducasse had a big Senior Bowl game and week and that will most likely propell him up. But these are yet again just my opinion.

I hate to disagree with you, but I was at the Senior Bowl practices all week (and at the game). Ducasse did not look very good at all, and I talked to several scouts who agree with me on that. His footwork was extremely sloppy and as much as his stock soared going into the week, it feel equally far after last week.

To me, Ducasse is looking like an interior lineman or a right tackle. He's a big body, but his lateral footwork is not very good. I was able to watch him do footwork drills almost every day at practice and comparatively, I saw a lot of guys that are better suited to play left tackle. He got beat several times by pass-rushing linebackers and ends because he can't move his feet very well.

I'm fairly certain he'll fall into the mid-second round and I'd be willing to bet he'll play guard in the NFL.

steelerdave1969
02-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Nice input everyone, I appreciate it. Some other players of interest that keeps popping up on NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN are these that they like very much and the ones that they said looked very good at Mobile AL.

LB's
Inside Donald Butler Washington
Outside Koa Misi Utah

OG John Jerry Ole Miss

RB's Kick Returners
Dexter McCluster Ole Miss
Joique Bell Wayne State

Aussie_steeler
02-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Nice input everyone, I appreciate it. Some other players of interest that keeps popping up on NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN are these that they like very much and the ones that they said looked very good at Mobile AL.

LB's
Inside Donald Butler Washington
Outside Koa Misi Utah

OG John Jerry Ole Miss

RB's Kick Returners
Dexter McCluster Ole Miss
Joique Bell Wayne State

Dont sleep on this guy - he is gonna be pretty good IMO

They are five solid picks to watch for sure