PDA

View Full Version : McCardell to the Skins

Northside Jonny
02-02-2010, 06:02 PM
NFL .com says the skins hired Keenan McCardell to be the WR's coach. How did the steelers miss out on this guy? You would have thought that coach Tomlin had the inside track on him seeing that he coached on the same team that McCardell played on. Would have liked to see him in the Burgh. Did they even interview him or talk? anyone anyone??? Bet you he makes a good coach.

tony hipchest
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
i agree he should be a fine coach.

par for the course, i guess. we coulda had experienced guys such as zorn at qb, april for the ST, a multitude of guys for o-line (such as tice).

kinda seems we are content going for the bottom of the bung tier guys.

Chidi29
02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm still wondering when we're going to hire a WRs coach.

Dylan
02-02-2010, 06:42 PM
didnt you hear?....we are interviewing Marvin Harrison :chuckle:

Northside Jonny
02-02-2010, 07:48 PM
When it comes to coaching are they looking for a specific type of guy or they just being to damn cheap?

Chidi29
02-02-2010, 07:57 PM
When it comes to coaching are they looking for a specific type of guy or they just being to damn cheap?

Money isn't an issue. It's not like assistants get paid that much, usually at least. Who knows what McCardell brought to the table; maybe they didn't think he would be a good coach.

Northside Jonny
02-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Money isn't an issue. It's not like assistants get paid that much, usually at least. Who knows what McCardell brought to the table; maybe they didn't think he would be a good coach.

At least could have brought him in 4 interview. Maybee he and Tomlin don't get along.

Galax Steeler
02-03-2010, 06:45 AM
They had to have a reason not to bring him in for a interview. They may have there eyes set on someone else. Hopefully they know what they are doing.

markymarc
02-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Who needs a WR coach. Just let Hines tutor everyone. I am surprised though that you haven't read anything about them interviewing anyone for this position yet.