PDA

View Full Version : Do we miss Anthony Smith?

supa_fly_steeler
02-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Personally i didn't mind the dude but i didnt like what he did below and juke infront of Dick Lebeau

sLTXH5ZNDwg

But we missed him on returns personally

MAfDif6vQ00

But again lol man i wish he just destroyed Brady

MAfDif6vQ00

Question, do we miss him?

Aussie_steeler
02-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Did we miss him as the FS he was drafted for? No

but I do think the chance was missed to try him out at SS.

If the bone was removed from his head I personally think he may have been the SS that could have pushed Tyrone Carter for playing time.

He's only got one person to blame for passing up that chance

Steelers>NFL
02-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Is he even playing in the NFL anymore?

T&B fan
02-04-2010, 08:39 AM

I don't think he is . Green Bay picked him up after we drop him . but I read some place that they let him go week 4 of the yr .
I had high hopes for him , but he was just not right in the head ..

RoethlisBURGHer
02-04-2010, 09:07 AM
We drafted him for to be Clark's replacement at FS, but he played more like a SS. I think he would have been a bigger upgrade at SS over Carter in the replacement of Polamalu last season. But I am also not sure how much of an upgrade he would have been, seeing how he was such a bonehead. With Smith, we would have still probably had that five game skid that essentially kept us out of the playoffs.

Also, seeing how he's not in the league currently and was released by the Packers during the season, it's obvious we don't miss him because nobody else wants him.

steelpride12
02-04-2010, 10:02 AM
The kid had potential and he got his shot for a back up roll with his excellent roll in the pre-season, but it seems other than a big mouth and hard hits he is nothing more than that. He doesn't seem to have a big target on his back in the NFL because he never really proved himself other than in the preseason against second string players.
I would say we don't miss him and you won't see him in a black and gold uniform again.

steelreserve
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
He was OK, but I don't know if he was worth the trouble. I seem to remember that he made a lot of big plays, but he also gambled and lost quite often. I don't think that style works too well when you've already got a wild card player at the other safety position, however good Troy may be.

However, I think he would've been a WAY better replacement for Troy this year than Carter was ... Carter's performance seemed the same amount of letdowns we'd have gotten from Smith, with none of the big plays.

Basically, he would've been nice to have in that situation, but I couldn't envision a regular role for him if the starters were healthy, which is why it's not worth the trouble.

OneForTheToe
02-04-2010, 11:28 AM
We miss what he should have been, not what he was.

devilsdancefloor
02-04-2010, 11:36 AM

yes jacksonville

SteelerFanInStl
02-04-2010, 12:01 PM
How could we possibly miss someone who was cut by the Rams? :sofunny:

Merchant
02-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't miss his 'guarantees' that's for sure.

Prok
02-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't miss his 'guarantees' that's for sure.

lol. Me either !

I think we miss not having a better CB on our roster more than another Safety that can't get on the field.

devilsdancefloor
02-04-2010, 12:30 PM

that way of thinking never think of dan krieder the same way again...

Chidi29
02-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't. As others have said, it's not that he was a bad player, but he had attitude problems and was never going to be a good compliment to Troy. You can't have too crazy aggressive safties back there which is why I'm glad we have, and hopefully re-sign, Clark. He's a hard hitter when he needs to be, but his ability to sit back in coverage is a huge asset. When that dropped off in Troy's absence and he tried to become "the guy", the whole secondary suffered.

Psyychoward86
02-04-2010, 05:03 PM

lolwat, when did this happen.

Steeldude
02-04-2010, 05:19 PM
the guy was a punk, nothing more. i was jumping up and down in joy when they got rid of this useless piece of junk. the guy was an immature, self-absorbed scumbag.

solardave
02-04-2010, 05:45 PM
We miss what he should have been, not what he was.

A big waste of talent!!

Psyychoward86
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't. As others have said, it's not that he was a bad player, but he had attitude problems

he was pretty mediocre. But omgz, look at those big hits :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
lolwat, when did this happen.

This season. The Rams picked him up and he was with them for 2 games and then was cut.

stillers4me
02-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Why would we miss him? He spent 3/4 of his career in Pittsburgh sitting on the bench.

Fire Haley
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Or sitting on the bench after causing endless penalties.

He was a hothead here

Galax Steeler
02-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Not missed here.:coffee:

markymarc
02-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Why would we miss Anthony Smith when we had TC :chuckle: I had high hopes for Anthony Smith and he had plenty of potential, but he was never going to do well. Another talented kid, but couldn't get the mental part down.