PDA

View Full Version : Who should / will get a bigger contract- Manning or Brady ?

Venom
02-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Both Peyton Manning's and Tom Brady's contract will be up . Before the lockout I see the teams signing them both to long term contracts . Who do you think will get a bigger contract. For some reason, I see Manning . I could see him getting a ballpark number like $15-$17 Million a year . Brady like $12 -$15 Million a year . What do you see happening ? :popcorn:

RoethlisBURGHer
02-04-2010, 09:15 AM
IMHO, Manning is the better quarterback. Both are future Hall of Fame busts waiting to be made.

Manning deserves the bigger contract. Without him, the Colts are lucky to win two games.

The 2008 season proved Tom Brady to be a system quarterback, because even Matt Cassel had success in the Patriots system. Brady could retire tomorrow and the Patriots would win at least 9 games in the 2010 season.

revefsreleets
02-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Peyton is the best QB in the league (Drew Brees is right there with him).

Brady is only top 10.

Manning by a mile.

devilsdancefloor
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
manning gets the bigger contract

steelreserve
02-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't really care, as long as they both sign contracts big enough that their teams have salary cap problems and start sliding into barely-making-the-playoffs territory as a result, then go straight to 4-12 for a decade when they retire.

steelerdave1969
02-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I would say Manning is who I would give my $$$ to, but thats just my opinion.

supa_fly_steeler
02-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Peyton Manning is gonna get a contract something like $120Million on some sources, if generous and a superbowl win he might get $140M.

Stupid ass gm the Colts will be nothing when Manning bye bye the game

Nadroj 20
02-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Im with the same repsonse as everyone else in thinking Manning deserves more bucks then Brady.....overall hes more valuable to his team, pats were still decent when brady went down.....however if the colts lose manning i dont see them winning 11 game like the pats did without tom.

SteelersMongol
02-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Manning far better because he didn't cheat 2 get his ring.

lionslicer
02-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Tom Brady makes around 6 million a year, he actually refused to be payed among the ranks of Manning and Ben, why? he said something about keeping the superbowl calibor team around him together...
Peyton thereby will get more :P

tony hipchest
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
this aint even a question... atleast it shouldnt be.

the owner of the colts spoke about it yesterday to reporters in miami-

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/02/colts-jim-irsay-peyton-manning-will-be-highest-paid-player-in-the-league/1

Colts' Jim Irsay: Peyton Manning will be 'highest-paid player in the league'

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Colts owner Jim Irsay said he is pursuing a contract extension for QB Peyton Manning that he expects will make the four-time MVP the richest player in the NFL.

"We know Peyton's going to be the highest-paid player in the league," Irsay said.

"It's something that'll get done. We'll be talking in the offseason."

fansince'76
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Tom Brady....actually refused to be payed among the ranks of Manning and Ben, why? he said something about keeping the superbowl calibor team around him together...

That's a crock - check out the #4 highest cap hit for a QB for 2009:

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playersbyposition.aspx?pos=144

Please don't buy into Disney Channel II's (AKA ESPN) bullshit knobslobbing hype about him being the "selfless Golden Boy who only cares about winning." :coffee: