PDA

View Full Version : I hate domes!!!!!

DoubleYoi
02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm a firm believer in the idea that the NFL should ban domes in any region that doesn't require them to keep their players alive and healthy (ie. Arizona, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta...etc). Tems like Minnesota, Detroit, and Indy should not be allowed to play in a temperature-controlled climate in at least half of the games on their schedule. If Green Bay can play on the frozen tundra, why can't Minnesota? If Chicago can brave the elements during the winter months, why can't Indy? It seems ridiculous to me that one of the widely regarded best offenses in history (99-01 Rams) played on that fast track in the 72-degree dome in St. Louis. I understand a lot of these building belong to the entire city and not just the NFL team that occupies it but the NFL has grown to be larger than life and owners should put up more of their own money to build outdoor stadiums instead of relying on taxpayer dollars to construct these weak domes.

Furthermore, how about having the SB held in a cold-weather climate every once in awhile? Heck, even once a decade would make me happy. We all saw the Colts/Bears SB being played in a driving rain which had the same kind of impact a moderate snow shower would've. The biggest game of the year can be decided by a coin toss in a sudden death period but a northern climate is forbidden to play any part in the game? Give me a break!

Weather has always been a part of the game and always should be.

SteelersinCA
02-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Probably because a super bowl in cold weather would suck for the people that actually go to the venue and spend money.

DoubleYoi
02-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Probably because a super bowl in cold weather would suck for the people that actually go to the venue and spend money.

The NFL will never do it because they won't get their corporate sponsors wearing suits and ties to sit in a 10-degree snowstorm. However, this might be just what the doctor ordered. It'd be nice to see the average fan filling the stadium again instead of these CEOs who are only there to represent their companies.