PDA

View Full Version : Tomlinson: 'I'm not coming back' to Chargers next season

supa_fly_steeler
02-04-2010, 04:34 PM
LaDainian Tomlinson told The San Diego Union-Tribune on Thursday what most people have speculated for months: He will not be a Charger next season.

“I’m not coming back,” said Tomlinson, who added that he believes the Chargers will release him. “… I’ve accepted it.”

Tomlinson is the franchise’s all-time leading rusher, but he just finished the least productive season of his nine-year NFL career (730 yards on 223 carries). Last offseason, he agreed to restructure the final three years of his contract and take a pay cut, but he told a San Diego radio station Monday that he won’t do that again.

Tomlinson said Thursday that leaving San Diego will bring “mixed emotions.”

“I’ve spent nine years of my life here, pretty much my youth,” he said. “I gave the organization everything I have. I enjoyed the community. But there is a part I won’t miss. The football part is fun. But the business part sucks. I won’t miss that.”

Tomlinson told The Union-Tribune that he might have his agent call the Chargers to speed up what he believes to be his inevitable release.

Tomlinson joined the Chargers in 2001 as a first-round draft pick out of TCU and has made five Pro Bowls in his nine NFL seasons. He ranks eighth on the league’s career rushing yards with 12,490 yards.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/04/tomlinson-im-not-coming-back-ive-accepted-it/

Indo
02-04-2010, 04:40 PM
A) I like Tomlinson---

2) How long until the "He will look good in Black & Gold for Vet Minimum " posts begin?
(I'll give it less than 48 hours---maybe even less than 24hrs)

Psyychoward86
02-04-2010, 04:52 PM
This has "Patriots next veteran back" written all over it.

supa_fly_steeler
02-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Meh i thought they would snatch up Willie Parker.

SMR
02-04-2010, 04:57 PM

ugh........:puke:

lionslicer
02-04-2010, 08:35 PM
This happened last year, he's not as good as he used to be, but he refuses to take a pay cut.
I can see him going to the raiders.

tony hipchest
02-04-2010, 08:59 PM
This has "Patriots next veteran back" written all over it.you may have just nailed it.

pats are in a quandry owing k. faulk a grip of money next year. he is much more used up than tomlinson. they can easilly dump faulk and f. taylor and pick up tomlinson for about the same money and instantly upgrade.

plus tomlinson would easilly have a shot to beat maroney for a starting spot.

brady-moss-tomlinson.

Psyychoward86
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM
you may have just nailed it.

pats are in a quandry owing k. faulk a grip of money next year. he is much more used up than tomlinson. they can easilly dump faulk and f. taylor and pick up tomlinson for about the same money and instantly upgrade.

brady-moss-tomlinson.

yup, Tomlinson for Faulk makes perfect sense. Brady always loves a good receiving back who can take a swing pass for a 1st down.

Parker..............i cant see it.

steelerdude15
02-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah, i see him or Willie as Pat next year... as much as I don't want Willie to leave.

The Patriot
02-04-2010, 11:05 PM

brady-moss-tomlinson.

Don't forget Tim Tebow as a slot-receiver.

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

tony hipchest
02-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Don't forget Tim Tebow as a slot-receiver.

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

thats right....

wes welker is done. completely forgot about that. :doh:

with tebow and bringing back d. stallworth (or perhaps TO) they should be pretty set at the skilled positions.

Galax Steeler
02-05-2010, 03:39 AM
Maybe Lt and Willie can find a home together they both will want to much money and they both want to start. They might be able to do the pony backfield together.:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2010, 11:05 AM
A) I like Tomlinson---

2) How long until the "He will look good in Black & Gold for Vet Minimum " posts begin?
(I'll give it less than 48 hours---maybe even less than 24hrs)

well it took less than 24 for the thread to appear in the steelers forum...:toofunny:

silver & black
02-05-2010, 03:58 PM
This happened last year, he's not as good as he used to be, but he refuses to take a pay cut.
I can see him going to the raiders.

I don't think so. Another RB isn't anything we need... we have plenty.

Godfather
02-06-2010, 09:30 PM

brady-moss-tomlinson.

I'm not sure about that. Faulk has always been used as a third down back while LT was a feature back for several years. Faulk probably has less mileage right now.