PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Rice: "I'm not the greatest receiver"

supa_fly_steeler
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Jerry Rice's competitiveness is legendary. That's why it wasn't a surprise to hear Rice, unprompted, bring up Terrell Owens' recent comments on the Dan Patrick Show.

"Dan, here's the thing. I'm not the greatest receiver. Terrell Owens is the greatest receiver," Rice said, tongue firmly planted in cheek. "That's what I heard. He made a statement saying that if he had Joe Montana and Steve Young, he'd probably be breaking my records now. So Terrell is the greatest receiver."

Rice denied that he was bothered by the talk. "I'm not really that surprised by it. I never played the game for the records. I played to win championships, and do great things with my teammates."

That was a subtle dig at T.O. This one was less subtle:

"I had some different quarterbacks, Matt Cavanaugh . . . It's all about how the wide receiver can complement the quarterback to make that person look better. Joe [Montana] told me I added five years to his career. ... It's all about making things a little easier for that other person."

Now that's something Terrell Owens has never been accused of.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/04/jerry-rice-im-not-the-greatest-receiver/

fansince'76
02-04-2010, 11:14 PM
T.O. isn't even fit to wash, let alone carry, Rice's jock.

supa_fly_steeler
02-05-2010, 04:50 AM
T.O is the scumbag of the league i hope i can watchin him twice a year getting jacked up by clark and polamalu.... hell i think even the ratbirds would take shots at him.... bounty hunters

Galax Steeler
02-05-2010, 05:14 AM
T.O wouldnt make a scab on Rices ass.:rofl:

Newzfoxjr
02-05-2010, 05:30 AM
I can just see this picture in my head of T.O. hearing this statement while at his house and just totally blowing up, talking nonsense. That guy has some hate issues.

LambertIsGod58
02-05-2010, 07:35 AM
You can hate T.O. for his locker room skills....but IMO his on the field skills undisputedly make him one of the best WR's of his era.

steelerdave1969
02-05-2010, 07:55 AM
You can hate T.O. for his locker room skills....but IMO his on the field skills undisputedly make him one of the best WR's of his era.

TO is nowhere near the best WR in this era. Marvin Harrison Randy Moss are both better just to name a couple. Terrell Owens and Chad Ochostinko are secret lovers. These 2 are 1 of a kind that never will accomplish anything close to what Jerry Rice, Randy Moss or Marvin Harrison or Tim Brown of the Raiders. I would take any of these guys over TO.

HometownGal
02-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Jerry Rice is an honorable man and a legend. Terrell Owens, though quite talented, is an arrogant titstick who has a five cent head.

http://www.thesportstruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/terrell-owens.jpg

BigBen'sSwagger
02-05-2010, 08:02 AM

I aint so sure he was such a great reciever. I watched him down here in Texas drop key passes left and right. If all you look at is stats then he may be a lock but in a clutch he was anything but a lock. His rookie year in san fran he dropped pass after pass and he never seemed to get past those drops in key games.

I was sad the cowpokes got rid of him he was such a major distraction. Hell they won their 1st playoff game in something like 16 years without him there. The team fell apart down the stretch last year thanks to T.O. so if you ask me his on field stats are not even close to overcoming what he will do to a team on the brink of prosperity.

I will say he took longer to explode in dallas than I thought but it did happen he just can't help himself when it comes to the ME factor.

Give me Hines and Championships over T.O. and stats any day.

Bng_Hevn
02-05-2010, 12:45 PM
It's all about money.

Run your yap + create controversy = more money.

Psyychoward86
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM
God dam you and your humble attitude Rice.