PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Start

steelerdave1969
02-05-2010, 08:12 AM
I think this would make for an awesome start to our 2010 Steelers Draft. Would you be as satisfied as me if we got these 2 players in the first 2 rounds? I would be loving it I believe.

Round 1
OG Mike Iupati from Idaho
-or-
DE Jared Odrick Penn State

Round 2
DB Kyle Wilson Boise State

mulldog24
02-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Yes! I like all 3 of those players.

RJ1670
02-05-2010, 09:53 AM
I doubt Wilson falls to us in the second.

jonslow
02-05-2010, 10:25 AM
I doubt Wilson falls to us in the second.

He probably will fall into the second, and I hope he does drop to #18. Haden, Robinson and Cox will most likely come off the board before him and this is such a deep defensive class, there's a chance he could fall to #18. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

SteelerNation12
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Sorry but OG aren't worth first rounders, let alone a top 20 pick. Unless he is a dominate force and I don't think Mike Iupati is that dominate. I would wanna trade down if we are going to pick him.

BKAnthem
02-07-2010, 06:59 PM
If the Steelers don't take Wilson @ 1, he won't be there in the second round....you don't pass on a shutdown corner when you need one

7willBheaven
02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
No to the round 1 options, fine with round 2.

steelerdave1969
02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
I know alot of this draft stuff depends on how the Steelers do on resigning their own players and maybe a free agent or 2 at the most. I dont see the Steelers making much noise in the free agent spree. But to resign Clark is very important in my opinion and we all seen what happened when we lost Chris Hope. In my opinion we took a step backwards after losing him. Its hard to tell who is gonna fall and who isnt, so I guess we will have to wait and see. I could ideally see the Steelers taking a DE or ILB at 18 as well. We need a replacement for Farrior who is getting up in age and Lawrence Timmons hasnt shown much to me in my opinion.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I think Iupati is a bit overhyped at this point. He seems to have all the tools, but looks like a rather unfinished product to me at this point. He looked great in practice all week in Mobile, but in the game he struggled a lot with Dan Williams and Geno Atkins. I think somebody takes him at the bottom of the 1st round.

Odrick on the other hand would be fine at #18, but I dont know if we will select a DE in the 1st round, when we already did pick one last year in Hood. Plus, we also have another DE prospect in Sunny Harris on the roster and Keisel with a new contract.

I think Wilson would be the better option at #18, or maybe take the best OT or NT on the board at that time.

Steely McSmash
02-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Odrick on the other hand would be fine at #18, but I dont know if we will select a DE in the 1st round, when we already did pick one last year in Hood. Plus, we also have another DE prospect in Sunny Harris on the roster and Keisel with a new contract.

Have to agree there unless Aaron Smith has issues but I believe he's coming along fine by all reports.

Odrick would be a good fit at Keisel's slot though. He's maybe stronger at getting into the backfield as opposed to stopping the run. To that end he probably hopes to end up a 3-technique 4-3DT.

BKAnthem
02-08-2010, 02:10 PM
1 - Kyle Wilson-CB Boise State or Patrick Robinson- CB Florida State

2-Maurkice Pouncey - C Florida or Bruce Campbell-OT Maryland

3-Daryl Washington -ILB TCU(He'll probably be gone but i can hope right?)

supa_fly_steeler
02-08-2010, 03:53 PM
you cant have a nice start without earl thomas if he gone kyle wilson or patrick robinson pweeze

steelerdude15
02-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Well its hard to say cause there are a few things that need fixed... I'd say maybe go for a defensive linemen or defensive back in the first round... of course this all depends on whats going to happen with the free agency this year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Well its hard to say cause there are a few things that need fixed... I'd say maybe go for a defensive linemen or defensive back in the first round... of course this all depends on whats going to happen with the free agency this year.

True, the more I think of it, they might opt not to deal with Hampton, but instead look to Dan Williams, Torel Troup or Cam Thomas as guys to platoon with Hoke for a season.

I can see them then giving Clark a contract and drafting a Safety in the 3rd like Morgan Burnett

BKAnthem
02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
a good d lineman can be had in later rounds...they need a corner opposite taylor.... all the good left and right tackles may be gone, so they also need a great guard who can take over a center with Hartwigs contract is up..and an ILB, cause Farrior looked a step slower and Timmons should be a safety cause he can cover but he's always out of position as an ILB...,.

pcriss2003
02-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I agree as well.

Texas vs. Nation game had some interesting players. Tynden? Holliday was an awsome KR and WR with beep beep speed!.....EJ Henderson flashed as a 4-3 end with explosion at 280lbs. although he probably fits a 4-3 scheme better.....I noticed that Bruce Mathews son was a center on one of the teams....