PDA

View Full Version : Sour grapes...AGAIN!

Milkman
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
I didn't get to post this sooner, but did anyone else hear e. george and s. alexander on espn radio yesterday (in the herd i believe) whining about how the refs cost the seasquawks a sb victory in SBXL?

It makes me sick to still hear these crybabies get to sulk on national airwaves.

On a better note, it still doesn't chnge the fact that the Steelers won and the seasquawks didn't LMAO! :tt04:

steelerchad
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Didn't hear it, but it does make you sick.
The funny part about it is the Seahawks did nothing all day to win that game. Yes, there were a couple of close calls, but even had they gotten the calls how would they have won. We were leading 21-10 and had the ball in their territory running out the clock at the end. That game really wasn't close.

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Yep, refs were responsible for the missed field goals, the dropped passes, the blown coverage on the reverse TD Pass, the blown defense on the 75 yard td run and the int thrown by Hassleback late in the game.

Yep, all the refs fault.

Suck the Egg Seahawks fans, the better Team won.

Nadroj 20
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
It take a real man to blame the refs after a lost....:rolleyes:

steelerdude15
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I like that the fact that no one talks about how well the Steelers played in the second half. I mean, it was over four years ago, let it go seriously. I personally get tired of hearing... and it's always from Raven fans at that...

SCSTILLER
02-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Didn't hear it, but one of my students is from Seattle and he is a Seahawks fan. He still claims we stole the SB by paying off the refs. Every Seahawk fan thinks that, but while they are whining we can glance towards our trophy case and see #5 sitting in there, right in between #4 and #6 and smile.

On a side note about my student. I edited my power point teaching aides with Steelers emblem here and there. It ticks him off and it is fun. Probably not conducive to learning, but I get a kick out of it.

Dino 6 Rings
wasn't Alexander the Running Back of the year too? didn't we pretty much shut him down the entire game. Then forced them into long field goals that they kept missing? Didn't we have an opportunity to basically go up like 17 but Ben short armed a ball into the corner of the endzone and they ran it back pretty far. If Ben throws that ball with some air under it, the game is a blow out.

SteelerFanInStl
Yep, refs were responsible for the missed field goals, the dropped passes, the blown coverage on the reverse TD Pass, the blown defense on the 75 yard td run and the int thrown by Hassleback late in the game.

Yep, all the refs fault.

Suck the Egg Seahawks fans, the better Team won.

Exactly. I get tired of the whining.

steelerdude15
02-05-2010, 12:59 PM
On a side note about my student. I edited my power point teaching aides with Steelers emblem here and there. It ticks him off and it is fun. Probably not conducive to learning, but I get a kick out of it.
That's awesome, whenever I do a presentation for a class, I do most of them in Steelers color... I just love what everyone says when I'm done haha.

scsteeler
02-05-2010, 12:59 PM
the Squeal Hawks had their chances and did not make the best of them. While the refs calls may have given them 7 more points at the most they lost plain and simple get over it because the game really should have been worse than it was scoring on the Steelers part. Cry all you want Seattle it is done and over with.

Had I played my numbers a year ago on the right date I would be a millionaire now that damn lottery should have known to get my numbers out on the day I played them.

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

fat4jc
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I hate to see people stuck on something that happened years ago, I mean look at us, we went ahead and won another Superbowl, what have they done?

RoethlisBURGHer
02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Last I checked, when a receiver fully extends his arm to create space between him and the defensive back, it's textbook offensive pass interference.

When an offensive lineman has his arm wrapped around the arm of a defensive player, especially from behind and is dragging that player to the ground, it's holding.

The only foul committed by the Seahawks that was a bad call was the one on Hasselbeck when he tackled Ike Taylor after he threw the interception.

But the refs didn't cause Townsend's sack on Hasselbeck, nor the great blocking a bad run defense on Willie's 75 yard TD run, nor the blown coverage on the trick play TD pass to Hines Ward.

Refs didn't cause the missed field goals, nor the dropped passes, nor Hasselbeck's interception.

The refs didn't cause Shaun Alexander (the league's MVP and then owner of the record for most TD's in a season) to be shut down by the Steelers defense all game.

Vincent
02-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Their "tailgating" involves a lot of white wine, Brie, and smoked salmon, all of which I love, but never associate with football.

supa_fly_steeler
02-05-2010, 02:04 PM
someone shoot shaun alexander, he cant play no more cus they couldnt fit a helmet on that fat ego head of his.

did i mention his ugly ass face is on madden cover, how embarrasing for that family

7SteelGal43
02-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Seahawk fans whining about the refs is easy to explain. They are quite liberal up in that neck of the woods and we all know the liberal philosophy does not allow for accepting personal responsibility for your own failures and shortcomings but rather encourages you to look outward for someone to point the finger at. Yep, textbook victim mentality. :chuckle:

solardave
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I like that the fact that no one talks about how well the Steelers played in the second half. I mean, it was over four years ago, let it go seriously. I personally get tired of hearing... and it's always from Raven fans at that...
Hey the Immaculate reception was over 30 years ago and The Raiders are still crying!!

MACH1
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/102677080_28cff1b92c.jpg

SteelMember
02-05-2010, 04:18 PM
What do you mean "AGAIN"?!?!

It's STILL!!

I think you can hear them mumbling in their sleep...

"It was the refs! It was the refs! They robbed us! Damn refs!"

fansince'76
02-05-2010, 07:14 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/crying_baby.jpg

BrandonCarr39
02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I didn't get to post this sooner, but did anyone else hear e. george and s. alexander on espn radio yesterday (in the herd i believe) whining about how the refs cost the seasquawks a sb victory in SBXL?

It makes me sick to still hear these crybabies get to sulk on national airwaves.

On a better note, it still doesn't chnge the fact that the Steelers won and the seasquawks didn't LMAO! :tt04:

I remember that year 2005 - Seahawks won a bunch of games they had no business otherwise. In the Dallas game - they got a ton of bad officiating calls going there way, including a PI call when one of their defenders dragged Jason Witten to the ground, and then the officials waved it of b/c supposedly, the defender "slipped in the rain". Subsequently, the Dallas K missed a chip shot, otherwise it would have been first and goal at the 1...when all was said and done, the score was 10-3 Dallas with 2 minutes to go, and the Hawks rallied to tie it with under a minute, then Drew Bledsoe threw a pick that put the Hawks in position to kick the winning FG. Otherwise, it would have been 13-3 Dallas with 2 minutes to go.

There were other games where they got lucky like this(i.e. the late season Giants game when the Giants K missed 3 FGs, including 2 in OT, and in the Redskins playoff game, Skins CB Carlos Rogers dropped an easy INT TD that made the difference in the game), but the Dallas game just turned around the PERSONALITY of their season. Otherwise, they would merely have been a 9-7 season.

The Hawks should have NOTHING to complain about - they had their golden opportunity, and they blew it.

SMR
02-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Seahawk fans whining about the refs is easy to explain. They are quite liberal up in that neck of the woods and we all know the liberal philosophy does not allow for accepting personal responsibility for your own failures and shortcomings but rather encourages you to look outward for someone to point the finger at. Yep, textbook victim mentality. :chuckle:

lol, exactly!

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Galax Steeler
02-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Let them cry they have nothing else to talk about.:crying01:

urgle burgle
02-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Last I checked, when a receiver fully extends his arm to create space between him and the defensive back, it's textbook offensive pass interference.

When an offensive lineman has his arm wrapped around the arm of a defensive player, especially from behind and is dragging that player to the ground, it's holding.

The only foul committed by the Seahawks that was a bad call was the one on Hasselbeck when he tackled Ike Taylor after he threw the interception.

But the refs didn't cause Townsend's sack on Hasselbeck, nor the great blocking a bad run defense on Willie's 75 yard TD run, nor the blown coverage on the trick play TD pass to Hines Ward.

Refs didn't cause the missed field goals, nor the dropped passes, nor Hasselbeck's interception.

The refs didn't cause Shaun Alexander (the league's MVP and then owner of the record for most TD's in a season) to be shut down by the Steelers defense all game.

you nailed all perinent points...i was going to throw all this out there but you beat me too it.....you take those plays, relook at them, and if they happened to the Squawks, they would bithch that they werent called...the penalties were obvious.
plus, would they have run away with the game so much, we wouldnt have run the 2 plays that sealed it. the 75 yrd run...the randle el pass? i seriously doubt it, the game would have still been close, and we wouldve done the same o game.

JHSilverback
02-07-2010, 12:10 AM

yea thats all I hear from ravens fans is "aww the refs are always on your side and that's the only reason why you win superbowls" and then I always love the classic excuse of why the ravens lose which is "the refs screwed us" :chuckle:

Milkman
02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
yea thats all I hear from ravens fans is "aww the refs are always on your side and that's the only reason why you win superbowls" and then I always love the classic excuse of why the ravens lose which is "the refs screwed us" :chuckle:

They all seem to forget when phil luckett screwed us on the coin flip in an OT game against the lions years ago..and it was blatant!

Edman
02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Who's Shaun Alexander? Or these "Seattle Seahawks" for that matter?

I can't recall anything about them. Something about a moose or something.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 06:38 PM
So, i watched the original broadcast from the 5 greatest game series of the SB's the Steelers won (of course I get it the season the Steelers win their sixth) and we had that game. First off, the refs were making fair calls, there were plenty of calls that were made of both teams. There were also some calls the refs missed when it came to the Hawks, dirty plays people dirty plays... Now the Darrell Jackson TD catch that was called back for the offensive pass interference is a pretty questionable and close call, but here's the thing, you can't push off a player like the way he did. Another call that was huge was of course Big Ben's rushing TD. Many argue that the ball didn't even make it, but here's the rule: the ball has to just touch the chalk for it be considered a TD, now, the nose of the ball barely touchdown the chalk while he was in the air which made it a TD. Even if we didn't score on that play and settled for a field goal and Jackson's TD counted, it would have been tied and who knows what could have happened. There were also plenty of mistakes made by the Seahawks that costed them the game. Shaun Alexander didn't really even do anything in that game. Another issue was, yes Ben didn't have a good game passing wise, but the thing is, a lot of the balls werent caught because of the WRs dropping them. The Seahawks kicker also missed two field goals which didn't help their cause. Our D shut their rushing attack down. The Steelers dominated the second half and the Seahawks had the first. IMO, the Seahawks made themselves lose that game and the Steelers picked up what they screwed up on and went with it. Everyone also forgets Willie's TD run... which is still a record.

Gnutella
02-07-2010, 08:08 PM

I refer to people who bitch about the refs as football liberals -- they refuse to take responsibility for their own shortcomings, and instead they blame it all on some external force so they can piss and moan about being "victims of injustice."

This goes for any neutral fan who cries "injustice" too.