PDA

View Full Version : Hitler's "Mein Kampf " Makes A Comeback...

SteelerEmpire
02-05-2010, 09:31 PM
???? LINK: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35261148/ns/world_news-europe/

revefsreleets
02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
ricardisimo?

Vincent
02-06-2010, 09:12 AM
ricardisimo?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

urgle burgle
02-06-2010, 09:46 AM
hah hah....sorry ric, dont take offense....
i need to go out and get a new copy of that great book....use it to beat my lib friends with..
ill where my che' t-shirt, and "fidel kicks your commies ass" hat.....

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2010, 02:39 PM
ricardisimo?.... lol...

SCSTILLER
02-06-2010, 02:41 PM
ricardisimo?

I almost spit my delicious India Pale Ale out through my nose.

On a more serious not though, I think this is good. I have been to Germany more times than I can count, I dated a German girl (I miss her), have several German friends, and as you can read have been somewhat immersed in the German culture. The Germans that I have run into have been told that Hitler is bad, Holocaust is bad, but none of the reasonings why it was all bad. Germany, from what I have come to understand, just wanted to completely forget their past. Tricky situation though, some will read Mein Kampf and realize that Hitler was the spawn of Satan (my opinion), but they could also have the problem of citizens "seeing where he was coming from." Either way, I do beleive that it is a good thing that the Germans get to read this for themselves and educate themselves on their past.

I will bet the Polizei has a record of everyone that buys it though. The UN will probably do the same. :chuckle:

ricardisimo
02-06-2010, 02:57 PM
ricardisimo?

Fascinating. Not only could I go through, line-by-line, and match Mein Kampf to an embarrassing number of posts by the Right Wing of SFF, but the SS would have had my anarchist ass up against the wall on Day One, while you good patriots would have been lining up to enlist the day after. Don't get me started.

Vincent
02-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Fascinating. Not only could I go through, line-by-line, and match Mein Kampf to an embarrassing number of posts by the Right Wing of SFF, but the SS would have had my anarchist ass up against the wall on Day One, while you good patriots would have been lining up to enlist the day after. Don't get me started.

No, no. Please start.

urgle burgle
02-06-2010, 03:20 PM
I almost spit my delicious India Pale Ale out through my nose.

On a more serious not though, I think this is good. I have been to Germany more times than I can count, I dated a German girl (I miss her), have several German friends, and as you can read have been somewhat immersed in the German culture. The Germans that I have run into have been told that Hitler is bad, Holocaust is bad, but none of the reasonings why it was all bad. Germany, from what I have come to understand, just wanted to completely forget their past. Tricky situation though, some will read Mein Kampf and realize that Hitler was the spawn of Satan (my opinion), but they could also have the problem of citizens "seeing where he was coming from." Either way, I do beleive that it is a good thing that the Germans get to read this for themselves and educate themselves on their past.

I will bet the Polizei has a record of everyone that buys it though. The UN will probably do the same. :chuckle:

this link covers just what you are referring too

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1758338679527790685&ei=U2owS5T7IYfCrQL59NWEDw&q=world+war+one+videos#docid=-314906531328011893

its very intersting....their are other parts of the documentary....all good stuff.
very interesting...

SCSTILLER
02-06-2010, 04:01 PM
this link covers just what you are referring too

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1758338679527790685&ei=U2owS5T7IYfCrQL59NWEDw&q=world+war+one+videos#docid=-314906531328011893

its very intersting....their are other parts of the documentary....all good stuff.
very interesting...

Dang Urgle, post some shorter video's, like, say around .0000000001 minutes. Just kidding, thanks for the link to the video, I will get to it as soon as I get some time.

urgle burgle
02-06-2010, 04:09 PM
yeah, sorry bout the length, but it was taking me forever to find a shorter snippet....lol
but enjoy...if you like it theres a couple more that cover some interesting things...

SCSTILLER
02-06-2010, 04:54 PM
yeah, sorry bout the length, but it was taking me forever to find a shorter snippet....lol
but enjoy...if you like it theres a couple more that cover some interesting things...

I will PM you if interested. Thanks again Burgle. By the way, do you prefer to be called "Urgle" or "Burgle"? :wink02::hug:

WH
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I used to have a sticker on the side of my PC that said ''Mein Compf''.

urgle burgle
02-06-2010, 05:24 PM
I will PM you if interested. Thanks again Burgle. By the way, do you prefer to be called "Urgle" or "Burgle"? :wink02::hug:

whichever floats your boat....as long as its not "late for dinner!!"

oh sorry....thats an old one....i crack myself up....:hatsoff:

GoSlash27
02-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Godwin'd in 1. :doh:

I think the Germans have inadvertently fueled their Neo-Nazi movement by banning that book. It just made Hitler seem like some kind of martyr; as if what he wrote is so powerful and so persuasive that anybody who reads it will instantly become a nazi. :noidea:

It's just a freakin' book. Not even a particularly good read. They need to spend more time thinkin' and less time feelin' IMO.

revefsreleets
02-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Yes. Anarchy is SUCH a high-brow and intellectual philosophy of politics to espouse.