PDA

View Full Version : Porter fires off again..

Pages : [1] 2

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Steeler fans must be proud.

Mod edit, I change your thread title because basically you're working on my last nerve.

syde18T
02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
It usually helps if you posted a link or some sort of reference to help back this statement up....

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 01:17 PM
:boxing: Syin that you can't wait to get a shot at someone. HMMMMM
That is whining, sound more like makin plans to whoop some A$$

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 01:18 PM
It usually helps if you posted a link or some sort of reference to help back this statement up....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmzxoIY2sjy0rxBcI0ZJuVs5nYcB?slug=ap-superbowl-madporter&prov=ap&type=lgns

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 01:20 PM
:boxing: Syin that you can't wait to get a shot at someone. HMMMMM
That is whining, sound more like makin plans to whoop some A$$

Talk is cheap. Steve Smith talked too.

tony hipchest
02-02-2006, 01:21 PM
you dont like porter too much do you?

he got stevens into trouble and holmgren sent him to bed with no dinner. now hes wearing a muzzle. holmgren and the team must have been livid. wow! what a distraction!

CASTEEL
02-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I see you're still trolling.....

It's amazing that even during the time when the Steelers played the freakin' Bengals, we didn't have as big of an idiot as you trolling this board. You should be proud, you've actually got less class than a Bungles fan.....

Moron......

HERE WE GO!!!

WWIIOwheelz
02-02-2006, 01:22 PM
He's just trying to get the panties of those who can't handle it bunched-up, is all. :)

No offense, mind you, but you seem a little "upset." LOL

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 01:22 PM

Yeah but Steve smith is not the steeler d.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 01:27 PM
He's just trying to get the panties of those who can't handle it bunched-up, is all. :)

Seems to me the only one who's got his panties in a bunch is Porter. Look how easy it was for Stevens to get him all riled up. Notice how Bettis didn't take offense? It's called "class"- Porter should have a cup.

And yeah- it upsets me to have to listen to the media take this clown seriously. Isn't there a game coming up this weekend we could focus on?

tony hipchest
02-02-2006, 01:27 PM

what? you wanna f--kin sb ring for beating steve smith? how bout a nice shiny trophy? screw steve smith.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 01:29 PM
what? you wanna f--kin sb ring for beating steve smith? how bout a nice shiny trophy? screw steve smith.

HE CAN'T BE STOPPED!!!

So, who on the Steelers can't we stop?

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Seems to me the only one who's got his panties in a bunch is Porter. Look how easy it was for Stevens to get him all riled up. Notice how Bettis didn't take offense? It's called "class"- Porter should have a cup.

And yeah- it upsets me to have to listen to the media take this clown seriously. Isn't there a game coming up this weekend we could focus on?

Yeah but that clown backs his words up. Ask Peyton and Jake. You are pretty dense:dang: think the last thing you want is someone like pORTER FIRED UP.

syde18T
02-02-2006, 01:30 PM

Then the option to NOT LISTEN is always a viable choice. Why even bring it back up if this bothers you that much?

BB2W
02-02-2006, 01:31 PM
I see PDX is still whining like a little girl...

Seahawks fans must be embarrassed

CASTEEL
02-02-2006, 01:32 PM

Nahh man, I'm not upset at all.
The problem with the written word is it can't convey the emotion behind the words.

My pointing out that he has less class than most of the opposing teams fans that we've dealt with this season is just conveying a fact.
This board has been a great place to come and talk football with intelligent people, and it amuses me when morons try to do just what you are accusing him of doing.

AND, there is a place on this board for trash talk, and the fact that he can't seem to figure that out just adds to the fact that he is a MORON!!! :getdown::getdown::getdown:

:sign01::sign08::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

HERE WE GO!!!

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Then the option to NOT LISTEN is always a viable choice. Why even bring it back up if this bothers you that much?

Yeah, I guess I could pay attention to something other than the game...if I was gay that is.

:busted:

WWIIOwheelz
02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
"Riled up?" Are you serious? You haven't seen anything even remotely like being riled up yet. Porter's just letting his opposition know what's coming their way on Sunday, and like I've said before, I don't envy them.

Just wait until before the beginning of the game, when he's walking up & down the 50 yd line yelling at the Seahawks. :D He does it before every game. It's a lot of fun to watch as a fan of smashmouth football, but I can understand how it might be upsetting to softer teams from baseball cities.

Justin Otstott
02-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Stevens is a bitch...lol it was so funny watching him today speak on about Porters comments.."no man I respect the Steelers and the BUS" lmao what a *****!!! One min he talks some trash and the next he is sweating and talking bout he respects us, come on...

syde18T
02-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I guess I could pay attention to something other than the game...if I was gay that is.

:busted:

Ok, you obviously didn't comprehend what was said, and way to show class with such a cheap shot. I was referring to the whole Joey Porter fiasco, not the upcoming game......

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Ok, you obviously didn't comprehend what was said, and way to show class with such a cheap shot. I was referring to the whole Joey Porter fiasco, not the upcoming game......

How can I avoid it? It's all the steeler homers in the media want to talk about.

thumb 2 come
Stevens is a bitch...lol it was so funny watching him today speak on about Porters comments.."no man I respect the Steelers and the BUS" lmao what a *****!!! One min he talks some trash and the next he is sweating and talking bout he respects us, come on...

I think Mikey must have put him over his knee and gave him a spankin. Then washed his mouth out with soap.:blurp:

bluemacaw2

why don't you shut your pie hole!!!!
you piece of crap eagles trash!!!errr sorry chickens.....

Stevens pretty much came out and guaranteed a Victory for Seahawks.....he was disrespecting the Bus and all......so stay on your own chickens Board and get the hell out of here

jbone19
02-02-2006, 01:42 PM
I see PDX is still whining like a little girl...

Seahawks fans must be embarrassed

:rofl:

CASTEEL
02-02-2006, 01:43 PM
I think Mikey must have put him over his knee and gave him a spankin. Then washed his mouth out with soap.:blurp:

Yeah....LOL... I love the reference to his kids at home.......:rofl: (see above linked article)

When the coach references his children when talking about his team...... :rofl:

HERE WE GO

ZornToLargent
02-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah but that clown backs his words up. Ask Peyton and Jake. You are pretty dense:dang: think the last thing you want is someone like pORTER FIRED UP.
I think it's funny as hell that he is that fired up over nothing. I love how he admitted he was sleeping before the comment by Stevens....well shit, it's too bad being in the SB wasn't enough to get him excited. Porter is a moron. If Porter is digging that low for useless motivation, then maybe he should re-evaluate his NFL career. Bring it Porter...you will be just as sad as the Bus when you walk off the field sans a trophy. The way Porter cried and whined about nothing is a joke and not the slightest bit intimidating.....just more things for everyone to laugh at. :sofunny:

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I think it's funny as hell that he is that fired up over nothing. I love how he admitted he was sleeping before the comment by Stevens....well shit, it's too bad being in the SB wasn't enough to get him excited. Porter is a moron. If Porter is digging that low for useless motivation, then maybe he should re-evaluate his NFL career. Bring it Porter...you will be just as sad as the Bus when you walk off the field sans a trophy. The way Porter cried and whined about nothing is a joke and not the slightest bit intimidating.....just more things for everyone to laugh at. :sofunny:

Yeah, What he said!!!

Zorn rules!!!

:cool:

CASTEEL
02-02-2006, 01:48 PM

Joey's admition to being asleep was about how he wasn't talking any crap..... Moron.

If you really think Joey needs some idiot seahawk's comments to get him going for the game, then you are indeed a moron. Apparantly you know nothing of Steelers football, nor Joey Porter.

HERE WE GO!!!

Justin Otstott
02-02-2006, 01:49 PM
PDX Please get his ____ out your mouth! :)

sector9
02-02-2006, 01:52 PM
The mind games have started and the Seahawks and their fans are out of their league.:sofunny:

WWIIOwheelz
02-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, in any case, we can all feel better about the situation now that it's behind us. The Seahawks called a special meeting about it yesterday, and they had a group therapy session where they all exchanged positive comments about themselves, their therapy partner, and the Steelers.

*sniff* Someone hand me a tissue

ZornToLargent
02-02-2006, 01:57 PM
The mind games have started and the Seahawks and their fans are out of their league.:sofunny:
I see the Steelers Nation on the defense with this one. Have fun reacting....while the Seahawks are all proacting. :sofunny:

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 01:58 PM

Porter did this before the Indianapolis game, and did it before the Denver game. Perhaps someone with your Seattle-intelligence could find a pattern here.

I'm not a professional athlete, so I am not going to sit back and lecture about what Porter should or shouldn't be saying. These guys are freaks of nature; no matter how much we like to THINK we know on message boards, there is no earthly way we can understand what it takes to play in the NFL or get ready for a game. Porter is a highly emotional, strong-hearted player who loves to talk trash. I will be the first to admit that I probably wouldn't like the guy a whole helluva lot if he wasn't a Steeler. But because he is, myself and every other Steeler fan will look for a rhyme and reason for what he does.

I think it's very logical to assume he's doing it to put that chip on his shoulder. It's the same chip Hasselbeck has been trying to put on his team's shoulder all week long. "They don't respect us. The media don't like us. No one believes in us" and so on. All it does is tries to provide a psychological edge which is crucial in big games.

And just so ya know, man, you don't want Joey Porter riled up. Look what he did to the Colts. He was waiting for his chance to explode and get in that crazy mental state where he believes anything said is an insult and that revs him up even more. Once again, we don't know what it takes to play this game professionally, so spare me the whole "if he needs that as motivation, he shouldn't be in this league" BS. It's so tired I am going to hibernate.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 02:00 PM
I see the Steelers Nation on the defense with this one. Have fun reacting....while the Seahawks are all proacting. :sofunny:

You'd think Bettis was a feeble old lady the way they feel compelled to "protect his honor".

CASTEEL
02-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, in any case, we can all feel better about the situation now that it's behind us. The Seahawks called a special meeting about it yesterday, and they had a group therapy session where they all exchanged positive comments about themselves, their therapy partner, and the Steelers.

*sniff* Someone hand me a tissue
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 02:03 PM
And just so ya know, man, you don't want Joey Porter riled up. Look what he did to the Colts. He was waiting for his chance to explode and get in that crazy mental state where he believes anything said is an insult and that revs him up even more.

Why can't he just get into this state on his own? Why does he have to convince himself he's the victim of a fictitious bully to get himself up for the Superbowl?

Does Bettis really need Porter standing up for him?

The Seahawks are cracking up over this stuff!

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 02:05 PM

Yeah, good point, man. This game will be decided solely on your ability to make stupid comments and have a giddy thrill out of people calling you out on it. I'll say it again, you don't want Joey Porter riled up, so Stevens more or less did Steelers fans a favor.

By the way, What's with the "Zorn" shoutout you got there? Do you ever find it sad that you are posting honoring the name of a quarterback no one else in the country would even remember when thinking about Seattle's mediocrity over the last....well, since they came into the league? Do you sport a Dave Kreig jersey too? Curt Warner, perhaps? Because when I think of the great QB/WR combos in the history of the game (Young to Rice, Manning to Harrison, Montana to Rice) I've never once considered Zorn to Largent. But now that I have, I've placed them right behind Favre to Driver, Mitchell to Moore and Green to Morton. Congratulations!

syde18T
02-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Why can't he just get into this state on his own? Why does he have to convince himself he's the victim of a fictitious bully to get himself up for the Superbowl?

Like many Steelers fan have explained already, he's a strongly emotional and passionate player, just like many other aggressive stars in the NFL. Porter running his mouth to the media should be nothing new to those who have been watching the NFL for a decent amount of time. It's hype, it's trash talk. The Steelers are probably the most physical, smashmouth football team in the league, and I don't think it's something Seattle and their fans are used to. Porter has always been Porter, no matter who the Steelers played.

WWIIOwheelz
02-02-2006, 02:07 PM
LOL... yeah, they're cracking up alright. Stevens was backpedaling faster than a dyslexic Lance Armstrong. By all means, fire up Joey Porter. Heeee!

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 02:08 PM
You'd think Bettis was a feeble old lady the way they feel compelled to "protect his honor".
Well, maybe if you guys ever HAD a player with the respect Bus carries, you'd understand. Seriously, JIM ZORN is one of the best players in the history of your franchise!! A guy who played in 140 games and threw 141 interceptions! We're embarrassed by Kordell Stewart...throw him to Seattle, they retire his jersey.

CASTEEL

How do you expect any of us to answer why Joey does what he does???
He does it because it works for him, maybe...I don't know.....who cares! It works for him!
Why do you insist of staying on the subject of Joey? Why do you convice yourself that you are now the Great Joey crusader???

Seems to me he's definatley getting to you......

HERE WE GO!!!

Kdcobainita
DONT TOUCH MY PORTER :sofunny: !!!

GO STEELERS KICK IN THE ASS OF THIS SAD SEAHAWK!!!!

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 02:11 PM
How do you expect any of us to answer why Joey does what he does???
He does it because he works for him, maybe...I don't know.....who cares! It works for him!
Why do you insist of staying on the subject of Joey? Why do you convice yourself that you are now the Great Joey crusader???

Seems to me he's definatley getting to you......

HERE WE GO!!!

Because Porter committed a Black-on-Black crime, and that offends me.

:busted: :busted: :busted: :busted:

ZornToLargent
02-02-2006, 02:11 PM
And just so ya know, man, you don't want Joey Porter riled up. Look what he did to the Colts.....
Ohhhh, we're so afraid. Save it!! Steve Smith did the same thing and it worked GREAT for him too....until he met the Seahawks.

I love how over rated the Colts team obviously was....but they are still used as a bench mark...a losing team. That's what is really funny. Manning is an average QB on an average team that peaked way too early in the season. Please...my side hurts from laughing so hard....stop using the Colts as a bench mark.
:sofunny:

sector9
02-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Did you see Joey today? Yes he does play defense but it is clear that he is just getting started on his offensive game plan. Your teams response should have been, it's just Joey being Joey...same as Cowers. But your guys got sucked in and now your all playing to Joey's beat.:dang:

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 02:13 PM

The Seahawks are? You mean the same team that needs their bald quarterback continually telling the media how underrated their team is, and how no one gave them a chance, and how they want the ball and they're gonna score (how'd that work out, by the way?) Are you seriously questioning the motivational ploys of the Steelers in this case? Pull your head out, man. As I said before, you're not a professional athlete. Don't think for one second you're able to comprehend the reasons behind how these guys are motivated. You have no clue.

And if anyone's laughing, it's Steelers fans at your comment comparing JERRAMY STEVENS to a bully. Bust first round draft picks don't often intimidate multiple pro bowl selections like Porter.

pilex
02-02-2006, 02:13 PM
I have to agree with the others points and maybe go a little further. Porter said it himself today..he just needed a reason to play with anger, not to play at top physical output. He just needed a reason to hate your asses and now he does. NEWSFLASH... you didn't want this. As far as the comments about the steelers homers in the news media... ANOTHER NEWSFLASH...their realists. Now back to the game, joey is getting our d so fired up, they will continue to show you chickenhawks and the rest of the world that we are on a different level when it comes to toughness, I would never wish injury on any player sept maybe Tom Brady (j/k), but when your players are winded and muscles are locking up you'll understand just like most of the nfl has this season. We will decimate the chickenhawks.

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Ohhhh, we're so afraid. Save it!! Steve Smith did the same thing and it worked GREAT for him too....until he met the Seahawks.

I love how over rated the Colts team obviously was....but they are still used as a bench mark...a losing team. That's what is really funny. Manning is an average QB on an average team that peaked way too early in the season. Please...my side hurts from laughing so hard....stop using the Colts as a bench mark.

Huge difference smith was there only offensive weapon. easy to double triple.
Go ahead double joey and see which of the other front seven is makin Matty eat dirt.

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 02:16 PM

Seattle blanketed Steve Smith with four defenders because Carolina had to pull a running back out of the crowd to play the second half. Jerry Rice wouldn't have been productive with that kind of situation. You run to set up the pass, and if you can't run, taking away the pass isn't going to be too tough.

Peyton Manning: A winner? No. Average? Absolutely not. I would figure a team that has been entrenched in quarterback mediocrity would be able to tell the difference between a Dave Krieg and a Peyton Manning. But one Pro Bowl quarterback who wouldn't even be playing in that game had he been in the AFC changes everything, I guess.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 02:17 PM
The Seahawks are? You mean the same team that needs their bald quarterback continually telling the media how underrated their team is, and how no one gave them a chance, and how they want the ball and they're gonna score (how'd that work out, by the way?) Are you seriously questioning the motivational ploys of the Steelers in this case? Pull your head out, man. As I said before, you're not a professional athlete. Don't think for one second you're able to comprehend the reasons behind how these guys are motivated. You have no clue.

And if anyone's laughing, it's Steelers fans at your comment comparing JERRAMY STEVENS to a bully. Bust first round draft picks don't often intimidate multiple pro bowl selections like Porter.

This from a fan of a team that chose to wear its away jerseys so they could keep playing the "no one believes in us!!" card, even though they're the favorites...

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Seattle blanketed Steve Smith with four defenders because Carolina had to pull a running back out of the crowd to play the second half. Jerry Rice wouldn't have been productive with that kind of situation. You run to set up the pass, and if you can't run, taking away the pass isn't going to be too tough.

Peyton Manning: A winner? No. Average? Absolutely not. I would figure a team that has been entrenched in quarterback mediocrity would be able to tell the difference between a Dave Krieg and a Peyton Manning. But one Pro Bowl quarterback who wouldn't even be playing in that game had he been in the AFC changes everything, I guess.

Find me a Seahawk fan who longs for the days of Dave Kreig and I'll show you a Broncos fan who's lying.

pilex
02-02-2006, 02:20 PM
"This from a fan of a team that chose to wear its away jerseys so they could keep playing the "no one believes in us!!" card, even though they're the favorites..."

UMMMM Were Da Good Guys...... GO STEELERS

syde18T
02-02-2006, 02:20 PM
This from a fan of a team that chose to wear its away jerseys so they could keep playing the "no one believes in us!!" card, even though they're the favorites...

I believe Cowher elected to wear the white jersies to represent that they have been road warriors, and all of their postseason success this year has been in the white jersies. Don't bring in the disrespect concept here. It's getting old.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 02:23 PM
I believe Cowher elected to wear the white jersies to represent that they have been road warriors, and all of their postseason success this year has been in the white jersies. Don't bring in the disrespect concept here. It's getting old.

I agree it's tired and old- but if anyone has the right to play it, it's the number one seed who no one is giving a chance to win.

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 02:24 PM
I agree it's tired and old- but if anyone has the right to play it, it's the number one seed who no one is giving a chance to win.

The one seed with a powder puff schedule.

ZornToLargent
Exactly...except that I don't think we are "playing" anything....it's just a matter of fact.

pattip
[QUOTE=PDX Hawk fan]Because Porter committed a Black-on-Black crime, and that offends me.

and now you're gonna drag in the comment made by the beagles qb about TO? can't you find anything original to talk about. Color doesn't matter - talent does and JP has more talent than then entire seachickens team! We didn't get this far on luck. Just because we were the 6th seed, don't think for one minute that this isn't going to be one of the best and hardest hitting games you will EVER see the Steeler's play! In the end you will find that you were out coached, out played and out of excuses why you didn't win. I think all of the rain in Seattle has really mushed up your little brain. They should have called the movie BRAINLESS in seattle. Go get some sleep!

:blah: :boxing:

pilex
02-02-2006, 02:25 PM

So let me get this straight your trashing the steelers because you guys aren't using the underdog card well enough???? that kida does sound tired and old....

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Find me a Seahawk fan who longs for the days of Dave Kreig and I'll show you a Broncos fan who's lying.

Ya know what's also really fun about teams that don't win anything? They build up their own rivalries with teams that don't feel the same way.

Denver has Oakland and Kansas City; you're not going to hear a whole lot of Broncos fans fired up about the old AFC West days with Seattle involved. Do you honestly think they care at all about Seattle? That's like the Browns right now claiming they have an intense rivalry with the Steelers despite the fact Cleveland hasn't defeated Pittsburgh in three seasons.

If Pittsburgh didn't just beat the Broncos, Denver fans wouldn't give two shits either way about Seattle winning a Super Bowl, which puts them on par with just about every other sports fan in this country.

syde18T
02-02-2006, 02:26 PM

You want to know something? Steelers are only 4 point favorites in Vegas. Considering the large fanbase in the nation, and the majority of the Super Bowl XL population being on the Steelers side, 4 points is considered to be oddly low. This a very even matchup. I think the Seahawks keep emphasizing disrespect because they are a #1 NFC seed, and the #6 AFC seed gets more attention.

ZornToLargent
02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
The one seed with a powder puff schedule.
Oh....your right...what are we doing here.....we should just not even play. We're so over our heads. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Dude, if you are holding on to that bit of false hope...portraying that you think it will be a cake walk for the Steelers....you are sorely misguided and blinded by the black and gold. This stat will just make your team look ever worse when we are standing on the podium accepting the Lombardi.

pilex
02-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh....your right...what are we doing here.....we should just not even play. We're so over our heads. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Dude, if you are holding on to that bit of false hope...portraying that you think it will be a cake walk for the Steelers....you are sorely misguided and blinded by the black and gold. This stat will just make your team look ever worse when we are standing on the podium accepting the Lombardi.

I don't think anyone is looking for a cakewalk, just that which scares seattle most, the most physical game they have ever seen, winner takes the prize.

Avoid Lloyd
02-02-2006, 02:32 PM

They are? Do you hang out with them? Are you a member of the Seahawks? How do you know they're cracking up?

When I saw Stevens talking about it he wasn't cracking up. In fact, he was tripping over himself trying to make peace.

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 02:39 PM
They are? Do you hang out with them? Are you a member of the Seahawks? How do you know they're cracking up?

When I saw Stevens talking about it he wasn't cracking up. In fact, he was tripping over himself trying to make peace.

stevens was crackin up when he was tryin to be all nice to us when he went to the podium today after daddy mike spanked him:sofunny:

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey, does any Steelers fan want to volunteer to be the guinea pig and change his/her name to "BristerToLipps" to see how ridiculously stupid it looks? This way, we can be JUST like that ZornToLargent guy! Gotta remember the below-average QB-to-WR combos in the history of the game!

ZornToLargent
02-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey, does any Steelers fan want to volunteer to be the guinea pig and change his/her name to "BristerToLipps" to see how ridiculously stupid it looks? This way, we can be JUST like that ZornToLargent guy! Gotta remember the below-average QB-to-WR combos in the history of the game!
So now you resort to attacking me personally? Damn, you must be scared.

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 02:59 PM

Wait, should I be afraid?? Is THE JIM ZORN playing under center Sunday?? NOT THE GREAT JIM ZORN!! Tell me quick, don't keep me in suspense!

ZornToLargent
02-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Wait, should I be afraid?? Is THE JIM ZORN playing under center Sunday?? NOT THE GREAT JIM ZORN!! Tell me quick, don't keep me in suspense!
What's your beef with me personally?

Zorn To Largent happens to be one of my very fist memory as a wee young lad. No, unlike the Steelers Nation, we are not counting on former player to win this game for us. Mainly because our greatest team in Seahawks history is the current team.

What are, 12 years old?

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:04 PM

No, but he'll likely be out there for the pre-game warm ups, since he's the QB coach and all...

Zorn smack- I LOVE it!!!

sector9
02-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Did your moma name you that or did you pick it yourself?:buttkick:
Luv ya
Joey

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 03:09 PM
What's your beef with me personally?

Zorn To Largent happens to be one of my very fist memory as a wee young lad. No, unlike the Steelers Nation, we are not counting on former player to win this game for us. Mainly because our greatest team in Seahawks history is the current team.

What are, 12 years old?

You just had made mention that I'm afraid of something, and I'm wondering if the Legendary Jim Zorn will rise like a phoenix from the ashes and dominate the "overrated" Steelers.

Touche on the former players comment though. I never bring up the Steelers of the 70s. I wasn't alive in that time. Can't take credit for a team I wasn't following. \

Tell me something, though. If you took Grant Wistrom out of those $10,000 Metrosexual suits, don't you think he would fit right in next to Mike Tice working in a garage somewhere?

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
No, but he'll likely be out there for the pre-game warm ups, since he's the QB coach and all...

Zorn smack- I LOVE it!!!

Was Zorn the QBs coach when Hasselbeck said he wanted the ball and he was going to score against the Packers? Cuz that was really cool...

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Was Zorn the QBs coach when Hasselbeck said he wanted the ball and he was going to score against the Packers? Cuz that was really cool...

Yep. But the receiver who ran the wrong route is long gone.

Personally, I'd rather have a confident QB than the kid Cowher has to hide from the media all week...

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Yep. But the receiver who ran the wrong route is long gone.

Personally, I'd rather have a confident QB than the kid Cowher has to hide from the media all week...

Yeah a kid who beat the 1,2, and 3 seed on the road.
TRY AGAIN:busted:

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:21 PM

Don't get me wrong- he's a great talent. But Cowher is clearly worried about the possible effects of the 2 week lay off and the media attention on him.

Hasselbeck's acting like a laid back rock star....I'm not worried about him being too tense.

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Whining??? Your team lit the fire! He turned up the HEAT!

Like a volcano, when its dorment, its fine.

But when Joey Porter erupts look out! Sunday Joey will back up his talk! And you will be history!

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:23 PM

Come to think of it, no- Zorn wasn't the QB coach then. Sorry.

WWIIOwheelz
02-02-2006, 03:23 PM
.... the same one who shows more poise than many 10 year veteran QBs. Man, I can almost hear this guy ticking.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
.... the same one who shows more poise than many 10 year veteran QBs. Man, I can almost hear this guy ticking.

So how is he demonstrating this "poise" this week? I've seen Bradshaw more than I've seen Ben....

Mosca
02-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Bwahaha, this is great!

Hey, MY CIVIC ROXXX! YOUR MUSTANG iS LAMEO!

dONT get me MAD or I'll argue with you over the INTERNET!

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Bwahaha, this is great!

Hey, MY CIVIC ROXXX! YOUR MUSTANG iS LAMEO!

dONT get me MAD or I'll argue with you over the INTERNET!

LOL!!!

Finally- a Steeler fan with some humor!

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 03:27 PM
So how is he demonstrating this "poise" this week? I've seen Bradshaw more than I've seen Ben....

HMMM maybe he is more concerned about tape and preperations than media hype:dang:

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Waaaaaaaaaaaa, Waaaaaaaaaa.
Charlie Porter Brown! Why is everybody always picking on me?
The biggest game he has to ever play and it takes a comment that didn`t even mean anything to get him going and awake? Get real and learn how to play the game and not cry about before and after. The Seahawks will wipe Porter off the field. They will test that loud mouth punk on the very first play and the very fist 6 points on that very first play will make history.

Porter and TO should make their own team and then maybe they will be happy. Oh but the problem with who will take the role of the man?

Good luck to the Seattle Seahawks. Love from the undying and true BLUE loyal fans from the Emerald city.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:29 PM
HMMM maybe he is more concerned about tape and preperations than media hype:dang:

So Porter and Bettis won't be ready this Sunday then?

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 03:31 PM
The biggest game he has to ever play and it takes a comment that didn`t even mean anything to get him going and awake? Get real and learn how to play the game and not cry about before and after. The Seahawks will wipe Porter off the field. They will test that loud mouth punk on the very first play and the very fist 6 points on that very first play will make history.

Porter and TO should make their own team and then maybe they will be happy. Oh but the problem with who will take the role of the man?

Good luck to the Seattle Seahawks. Love from the undying and true BLUE loyal fans from the Emerald city.

No! Big difference Joey runs his mouth then he beats people down. Here's a $1 go buy a clue:dang:

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 03:33 PM

Um...actually, Ben missed Monday of this week, and only six Steelers players were released to the media. But you're right. We all know how exposure to the media directly impacts a team's success. <AHEM>

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 03:33 PM
So Porter and Bettis won't be ready this Sunday then?

a.run the ball
b.get the qb and hit people
c.run the entire offense

pick which one takes more prep.

WWIIOwheelz
02-02-2006, 03:34 PM
I've watched every play of every game the kid's ever played in, and am a longtime football fan. I know poise when I see it, and I've had the pleasure of being positively mindblown by the things he can do. Trust me, I've seen a lot of bad quarterbacks in Pittsburgh, and by virtue of that, I know what they look and play like. Roethlisberger is a stark contrast to those leaders during the dark years.

It's the kid's first Superbowl, and he is only 23 years old. To not resemble a deer in the headlights is an accomplishment in and of itself. If you can't appreciate how talented he is, I'm not sure what to say. I'll tell you this, though--- he gets it done, and with amazingly few mistakes and consistency. We aren't used to putting points on the board like this in Pittsburgh, but it sure is nice! :)

However, the story of the Superbowl will be the defense of the Black & Gold. Bet on it.

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:35 PM

you pretenders know nothing, this is Joey Porter every week, and his talk motivates this team weekly. I understand that you don`t see that much of him up in the NW. After Sunday you will understand. You guys act as if your team isn`t afraid of Joey, yeah right!
Then you compare a team player like Porter, to Owens. I`m sorry I gave you credit for being somewhat smart. Keep Talking ! in 75 hours, you will never come back, unless its to eat crow.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:36 PM
No! Big difference Joey runs his mouth then he beats people down. Here's a $1 go buy a clue:dang:

Too bad for Steeler's fans that Stevens is like our 5th option.

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Porter whining all the way to a Steelers 27 seattle 10 victory!

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Keep Talking ! in 75 hours, you will never come back, unless its to eat crow.

That part is true, win or lose- I won't be back on this forum after Sunday.

I don't rub it in when we win.

MNsteelers

Not sure if your name makes you male or female, but either way, I find it baffling how you manage to compare TO to Porter, and wouldn't really know who would play the role of bitch between Holmgren and Hasselbeck, but you don't see me asking.

And did you realize Joey Porter is playing in his fifth Pro Bowl this year? I think he knows how to play the game. Shut up and learn the game, please.

clevestinks
You have alexander thats it. boy that scary! We`ve played three offenses better than your , the last three weeks alone!

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:39 PM

NFC is just the minor leagues, you haven`t seen a real NFL team until this week!

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 03:39 PM

No, that's a GOOD thing for the Steelers. Stevens wouldn't even BE an option for Pittsburgh.

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 03:40 PM
You have alexander thats it. boy that scary! We`ve played three offenses better than your , the last three weeks alone!

Oh but they are the number one scoring offense in the league*cough* padded stats of a week schedule but we should be scared

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Porter is all that is man....

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:42 PM

Weird- you played 3 offenses better than the #2 offense in the NFL over the past 3 weeks.

What country were you playing in?

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 03:44 PM

With the teams you guys have beaten this season, I don't know there is to rub in, exactly. "YEAH! TAKE THAT, RUNNING BACK-LESS CAROLINA! WE'LL TEACH YOU TO ONLY PLAY ONE SERIES, INDY!"

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Weird- you played 3 offenses better than the #2 offense in the NFL over the past 3 weeks.

What country were you playing in?

*cough* week azz schedule

PDX Hawk fan
With the teams you guys have beaten this season, I don't know there is to rub in, exactly. "YEAH! TAKE THAT, RUNNING BACK-LESS CAROLINA! WE'LL TEACH YOU TO ONLY PLAY ONE SERIES, INDY!"

I expect to hear similar criticisms after we beat Pittsburg ("oooh, you beat the 6th seed?!?!").

So be it.

SteelerFanInCA
The Seahawks are cracking up over this stuff?

How do you know dumb a s s? Are you hanging out with them?

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Once again, minor leagues, is the NFC. Wow you destroyed washington, geez beaver thats impressive!

Then carolina with only steve smith, and jake handing the ball to yinz. Wow now I`m scared.

Alexander is the one player that may be able to make a AFC team as a starter.

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM

Thanks but here in Seattle clues are free. So you have an excuse of why you don`t have one if they cost a buck where you are. I`d wish you luck, but with the tallent and skill of the Seahawks, luck won`t do you a bit of good.:sofunny:

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:48 PM
I expect to hear similar criticisms after we beat Pittsburg ("oooh, you beat the 6th seed?!?!").

So be it.
LOL that would be funny! But we are already winning this game. So try back some other time!

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks but here in Seattle clues are free. So you have an excuse of why you don`t have one if they cost a buck where you are. I`d wish you luck, but with the tallent and skill of the Seahawks, luck won`t do you a bit of good.:sofunny:

What in the hell are you talking about?

clevestinks
I`m am completley surprised by your fans! I really thought you guys knew your football! Steelers are the better team, Steelers are rolling over everyone! Steeelrs are winning this game! Its really pretty simple!

SteelerFanInCA
Wow, a real sea chick. I think this is the first female Seahawk fan that I've seen.

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Not sure if your name makes you male or female, but either way, I find it baffling how you manage to compare TO to Porter, and wouldn't really know who would play the role of bitch between Holmgren and Hasselbeck, but you don't see me asking.

And did you realize Joey Porter is playing in his fifth Pro Bowl this year? I think he knows how to play the game. Shut up and learn the game, please.

I hope the Steelers know what a football is better than you know a female name. It would be nice to atleast get a game out of someone this season.:blah:

pilex
Both teams are talented and skilled, I think we got some mojo yins aint got, that would be physicality. It's good the chickenhawks aren't talkin a lot of trash, so they don't have to eat a lot of crow. They won't have much of an appetite after we force feed em Ford Field turf and wash it down with a nice can of whoop-ass all day.

MNsteelers

So be it.

It's "Pittsburgh," do you guys realize that? Funny how we aren't spelling it "Seattl."

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Wow, a real sea chick. I think this is the first female Seahawk fan that I've seen.

Funny, 'cause I've yet to see anything BUT female Steeler fans thusfar...

:dang:

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 03:53 PM
I hope the Steelers know what a football is better than you know a female name. It would be nice to atleast get a game out of someone this season.:blah:

I think the name is for shawn's new bar down in the rainbow district of seattle

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:54 PM
It's "Pittsburgh," do you guys realize that? Funny how we aren't spelling it "Seattl."
Well some of us! I do have a thing for not spelling a teams city with a capital letter, just a superstition!

SteelerFanInCA
Don't you have a shirt to iron?

thumb 2 come

Go get yourself a starbucks latte pull out your blackberry and stfu

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 03:55 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?

I`m sorry did I use to big of words? I will try to keep them to one syllable.:dang:

SteelerFanInCA

It's difficult to see anything with your head up your a s s.

clevestinks

Wow now thats brutal, you are tough! We aren`t worthy enough to run smack with you!

Bring it anytime! Next year when we are defending our title, come back for some real smack

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I think the name is for shawn's new bar down in the rainbow district of seattle

This from a guy with the moniker "thumb to come".

Gross, dude.

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Don't you have a shirt to iron?

Yes I do. My Seahawks 24 Steelers 6 Super XL tshirt.:cool:

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:58 PM
It's difficult to see anything with your head up your a s s.
Hey I don`t think you can say a s s . There are some seattle children around! If they were real men , they would know that the Steelers are superior. Real men know football, and football is Black & Gold!

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 03:59 PM
This from a guy with the moniker "thumb to come".

Gross, dude.

:rofl:
You guys gotta admit that was pretty damn funny.

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Isn`t that one of the Home Shoping Club shirts that they shred after the game, when the team loses. While the Steelers shirts sell like hot cakes

Steve_Courson's_Liver
02-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I think this is going to be a major asswhoopin... The seahawks faced 2 physical teams on the road all year and lost to both (Jax and Wash). They faced a slumping Washington team that hung with them until the 4th Quarter and a beat to hell Carolina team with zero running game and Julius Peppers playing with one arm.

I see Seattle being overmatched and smothered. This is a team that would not even make the playoffs if they were in the AFC. This is a team that was 8-8 last year. The only way Seattle wins is if Pittsburgh implodes and has 4-5 turnovers. If turnovers are even, Pittsburgh wins by more than 10 easily.

SteelerFanInCA
02-02-2006, 04:01 PM
OK, I figured out that you are probably in the 4th grade. You finished your homework so your mommy is letting you play on the Internet for a little while. Don't let the iron get too hot.

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 04:04 PM
OK, I figured out that you are probably in the 4th grade. You finished your homework so your mommy is letting you play on the Internet for a little while. Don't let the iron get too hot.

Is that the best you have? Come on now, atleast make it an insult that wasn`t used on you in the 2nd grade.:bouncy:

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 04:07 PM
I`m sorry did I use to big of words? I will try to keep them to one syllable.:dang:

You can use all the "big" words you'd like, it's just more important to make sure they make sense when you're putting them together.

Here's an example of a sentence with "big" words that makes sense.
"Matt Hasselbeck and his West Coast Offense will sodomize themselves by the end of the third quarter."

Here's an example of a sentence with "small" words that makes as much sense as what you wrote:

"Hawks are the goodest team in foot ball. They will win the team they play."

I can give you some homework if you'd like. But in the meantime, why don't you get your blue/green talkin' bullshit out of here? You're making our heads hurt.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 04:07 PM

BAM!!!

augustashark
02-02-2006, 04:08 PM

Hey.....Leave her alone....Just becuase the easy bake oven is on the fritz and she has nothing else better to do does not make her a bad person. Post's with no substance maybe but not bad.

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA

Is that the best you have? Come on now, atleast make it an insult that wasn`t used on you in the 2nd grade.:bouncy:

So what you're saying, basically, is that he's using 4th grade insults, while the ones you use are more appropriate in 2nd grade?

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=Steve_Courson's_Liver]They faced a slumping Washington team QUOTE]

Actually they has the longest win streak in the NFL at the time.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 04:11 PM
The seahawks faced 2 physical teams on the road all year and lost to both (Jax and Wash).

Excellent point. Remind me how the Steelers did against those teams, braniac.

SteelerFanInCA
02-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA

So what you're saying, basically, is that he's using 4th grade insults, while the ones you use are more appropriate in 2nd grade?
Owned.

smashmouth
02-02-2006, 04:15 PM
I think the Hawks better watch out for the 3 big down guys before they worry about Porter.

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 04:15 PM

Yeah, I'd like to talk about that, actually. We didn't play Washington, but I'm sure you would have looked that up if you weren't just talking out of your ass. We did lose to Jacksonville, but I don't know how many teams would win a game in overtime when their quarterback turns the ball over twice in overtime and four times on the game. Beating a team with Tommy Maddox at quarterback isn't going to end with your fans rushing on the field in celebration. And strangely enough, it still took the 12-4 Jaguars four and a half quarters to win!

Nice point, though. Thanks for coming? Would you like to insult Ben Roethlisberger's favorite food next? Cuz that's relevant, too...<COUGH>

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I'd like to talk about that, actually. We didn't play Washington, but I'm sure you would have looked that up if you weren't just talking out of your ass. We did lose to Jacksonville, but I don't know how many teams would win a game in overtime when their quarterback turns the ball over twice in overtime and four times on the game. Beating a team with Tommy Maddox at quarterback isn't going to end with your fans rushing on the field in celebration. And strangely enough, it still took the 12-4 Jaguars four and a half quarters to win!

Nice point, though. Thanks for coming? Would you like to insult Ben Roethlisberger's favorite food next? Cuz that's relevant, too...<COUGH>
Ahh. Another invocation of the Bengal/Palmer defense...

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 04:19 PM

You played Washington in the preseason (before they were slumping and all)- and you lost, just as you lost to Jax. Weird- you have excuses for your losses. Who'd have thunk.

augustashark
02-02-2006, 04:22 PM
You played Washington in the preseason (before they were slumping and all)- and you lost, just as you lost to Jax. Weird- you have excuses for your losses. Who'd have thunk.

Preseason? Man your an idiot! If you can not give any better information then that then move on!

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Preseason? Man your an idiot! If you can not give any better information then that then move on!

Point being- the two teams you pointed to as proof we suck are two teams you didn't beat.
Pure genius.

BB2W
02-02-2006, 04:26 PM
That part is true, after we lose I won't be back on this forum after Sunday.
You better come back!!!

Let me guess... you'll be too busy drinking lattes, watching Will and Grace, and listening to your favorite Elton John album.

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 04:27 PM

Huge one for you! Woooo, Woooo, Woooo.

i-di-ot a 3 syllable and a small word all in one. It also can be the title of Porter`s auto-biography. That`s a book he writes about himself by the way.:boxing: Dig, Ding!

MNsteelers

LOL! WE LOST IN THE PRESEASON GUYS!!! HOW THE HELL DID WE MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL???

Seriously, though, I just do this in good fun and all, but that is, without question, the STUPIDEST post I've read on this site to date. :sofunny:

Steve_Courson's_Liver

They beat the hell out of Jacksonville all game as Tommy Maddox thre 3 int's. Did not play Washington. Your team got A$$pounded by them.

augustashark
02-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Point being- the two teams you pointed to as proof we suck are two teams you didn't beat.
Pure genius.

Does not matter! You need to either come up with some fresh material or move on! Your lame ass posts are a waste of time!

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Pure genius.

It was a preseason game, buddy! Why isn't that loss on our record if we didn't "beat" them? Seriously, you gotta come with more than that. Even your own fans are going to look down on you for this one.

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Huge one for you! Woooo, Woooo, Woooo.

i-di-ot a 3 syllable and a small word all in one. It also can be the title of Porter`s auto-biography. That`s a book he writes about himself by the way.:boxing: Dig, Ding!

Johnny Damon already has an autobiography titled "Idiot." Nice try, though. I hear the working title for Hasselbeck's is "I like small boys like Darryl Jackson."

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 04:31 PM
LOL! WE LOST IN THE PRESEASON GUYS!!! HOW THE HELL DID WE MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL???

Seriously, though, I just do this in good fun and all, but that is, without question, the STUPIDEST post I've read on this site to date. :sofunny:

I know what you mean. I ask myself that all the time. How the hell did the Steelers make it to the Superbowl? I know they sailed in on all of Porters hot air.:blurp:

syde18T
02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I know what you mean. I ask myself that all the time. How the hell did the Steelers make it to the Superbowl? I know they sailed in on all of Porters hot air.:blurp:

Someone hasn't watched much football....

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Someone hasn't watched much football....

I do watch a lot of Football, but only the good games.:chair:

SteelerFanInCA
02-02-2006, 04:37 PM
So you must have missed quite a bit of Seahawk games this year I take it.

syde18T
02-02-2006, 04:37 PM

Yeah that's been pretty obvious with you coming up with the statement that the Steelers sailed into the SB....

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 04:38 PM

OH SNAP! Porter's hot air! BRILLIANT! I'll tell ya what, though, no one really seemed to think Pittsburgh was going to make the Super Bowl. Funny how your entire fan base and your bald-headed coin-toss trash talking quarterback seems to want to think Seattle was the team no one thought should have made the Super Bowl.

So which is it? Porter's hot air, or Matt Hasselbeck's ability to suck-start a vacuum?

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah that's been pretty obvious with you coming up with the statement that the Steelers sailed into the SB....

They would have to sail in. They sure couldn`t have made it under their own power.:blah: :blah: :blah:

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 04:39 PM

HA! So you and PDX Hawk Fan get together for some hard-hittin' extremely important Seahawks preseason games? Bet it's a hoot! Which one of you idiot Seattle-ites brings the bong?

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 04:41 PM
They beat the hell out of Jacksonville all game as Tommy Maddox thre 3 int's. Did not play Washington. Your team got A$$pounded by them.

Yeah- we missed a field goal in regulation and they got one in overtime. Then we crushed them 3 weeks ago.

Time to find a new crutch.

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 04:41 PM
They would have to sail in. They sure couldn`t have made it under their own power.:blah: :blah: :blah:

Yeah, they outscored their opponents 86-52 in the playoffs. Just limped their shit in, man. Great analysis....

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 04:44 PM
If Porter is whining, then how come everyone on NFL Network, and ESPN, says after all the talk " Advantage Pittsburgh" They know that Porter is the emotional leader on this team, and everybody will walk the walk with Porter.

syde18T

You know it would probably benefit your fellow Hawks fans more if you just stopped posting, because you're fitting the current stereotype pretty well....

CowherLover
Do you have any clue at all what you're talking about? Nevermind, that seems to be a silly question considering the content of your posts. Go away loser! Come back when you gather a little bit of knowledge about what this forum concerns. It seems football is not your forte.

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Last second loss to JAx, with Maddox at QB wow,:dang:

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 04:45 PM
OH SNAP! Porter's hot air! BRILLIANT! I'll tell ya what, though, no one really seemed to think Pittsburgh was going to make the Super Bowl. Funny how your entire fan base and your bald-headed coin-toss trash talking quarterback seems to want to think Seattle was the team no one thought should have made the Super Bowl.

So which is it? Porter's hot air, or Matt Hasselbeck's ability to suck-start a vacuum?

You Steeler fans sure do think a lot about gay stuff. Men and little boys, sucking on vacuums, getting sodomized on the field. Is Pittsburgh taking over for San Frncisco?

Rice-a-roni the Pittsburgh steeelers treat. I guess it could work.:cheers:

syde18T
02-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Do you have any clue at all what you're talking about? Nevermind, that seems to be a silly question considering the content of your posts. Go away loser! Come back when you gather a little bit of knowledge about what this forum concerns. It seems football is not your forte.

I heard this girl on ESPN radio who thought the Colts were still in the playoffs. Maybe that's her.... :dang:

augustashark
02-02-2006, 04:46 PM

This is getting absurd! Don't you need to get back to the: It's shake and bake.....and I helped!!!!!!!!!!!

Princess, you have not had one post with any substance whatsoever! If you would like I could teach you how, just meet me in the blast furnance around say 5pm today!

Oh wait I forgot SAVED BY THE BELL is not over till 5:30!!! Sorry, make it 5:30!

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 04:47 PM
You Steeler fans sure do think a lot about gay stuff. Men and little boys, sucking on vacuums, getting sodomized on the field. Is Pittsburgh taking over for San Frncisco?

Rice-a-roni the Pittsburgh steeelers treat. I guess it could work.:cheers:

It's not our fault! You guys are the ones with Grant Wistrom walking around looking like he just went shopping with the Fab 5 from Queer Eye.

CowherLover
02-02-2006, 04:49 PM
It 's irritating when you get a stupid chick spewing nonsense because it doesn't represent all of us in a positive light. They'll be gone by 7:30 on Sunday anyway so it doesn't really matter I guess. Some of their male "fans" don't know squat either so I can take solace in that too I suppose.

BB2W
02-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Some of their male "fans" don't know squat either so I can take solace in that too I suppose.
They have male fans?... Anyone who walks around with an umbrella drinking lattes is no man.

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 04:53 PM
It 's irritating when you get a stupid chick spewing nonsense because it doesn't represent all of us in a positive light. They'll be gone by 7:30 on Sunday anyway so it doesn't really matter I guess. Some of their male "fans" don't know squat either so I can take solace in that too I suppose.
I couldn`t agree with you more COW. So if you have to spew, spew in this.:dang: :bouncy: :cool: :sofunny: :boxing: :busted: :rolleyes: :chair: :cheers: and :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

CowherLover
02-02-2006, 04:57 PM
I couldn`t agree with you more COW. So if you have to spew, spew in this.:dang: :bouncy: :cool: :sofunny: :boxing: :busted: :rolleyes: :chair: :cheers: and :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Yet another earth-shattering revelation made by an astute fan such as her "Princess". This is typically a forum where fans debate and exchange ideas and opinions on the sport,FYI. Since you seem to lack the intelligence or understanding of the game you need to just go away now. I believe someone said Saved by the Bell comes on in less than 5 minutes, you don't want to miss the beginning.

syde18T
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
God bless these forums for the entertainment I receive while bored at work...

TexaSteeler
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
17 pages in four hours? Impressive forum. Am I the only one working?

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 05:06 PM
17 pages in four hours? Impressive forum. Am I the only one working?

Can't say I was much today, man...But this is a rare week.

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 05:08 PM
They have male fans?... Anyone who walks around with an umbrella drinking lattes is no man.
http://www.starbuckseverywhere.net/Pittsburgh.htm

Yeah no latte drinkers in Pittsburgh according to that link.
And regarding the umbrella comment, from: http://www.nwsource.com/visitorsguide/climate.html

One of Seattle's oddest facts is that more pairs of sunglasses are sold there per capita than any other American city, yet umbrella and raincoat sales are no higher than other cities.
Umbrellas are how we know people are visitors from outside the northwest.

Something to consider as you struggle to come up with disparaging remarks while you sip on your latte that was pimped out to you by Seattle.

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
http://www.starbuckseverywhere.net/Pittsburgh.htm

Yeah no latte drinkers in Pittsburgh according to that link.
And regarding the umbrella comment, from: http://www.nwsource.com/visitorsguide/climate.html

Umbrellas are how we know people are visitors from outside the northwest.

Something to consider as you struggle to come up with disparaging remarks while you sip on your latte that was pimped out to you by Seattle.

Certainly doesn't need to be sunny to wear sunglasses, especially in a town as trendy as Seattle.

But yeah, you guys take civic pride in getting wet, congratulations. Kind of like Minnesota, it snows 22 inches in a night and they still work the next day. What does any of this have to do with the Super Bowl?

Princess Alexandreia
02-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Yet another earth-shattering revelation made by an astute fan such as her "Princess". This is typically a forum where fans debate and exchange ideas and opinions on the sport,FYI. Since you seem to lack the intelligence or understanding of the game you need to just go away now. I believe someone said Saved by the Bell comes on in less than 5 minutes, you don't want to miss the beginning.

Sorry I thought I was on the thread that was calling Porter a little girl and cry baby.
Wait I am on that thread you better check your map and find the thread you were talking about.:boxing:

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 05:17 PM
What does any of this have to do with the Super Bowl?
Excellent question. Ask your fellow Steeler fan.

syde18T
02-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Sorry I thought I was on the thread that was calling Porter a little girl and cry baby.
Wait I am on that thread you better check your map and find the thread you were talking about.:boxing:

Sorry I don't understand retardism....

BB2W
02-02-2006, 05:20 PM
I don't drink lattes, or carry an umbrella... something for you to consider while you watch your Richard Simmons videos, and struggle to deal with your cities image.

tony hipchest
02-02-2006, 05:29 PM

typical argument of this guy. ignoring the fact that ben has a game to play and bradshaw has been seen more than hasselbeck also. dan patrick has been seen more than them all.

its cause they have jobs to do. did you see bradshaw say he won 4 sb's cause he wasnt out media whoring. he was in his room waching tape and studying the opponent.

Conan
02-02-2006, 05:31 PM
I just hope that u guys have the balls to come back here and have a giant serving of crow. I care to make a wager with you, if the steelers lose i will personally start a thread hailing the hawks as long as you guys comeback and admit how truly wrong you were and how amazing the steelers are to have totally dominated the game for a whole 60 minutes

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 05:33 PM

Yeah, unfortunately, the thread has now turned into people seeing how truly stupid you really are.

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 05:34 PM
This is completely off the subject, I know, but my rating went from one star to two when I hit 50 posts. I also went from "draft prospect" to "water boy." Can I have my draft prospect job back?

syde18T
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
This is completely off the subject, I know, but my rating went from one star to two when I hit 50 posts. I also went from "draft prospect" to "water boy." Can I have my draft prospect job back?

Hey welcome to the club.... :dang:

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't drink lattes, or carry an umbrella...

Me niether. But who really cares?

something for you to consider while you watch your Richard Simmons videos, and struggle to deal with your cities image
Where is the struggle? Its a great place to live. You should visit. I'll loan you a good rain jacket.

blackngoldbaby
02-02-2006, 05:45 PM
BY THE WAY THANKS SEAHAWKS 4 MAKIN JOEY PORTER MAD!! BUT BAD PLAY ON UR PART!:blurp: JOEY PORTER WILL BE EVEN MORE PUMPED HILL BE READY 2 WOOP SOME CHICKENS!I KNOW I WOULDNT WANT 2 COME ACROSS JOEY PORTER IF I WAS A SEAHAWK!:boxing: LOL!

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I just hope that u guys have the balls to come back here and have a giant serving of crow. I care to make a wager with you, if the steelers lose i will personally start a thread hailing the hawks as long as you guys comeback and admit how truly wrong you were and how amazing the steelers are to have totally dominated the game for a whole 60 minutes

I'll be back even if the good guys lose.... No problem with the wager. Your forum has a pretty high respectful atmosphere quotient and good natured smack talking for having such a passionate fan base. There are surprisingly few total losers (any forum's anonimity seems to attract them). Props to the mods for creating that culture.

But if the Hawks win, I couldn't bring myself to gloat too much in your guys' house. It would be pretty devasting since a lot of you think its already been won.:boxing:

luvmysteelers
02-02-2006, 05:57 PM

The kids in Seattle must not have had school today, judging by the posts made today.
Where are the adult Seahawks fans?? There are some cool ones around, but not these clowns.
Hawk Believer, that was not directed at you.

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 06:00 PM
For some who don`t know!

If Cowher wanted Joey to shut up! Then Joey would shut up!
This is part of what is different about Cowher this season. Joey is Joey, and he will get his team plenty pumped up. Hell I was screaming at the TV all pumped up. This works for us! It may not work for you, but it works for us!

83-Steelers-43
02-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah and going by the Seabirdie's MB's, the birdies already won. Big deal.

The only difference, the conversation over there consists of knowledgable statements such as "Bettis sucks" and my personal favorite...... "Ben Roethlisberger's lack of experience and youth will be our downfall". I strongly believe a good majority just started following the birdies.

luvmysteelers
02-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Everyone has to have a dream, I suppose.

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 06:02 PM
I'll be back even if the good guys lose.... No problem with the wager. Your forum has a pretty high respectful atmosphere quotient and good natured smack talking for having such a passionate fan base. There are surprisingly few total losers (any forum's anonimity seems to attract them). Props to the mods for creating that culture.

But if the Hawks win, I couldn't bring myself to gloat too much in your guys' house. It would be pretty devasting since a lot of you think its already been won.:boxing:
I`m giveing rep points to a seahawks fan? Because I believe that he and one or two other who have joined us, are genuine! He knows football, is respectful, and loves his team. What more can you ask for?

Steelers 27- seattle 10

SteelerFanInCA
02-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Sorry I don't understand retardism....
I think what he is trying to say is that he doesn't speak "bimbo".

CASTEEL
02-02-2006, 06:09 PM

You are on that thread... a thread started by one of the other kiddy seahawk fans who is trolling this board and who doesn't know how to post trash talk in the correct place.....

In case you didn't see it either, and reading your moronic posts you didn't, there is a trash talking area on this site. It's called the Blast Funace. Go there to spew your childish crap......if you want to talk football, then say something intelligent and be respectful here!!!

What is it with these people??? I think we've only had one or two intelligent Seahawks fans....the rest seam pretty worthless.....

HERE WE GO!!!

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 06:10 PM

Hey, good stuff, Hawk Believer. Obviously you want your team to win, and I would totally understand gloatation (I think I invented a word) in the case Seattle does pull it off. You've been respectful defending your team on a visiting site, and while I really have no desire to see Seattle win the game, it'll be good for your franchise. In the spirit of good competition, let's just hope the game isn't decided by:
A.) a bad penalty at a crucial time
B.) a kicker missing a field goal

If these events happen in the same game and nullify each other a la Pittsburgh over Indianapolis 2006, all is forgiven.

What happened to my boy ZornToLargent anyway? Cuz I wouldn't be saying this to him.

GoHawks!
02-02-2006, 06:11 PM
I don't drink lattes, or carry an umbrella... something for you to consider while you watch your Richard Simmons videos, and struggle to deal with your cities image.

Cities image you say?

Unfortunately all that Pittsburgh has to hold on to is the Steelers. The city has nothing else going for it. Have I been there? Yes. McKees Rocks to be exact, I've toured the whole city while visiting my wife's family there. Yeah Yeah , I know....Mckees...

Seattle has a heck of a lot more going for it. I'll spare you the details cause I dont want any more people from PA moving here ;)

Hey shout out to my fellow Seattle fans, glad to see you all here. I'll be here all week, thank you! <bows>

Seattle 27 -Pittsburg 13

Rothlisberger will not play well under this pressure. He won't be able to figure out our D and fold. Thanks for playing, end of day, see ya next year....and.....

Party with the Lombardi in Seattle!

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Cities image you say?

Unfortunately all that Pittsburgh has to hold on to is the Steelers. The city has nothing else going for it. Have I been there? Yes. McKees Rocks to be exact, I've toured the whole city while visiting my wife's family there. Yeah Yeah , I know....Mckees...

Seattle has a heck of a lot more going for it. I'll spare you the details cause I dont want any more people from PA moving here ;)

Hey shout out to my fellow Seattle fans, glad to see you all here. I'll be here all week, thank you! <bows>

Seattle 27 Pittsburg 13

Rothlisberger will not play well under this pressure. he won't be able to figure out our D and fold. Thanks for playing, end of day, see ya next year....and.....

Party with the Lombardi in Seattle![
First off, seattle must have great drugs cause your dilusional!

Pittsburgh is one awesome city, with way for just the Steelers! A smarter person would know this. seattle? never been there, I`m sure its great, this week its just the seahawks i don`t like, not the city, not the people!

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
ANd Ben always play well under pressure! Thats his best trait! You will see Sunday, I will copt this post, and play it back for you after the game!

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Yeah and going by the Seabirdie's MB's, the birdies already won. Big deal.

The only difference, the conversation over there consists of knowledgable statements such as "Bettis sucks" and my personal favorite...... "Ben Roethlisberger's lack of experience and youth will be our downfall". I strongly believe a good majority just started following the birdies.
I could find plenty of vitriol like that over here as well. While comments like "[insert opponents name] Sucks" aren't my style, isn't that just part of the smack talking that fired up people engage in before a big game? Regarding Ben's statement, I could flip that on you and point to all the statements about the Hawks will crumble because they didn't play AFC teams. Both are valid theories and something that is fun to debate. Come Sunday, we'll see who was right.

And yeah, there are definately more people following the games now. But we've had a solid core of fans for the existance of our organization. Do you think there aren't 1 or 2 more Pittsburgh residents actively rooting for the Steelers right now than at week 1?

GoHawks!
02-02-2006, 06:20 PM
First off, seattle must have great drugs cause your dilusional!

Pittsburgh is one awesome city, with way for just the Steelers! A smarter person would know this. seattle? never been there, I`m sure its great, this week its just the seahawks i don`t like, not the city, not the people!

Have you ever been outside of PA, because it seems apparent that you don't have much experience to draw from. Dare to Compare against other cities? ...yikes!
Oh Don't get all huffy on me. I'm just 'jivvin you boy's, you'll need more humor in your life real soon, and I am just warming you up.

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 06:21 PM
How many more days? Three? Damn this will be interesting! LOL

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Have you ever been outside of PA, because it seems apparent that you don't have much experience to draw from. Dare to Compare against other cities? ...yikes!
Oh Don't get all huffy on me. I'm just 'jivvin you boy's, you'll need more humor in your life real soon, and I am just warming you up.
I don`t even live in P.A. anymore. Thanks!

Just because I haven`t been to seattle, that would mean I probably haven`t been out of P.A.?? Actually seattle was on my to go list, in the future, once the kids are grown, for now its beaches and sunshine, every year.

Just to let everyone know , we do have a BF.

This was supposed to be about Porter! Oh Well Go Steelers!

MNsteelers
02-02-2006, 06:37 PM
I don`t even live in P.A. anymore. Thanks!

Just because I haven`t been to seattle, that would mean I probably haven`t been out of P.A.?? Actually seattle was on my to go list, in the future, once the kids are grown, for now its beaches and sunshine, every year.

Just to let everyone know , we do have a BF.

This was supposed to be about Porter! Oh Well Go Steelers!

Joey Porter is actually a walking example of irony. I hate to say it, but it is funny, and interesting to think about.

He talks all game long and is widely regarded as one of the louder players in the league. He fought William Green before a game against the Browns and got tossed before the National Anthem, we've all heard that.

But let's not forget, this is a guy who was quietly minding his own business one night and got shot in the ass. Gotta make ya chuckle thinkin' about it. The biggest trash-talker in the game finally isn't talking, and he takes one through the Big Cheek.

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Joey Porter is actually a walking example of irony. I hate to say it, but it is funny, and interesting to think about.

He talks all game long and is widely regarded as one of the louder players in the league. He fought William Green before a game against the Browns and got tossed before the National Anthem, we've all heard that.

But let's not forget, this is a guy who was quietly minding his own business one night and got shot in the ass. Gotta make ya chuckle thinkin' about it. The biggest trash-talker in the game finally isn't talking, and he takes one through the Big Cheek.
Whats the abridged recap on how he got shot?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2006, 09:47 PM
PDX, you're really working on my last nerve here...

and just becuz I can because you post up like an ass, Im changing this thread title.

ngreene15
02-02-2006, 09:54 PM
PDX, you're really working on my last nerve here...

and just becuz I can because you post up like an ass, Im changing this thread title.

I think you shold use your power as a mod to give him the ...:buttkick:

Man_Of_Steel
02-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Sounds like there are some scared Hawks fans to me. They should be. Steelers are going to kick some ASS on Sunday!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I think you shold use your power as a mod to give him the ...:buttkick:

oh trust me man, he should feel lucky he's even still around here ! he'll get his soon enough.

SeahawksFan93
02-02-2006, 10:15 PM
I actually think this will fire the Seahawks more. Stevens didn't take a shot at anyones ability. Porter called Stevens out, and for that I think retribution will happen.

augustashark
02-02-2006, 10:56 PM
oh trust me man, he should feel lucky he's even still around here ! he'll get his soon enough.

I love it BRC....It's like when you were a kid riding in the car and your dad turns and looks at you and says: you wait till we get home!!! Crickets all the way home!:sofunny:

Da'Burgh
02-02-2006, 11:17 PM

You ****ing moron... you think the PANTHERS ARE GOOD?? Let's say they are actually good. Are they even close to the COLTS?! NO!! Can it jag off.

:banging: <---Joey before the game

Avoid Lloyd
02-02-2006, 11:52 PM
It's kind of sad that it has come down to all of this....

Tearing down the Pittsburgh steel industry? Saying people haven't been out of PA? Bringing up player's rap sheets?

Shouldn't this thread be in the blast furnace by now? I don't visit the blast furnace because I want to talk FOOTBALL, not trash talk on people.

This isn't talking football, this is saying a bunch of ridiculous crap that doesn't even make sense.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 01:13 AM
You will be seeing this image in your nightmares for years to come..

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060116pd_porter_reax01_fbnPJ_450.jpg

augustashark
02-03-2006, 01:15 AM
You will be seeing this image in your nightmares for years to come..

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060116pd_porter_reax01_fbnPJ_450.jpg

Just great BRC....I was just about to call it a night! and WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell it scared me....Now I'm up til at least 3am

Way to go!:sofunny:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Sorry man, I'll give ya some rep points though :laughing:

PDX Hawk fan
02-03-2006, 01:17 AM
LOL!!!

What pathetic little pee-town fan changed the title of my thread from "porter whines like a litte girl once again"?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 01:18 AM
I did assjack, if u scroll back to the first post, u'll see why.. pretty straighforward if u ask me..

Keep up the name calling and you'll be doing your posting on SF from a magical keyboard in never never land !

PDX Hawk fan
02-03-2006, 01:21 AM
I did assjack, if u scroll back to the first post, u'll see why.. pretty straighforward if u ask me..

Keep up the name calling and you'll be doing your posting on SF from a magical keyboard in never never land !

Is it any surprise your coach's name rhymes with COWARD?

You sad little punk- if I had a sad little retarded looking punk named Joey on my team, I'd try my best to hide it too...

augustashark
02-03-2006, 01:22 AM

Don't do it BRC, having this ass clown around gives us an out for our stress of waiting for two weeks for this game!

Not his fault that he hangs out at the ladies big and tall section of the mall!

Oh what the hell boot him if you want! Your the skipper!:sofunny:

PDX Hawk fan
02-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Don't do it BRC, having this ass clown around gives us an out for our stress of waiting for two weeks for this game!

Not his fault that he hangs out at the ladies big and tall section of the mall!

Oh what the hell boot him if you want! Your the skipper!:sofunny:

He already did it- because he's a pathetic cowherd!!!!

Enjoy this week, losers- it's the last you'll have for years to come!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 01:25 AM
The only reason he is sticking around shark is so we have someone to kick around after sunday.. trust me that is the only reason.. but he'll bitch out and wont show up anyways, people like him never have the balls to come back after the fact..

Is it any surprise your coach's name rhymes with COWARD?

You sad little punk- if I had a sad little retarded looking punk named Joey on my team, I'd try my best to hide it too...

We have a sad little punk ass here on SF named PDX hawk who for some ridiculous reason just wont STFU !

augustashark
02-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Is it any suprise that your screen name rhymes with preparation H!

You pain in the ass!

12th man
02-03-2006, 01:34 AM
I have a feeling there will be sadness throughout Pittsburg come Sunday night after Seahawks win Superbowl XL.. You can all come to Seattle and we will wipe your tears away

augustashark
02-03-2006, 01:35 AM
I have a feeling there will be sadness throughout Pittsburg come Sunday night after Seahawks win Superbowl XL.. You can all come to Seattle and we will wipe your tears away

I want to hear this:

Why and how will you win?

12th man
02-03-2006, 01:45 AM
First of all everyone has underestimated Seattle due to their first trip to the Superbowl, they say we had an easy schedule (which some games were easy for a good team like Seattle) you have MVP running back that will break through any defence "including Pittburg defence" and keep in mind Seattle won against the Redskins without Alexander, which shows proof Matt has the ability to make plays and create great offensive plays. I'll never doubt Steeler ability I just have a feeling when the clock ticks down to zero there will be many somber faces wearing black and gold.

BB2W
02-03-2006, 01:48 AM
I just have a feeling when the clock ticks down to zero there will be many somber faces wearing black and gold.
We are all in awww by your "feeling"... What will we do???

augustashark
02-03-2006, 01:51 AM
First of all everyone has underestimated Seattle due to their first trip to the Superbowl, they say we had an easy schedule (which some games were easy for a good team like Seattle) you have MVP running back that will break through any defence "including Pittburg defence" and keep in mind Seattle won against the Redskins without Alexander, which shows proof Matt has the ability to make plays and create great offensive plays. I'll never doubt Steeler ability I just have a feeling when the clock ticks down to zero there will be many somber faces wearing black and gold.

Well ok I guess!

I think Hasselbeck being able to make plays on the run and getting outside the pocket is something we have to be concerned with. I also think that due to your o-line being as good as they are, it is imparative that we slow down your running game. I also think that running on your D will not be a walk in the park due to the speed of your D. Indy has great speed on the D side and we did not run the ball that well!

There buddy I did it for you! If you need my help on a go forward basis my retainer is $1,000 and $250/hr.:sofunny:

12th man
02-03-2006, 02:00 AM
I also believe Matt has more experience and has the ability to handle blitz pressure. I have a feeling your star QB Roethlisberger will dump the ball right into Seattle hands once under pressure for at least 3 interceptions in Sundays game. Thats just my prediction!!

Good thing you have the dirty towel, it's gonna get messy!!

BB2W
02-03-2006, 02:04 AM
I have a feeling your star QB Roethlisberger will dump the ball right into Seattle hands once under pressure for at least 3 interceptions in Sundays game.
On a serious note... I had a "feeling" the Steelers were gonna kick their ass, but after hearing about your "feeling"... I'm starting to second guess myself. I hope our coaching staff has something in store for your "feelings".

bozz723
02-03-2006, 07:21 AM
Ok, The Steelers are better.

God is the only one that can win this game for Seattle, and if that happens I'm not gonna **** with God. So start praying Hawks fans.

thumb 2 come
02-03-2006, 08:06 AM
I also believe Matt has more experience and has the ability to handle blitz pressure. I have a feeling your star QB Roethlisberger will dump the ball right into Seattle hands once under pressure for at least 3 interceptions in Sundays game. Thats just my prediction!!

Good thing you have the dirty towel, it's gonna get messy!!

Have you seen Ben play wow what rock have you been under and don't give me that oh wo led the league in sacks. Guess what we were 5 behind you with a much tougher schedule. I wouls much rather face the seachicken defence in practice daily than the steel-d.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 08:15 AM

Next up folks, the next seattle fan who thinks their team is being dissed by the Steelers... cry me a river man; nobody is overlooking you except maybe some fans and some media.. so please dont post up like a couple other of your 'hawk friends and try and pull that disrespect card out on us to make yourself feel better.

Trust me man, if we can take teams like the texans, titans and clowns with the utmost seriousness before we beat them..then we are NOT disrespecting you so please get over yourself.

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Another Porter thread? What is this kid's fixation with Joey Porter? It's sort of scary and disturbing.

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 09:45 AM

Wow, this kid is amazing. Defence? Pittsburg? Matt has the ability to create plays... I am assuming you mean that Ben can't do this. Is this kid nuts, has he watched any football this season other than the Hawks. I guess if he was watching the Pittsburg game he may have been a little dissappointed. I think Alexander is a great back and all, and I won't take any credit away from him, but we'll see what happens on game day. And as far as your Matty goes, he hasn't faced pressure like this yet, so don't even go saying that he will be a great qb under pressure. I believe everyone was saying that about Peyton too, saying he is actually better against the blitz!!! :dang: :dang: :dang:

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah, What he said!!!

Zorn rules!!!

Are you guys retarded? Have you lived in a box? Have you ever played any sports? This is ridiculous, I should refrain from even posting, these people are morons. Have you never seen someone talk trash before? Porter's nature is to find stuff like that to dwell on. All athletes take motivation from different areas and one of Porter's biggest is he likes his coming from the opposition. Some of the greatest individual athletes in history in any sport have been huge trash talkers. If you get yourself all worried about what these guys are saying to one another maybe you should cool down a little.

Porter plays the game with great passion and he is soooo close to his team that when he hears something said about his teammates he sticks up for them. I think maybe you are confused about the feeling of comradery. This man would stand up for any of his teammates in a second and when he heard Stevens talking about Jerome it hit a personal note.

Find something else to whine about, or maybe better yet, just shut up and watch the football game.

BritishSteel
02-03-2006, 11:00 AM
you have MVP running back that will break through any defence "including Pittburg defence"

Like he did in Dallas? 61 yards on 31 carries wasn't it - 13 carries for under 3 yards? TD? Afraid not. Dallas play a half-decent 3-4 - certainly the best 3-4 you've faced so far this season. Emphasis on the 'so far'.

The Seahawks are gonna have to do a whole lot better than that against a 3-4 team several magnitudes better than Dallas's if you don't want to be facing a 17-21 point deficit in the 4th, as you will be if we stuff the Seahawks run as effectively as Dallas did.

I think it'll be closer than a lot of other Steelers fans do and Alexander is a fine back, but c'mon Dude, you'll have to do better than that.

PDX Hawk fan
02-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Like he did in Dallas? 61 yards on 31 carries wasn't it - 13 carries for under 3 yards? TD? Afraid not. Dallas play a half-decent 3-4 - certainly the best 3-4 you've faced so far this season. Emphasis on the 'so far'.

The Seahawks are gonna have to do a whole lot better than that against a 3-4 team several magnitudes better than Dallas's if you don't want to be facing a 17-21 point defecit in the 4th, as you will be if we stuff the Seahawks run as effectively as Dallas did.

I think it'll be closer than a lot of other Steelers fans do, but c'mon Dude, you'll have to do better than that.

Carolina and Pittsburgh are very similar teams. We heard this stuff about them too....

thumb 2 come
02-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Carolina and Pittsburgh are very similar teams. We heard this stuff about them too....

Carilina was one dimensional on offense(what offence they had) so there defense was on the field way to long and was not on par with the steel d to begin with so don't offer me this their alike crap.:sofunny:

PDX Hawk fan
02-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Carilina was one dimensional on offense(what offence they had) so there defense was on the field way to long and was not on par with the steel d to begin with so don't offer me this their alike crap.:sofunny:

That's not what we heard before the game.

So, what are all these offensive dimensions the Steelers have?

SteelerDan43
02-03-2006, 11:13 AM

Psst.... Hey Pittsburgh has an h on the end.... Spell it with me now.... P-I-T-T-S-B-U-R-G-H!

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
That's not what we heard before the game.

So, what are all these offensive dimensions the Steelers have?

are you kidding me, the more you open your mouth the worse you sound...

A tight end who is a blocker and a play maker... three really decent receivers, one of the top 3 - three receiver tandems in the nfl, maybe only behind the colts... Two running backs who can get the job done... A QB who is arguably the best quarterback in history at comparable points in their careers... Not to mention our good punt returning and your horrendous punt coverage... Dood, gimme a break.

thumb 2 come
02-03-2006, 11:20 AM

A tight end who is a blocker and a play maker... three really decent receivers, one of the top 3 - three receiver tandems in the nfl, maybe only behind the colts... Two running backs who can get the job done... A QB who is arguably the best quarterback in history at comparable points in their careers... Not to mention our good punt returning and your horrendous punt coverage... Dood, gimme a break.

not to mention one of the best o-lines in the game.
Underated FB in Kreider and yes he will take a shot and play.
An inspired future hall of famer who will have home field advantage literally and as Bryce said breaks DB's.
Any more questions

PDX Hawk fan
02-03-2006, 11:23 AM

Again, I heard all this about Carolina- Steve Smith is unstoppable, Jake Delhomme is the greatest playoff quarterback in history, they won't miss a beat with their running game...

Heard it all before.

Seattle hasn't lost a game that mattered since week 4- week after week I've been hearing why we can't win the next game.

thumb 2 come
02-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Again, I heard all this about Carolina- Steve Smith is unstoppable, Jake Delhomme is the greatest playoff quarterback in history, they won't miss a beat with their running game...

Heard it all before.

Seattle hasn't lost a game that mattered since week 4- week after week I've been hearing why we can't win the next game.

So have we since the loss to cincy so what's your point

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 11:27 AM

Heard it all before.

What running backs did carolina have? How was their defense? What other receivers do they have to fill the void. You shut down a bottom of the barrell running back, double cover one receiver, who is the only person who gets a ball on that team, don't have to worry about a great TE... And our O-Line is uncomaparable to Carolina's... And as mentioned, Danny Kreider, he is a wreckingball. Don't be so ignorant to listen to everything the tv broadcasters have to say, they are right about 35% of the time... Watch the game on your own....

BritishSteel
02-03-2006, 11:29 AM

Similar how? Are we down to our 4th string running back? Do you really think we're a one-dimensional offence that will spend 40 minutes plus off the field? If you do, Sunday's likely to be a real bad surprise.

Oh, and don't Carolina play 4-3?

Seahawks are a damn good team and like I say, I think it will be close, but I didn't say that the Seahawks couldn't win, just that who ever posted that Alexander can't be stopped was wrong. He was in Dallas. Doesn't mean it will happen Sunday, just that it can. And has.

PDX Hawk fan
02-03-2006, 11:31 AM
What running backs did carolina have? How was their defense? What other receivers do they have to fill the void. You shut down a bottom of the barrell running back, double cover one receiver, who is the only person who gets a ball on that team, don't have to worry about a great TE... And our O-Line is uncomaparable to Carolina's... And as mentioned, Danny Kreider, he is a wreckingball. Don't be so ignorant to listen to everything the tv broadcasters have to say, they are right about 35% of the time... Watch the game on your own....

Again- this is all after the fact. This isn't what we heard about them before the game.

I expect after we win on Sunday we'll be told it didn't count because the Steelers were only a sixth seed and were lacking in areas x,y,z...

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Scary.....lol.

thumb 2 come
02-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Again- this is all after the fact. This isn't what we heard about them before the game.

I expect after we win on Sunday we'll be told it didn't count because the Steelers were only a sixth seed and were lacking in areas x,y,z...

You r underdog crap is getting old you are in the superbowl and a lot of the experts outside of the berg are picking you to win.
Wow you are a tru idiot and make hawks fans look very dunmb
To much rain up there i guess.
you are a
http://us.st8.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/buyinprivate_1870_1312111

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM

STOP LIVING THROUGH THE MEDIA - FORM YOUR OWN OPINIONS

Who cares what the media has to say, honestly!!!!!

I don't care if the emdia said that Carolina should have been fine, no they shouldnt have... They played really good ball like half the season, the other half was not good... They have one receiver and their running backs were hurt...

this being said, do you think they were a great football team?????????