PDA

View Full Version : 365 Ways to cook chicken?

GBMelBlount
02-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Well friends, there are some very healthy and fit members on SteelersFever.

I would imagine Steelerstrength who is a world champion bodybuilder, Troysbaddawg who was recruited by Nebraska as a runningback, and Stlrtruck who has transformed himself from fluffy to fit (as seen in his recent pics :chuckle:) are all familiar with chicken as a good lean source of quality protein...

Anyway, I always just throw a few breasts in a pan with some oil and cook them. I have gotten so sick of eating chicken that I have actually been avoiding it to the detriment of my diet and workouts and have been recently shifting towards a diet consisting moreso of peanut butter and ho ho's, unfortunately.

So, I dusted off this old book we have called 365 ways to cook chicken and I am going to pick out a few new SIMPLE chicken recipes to try.

What I'd really like to know is what simple and healthy chicken recipes some of our other members like?

I would also love some ideas for a few quick and simple ways to cook rice and vegetables, etc...

Thanks guys!

Steelerstrength
02-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I had to laugh when I read your post, GB! I'll throw a few of my favorite recipes at you starting with an easy one.

Preheat the oven and set at 390 degrees.

After cleaning the chicken well (I have to admit that I hate touching uncooked chicked), and cutting any excess fat or tissue off, I place it in a large baking pan. Then soak in lemon juice! Lemon penetrates pretty well and keeps the chicken moist. Then I sprinkle paprika, enough to put a light coat on each entire piece. Then comes plenty of Krikland (Costco) Organic No-Salt Seasoning. (Onion, garlic, carrot, black pepper, red bell pepper, tomato granules, orange peel, parsley, bay leaves, thyme, basil, celery, lemon peel, oregano, mustard seed, cumin, marjoram, corlander, cayenne pepper, rosemary) By this time the chicken is completely covered in spices. Then bake at 390 degrees for 50 minutes.

When you remove the chicken set it down and cover with foil. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.

Chicken should be moist and full of flavor!

I cook at least 8-16 at once so I will have plenty for a few days.

Vincent
02-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Lots of recipes to send but I'll go with the simplest and healthiest - my own Italian BBQ chicken. I have not written it down and I "eyeball" everything, so these would be approximates...

8 boneless skinless chicken breasts

In a large mixing bowl for the marinade add...

1/2 cup EVOO
1/2 cup Balsamic - the better the better
1 cup water
1T granulated garlic
1T onion powder
1T crushed dried oregano
1T crushed dried Rosemary
1T Tony Chacheres's No Salt http://shop.tonychachere.com/saltfree-creole-seasoning-8-oz-p-21721.html
20 or so grinds of cracked pepper
Depending on how you grill add optionally 2T of liquid smoke or not.

Wisk until all ingredients are well blended. I tenderize the breasts by poking them a gagillion times with a pair of forks IN the marinade. This gets the marinade into the meat as well.

You can cover the bowl or put it in a gallon storage bag and refrigerate. The longer the marinate, the better, but go at least 4 hours.

Pour the marinade into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and reduce while you get the grill going. Grill em as you would any chicken and brush each side with the reduced marinade with each turn. You should get a nice dark caramelized finish.

We serve with rice pilaf - easy peezy - http://www.neareast.com/#products/ricepilaf this stuff is great and available in Wallyworld. Add your favorite veggies. I like sauteed broccoli florets with roasted red peppers, garlic in EVOO.

If you want to get a little more "Epicurean" but not too hoity toity, try this one. Still simple, healthy, and really good... http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/recipe_search/recipe_detail.asp?recipeID=71517

A similar favorite but decidedly less healthy is...

http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/3813

MACARONI GRILL'S SCALOPPINE di POLLO

Serves 10+
Submitted by Denver Rocky Mountain News

Ingredients:
Lemon Butter Sauce:
4 ounces lemon juice
2 ounces white wine
4 ounces heavy cream
1 pound (4 sticks) butter

6 to 8 (3-ounce) chicken breasts, pounded thin
Oil and butter for sauteing chicken
1/2 to 3/4 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, for
dredging
6 ounces pancetta, cooked
12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
12 ounces artichoke hearts, sliced
1 tablespoon capers
1 pound cappellini pasta, cooked
Chopped parsley, for garnish

Instructions:
To make the sauce: Heat the lemon juice and white wine in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce by one-third. Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (3 to 4 minutes). Slowly add butter until completely incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm.

To make chicken and pasta: Cook pasta and drain. Heat a small amount of oil and two tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Dredge chicken in flour and saute in pan, turning once, until brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and add to pan remaining ingredients. Heat until mushrooms soften and are cooked; add chicken back to pan.

To serve: Place cooked pasta on each plate. Add half of butter sauce to chicken mixture and toss. Taste and adjust, adding more sauce if needed. Place chicken mixture over pasta. Garnish with parsley. Alternately, mix pasta and chicken mixture together. Toss with butter sauce.

Polamalu Princess
02-06-2010, 04:55 PM
So my husband is trying to get me to cook again.:buttkick:

SCSTILLER
02-06-2010, 05:12 PM

Isn't that your job (sarcasm smiley really needed here, just yahkin your chains Princess :chuckle:).

Anyways GB, one simple chicken recipe that is extremely good. Go to a Whole Foods or a Farmers Market and look for a Mango Salsa. Not the kind for dipping, but the kind for cooking. Take two Chicken breasts, lather them up in the salsa, wrap in aluminum foil, and bake at 350 until done. Really simple, and tropically delicious. Figure out which side works best, we usually steam brocolli and mushrooms together and coat with olive oil and garlic. Simple meal and good for you.

SCSTILLER
02-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Isn't that your job (sarcasm smiley really needed here, just yahkin your chains Princess :chuckle:).

Anyways GB, one simple chicken recipe that is extremely good. Go to a Whole Foods or a Farmers Market and look for a Mango Salsa. Not the kind for dipping, but the kind for cooking. Take two Chicken breasts, lather them up in the salsa, wrap in aluminum foil, and bake at 350 until done. Really simple, and tropically delicious. Figure out which side works best, we usually steam brocolli and mushrooms together and coat with olive oil and garlic. Simple meal and good for you.

By the way, this recipe works excellent with Tillapia or Orange Ruffy (sp?) also. Thinking about trying it on Salmon also.

MACH1
02-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Shake N Bake. :chuckle:

Here's my kids favorite.
Get your self a pot of water and season it how you want to make a sort of broth. We usually just use a lil salt, pepper, lots of garlic (garlic fiend here), tiny bit a dill, and throw in couple chicken cubes. Boil the boneless chicken breasts in that till its done and pull it out to cool off enough to cut into small pieces. Bring the broth back to a boil and cook some egg noodles up in it. Throw the chicken pieces back in and you have chicken noodles.

Not to sure how egg noodles fit in your diet though. We use the No Yolk ones.

MACH1
02-06-2010, 05:38 PM

The beer ain't gonna get itself. :wink02:

hindes204
02-06-2010, 05:41 PM
I eat chicken breasts at least twice a day, so i have a million different ways to cook it. Like Stlrtruck, i decided to change the way i looked a few years ago. I went from 260 lbs, to 195, and went from being able to bench press 135, to being able to bench press over 300 lbs. It was a whole lifestyle change, and diet played a big role (along with going to the gym almost everyday for two years).

Anyway, enough babbling, heres a few of my favorite chicken recipies, most are insanely simple...i usually cook abt 10 lbs at a time (about 14 breasts)...thats usually gets me through the week

Im a big fan of McKormicks Grillmates chipoltle pepper marinade. Make marinade according to directions, and grill the chicken, its really good.

Chicken Shish Kabobs are a good way to mix your vegetables in with the protein you get from the chicken. Use some soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little bit of honey...marinade some chicken breast chunks in that for at least an hour. Put em on some skewers with your favorite vegetables and grill!

Also, if youre trying to do the health thing, try and stay away from white rice...whole grain brown rice is much better for you, and it tastes really good too

SCSTILLER
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Like Hindes said, Shish Kabobs are delicious and really healthy. A good marinade for Shish Kabobs is called Finadane suace (?) I beleive. it is a Thai recipe and very delicious. Not really unhealthy, but if you are watching that cholesterol number, stay away. Don't know the exact ingredients, but if you PM me I will get them to you.

stillers4me
02-06-2010, 09:18 PM
The beer ain't gonna get itself. :wink02:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/ono_whap.gif

MACH1
02-06-2010, 09:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/ono_whap.gif

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/27500/Rooster--27945.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny:

tony hipchest
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM
there are 2 products i constantly keep in stock in my fridge for my 2 favorite chicken recipes. i like them because they are quick, easy, and virtually no clean-up (plus i love to grill). i swear by them-

1. kikoman teriyaki baste and glaze
throw boneless/skinless breast on the grill. glaze the top with the teriyaki. sprinkle half an old leftover packet of red crushed peppers from pizza hut. flip and repeat on other side.

2. franks red hot buffalo wing sauce.
throw wing sections on grill. drizzle the red hot all over them straight from the bottle. flip and drizzle several times building up multiple layers of the cooked sauce. drizzle one final time after coming off grill.

i like a high flame on both to slightly burn and crisp the tips and ends and have some burnt sauce for flavor, yet still juicy on the inside.

for better wings, marinate them in newmans own oil and vinager, and add some butter to the red hot for the final coat.

for the better breast, add a minced clove of garlic, with the sprinkled peppers.

the best thing is this is the best buffalo wings, or chicken teriyaki i have ever had.

GBMelBlount
02-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Breasts?

stillers4me
02-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Breasts?
No. Whole chickens. :toofunny:

GBMelBlount
02-07-2010, 09:39 AM
No. Whole chickens. :toofunny:

I just wanted to make sure we were discussing breasts only.

This is a family friendly site you know...:wink02:

The other thing I was wondering is if everyone goes with boneless, skinless breasts. My wife cooked some bone in chicken breast recently and it was delicious..

Vincent
02-07-2010, 10:00 AM
And for that no-cal side, remember the Cream of Nothing...

-

-

-

-

-

-
http://obama-fail.com/images/CreamOfNothing.gif

Vincent
02-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Do you like Tandouri ? http://www.gitmocookbook.com/the-cookbook/

Steelerstrength
02-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Breasts?

Since this thread began on your quest for variety in chicken, as it pertains to fitness, I couldn't possibly believe it was anything other than chicken breasts.

Truth is, when I BBQ, I am known to cook up to 40 chicken breasts at once. Maybe it's because my operative word, for meals during the week, is convenience. (Although food to me is fuel, and I'm not going to put regular in my high octane engine) See I've got this sweet 4' grill in my backyard kitchen, with sink and fridge, and I love to kick back with a glass of good tequila while I BBQ!

Selfishly, I hope to see some "clean" recipes that would work for me as well! :yummy:

MACH1
02-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Since this thread began on your quest for variety in chicken, as it pertains to fitness, I couldn't possibly believe it was anything other than chicken breasts.

Truth is, when I BBQ, I am known to cook up to 40 chicken breasts at once. Maybe it's because my operative word, for meals during the week, is convenience. (Although food to me is fuel, and I'm not going to put regular in my high octane engine) See I've got this sweet 4' grill in my backyard kitchen, with sink and fridge, and I love to kick back with a glass of good tequila while I BBQ!

Selfishly, I hope to see some "clean" recipes that would work for me as well! :yummy:

What do you eat with your chicken? Side dish?

Steelerstrength
02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
What do you eat with your chicken? Side dish?

Let's talk macronutrients. (Protein, carbs, fats)

For meal #1 I'll have a large chicken breast, Coach's Oats (Steel cut oats) with either berries, banana, or a table spoon of Agave. (Agave is super low on the glycemic index. Much lower than honey or even an apple. This stuff burns super slow)

#2, 3, & 4, sometimes 5: Large chicken breast, 2 cups or more of Jasmine Rice with tomatoes or bell peppers or just Cholula, and/or half a large baked Yam (plain), or 3 small red-skinned potatoes.

Sometimes I add an avacado when I feel the need for some good fat, or substitute another bowl of Coach's Oats instead of rice.

Or, I chop the chicken breast and place it in at least 4 corn tortillas (usually La Tolteca brand because they do not add sugar or phosphoric acid-which robs your minerals) In my tacos I add sliced tomatoes, shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrots (my cheese substitute), and either some green or red salsa.

At various times I consume either Brown Rice Pasta, or Yellow Corn Pasta for my carbs. They taste great without the bloating of wheat, and are an awesome source of good energy! I usually add some organic pasta sauce for more flavor, and mix in the chopped chicken breast. :thumbsup:

There are so many other combos that I eat, depending on my energy, and bio-chemical demands. :thumbsup:

p.s. Because I ate so clean for my years of competition, I now have digestive intolerances for wheat gluten, dairy protein, and sometimes eggs. It's no problem at all because there are so many alternatives! However, if I want to eat cake I just pop an enzyme for gluten and one for dairy, and I don't usually get sick. (bloated and in the bathroom right away!)

HometownGal
02-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I eat a ton of chicken because of the protein content (and I don't like fish or seafood :yuck:). This is one of my fave chicken recipes and it's low fat and cal too. :thumbsup:

Ingredients you'll need:

4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2-3 pieces of low-fat string cheese cut in half
2 eggs beaten or 3/4 cup skim milk (I use Eggbeaters)
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine (I use I Can't Believe Its Not Butter)
1 cup dry white wine (I use either Sherry or White cooking wine)
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced

Preheat your oven to 350 deg. Pround chicken breasts thin (or buy the thin cut breasts). Wrap each breast around a piece of string cheese and secure with toothpick or just wrap tightly. Dip in egg or milk and coat well with bread crumbs. Place in casserole dish. Pour butter over chicken and bake for 30 minutes. Pour wine over chicken and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove after 30 minutes, sprinkle with mushrooms and bake for another 10 minutes or so. Absolutely delicious! I serve it with either whole wheat pasta or whole wheat rice and a veggie. :yummy:

GBMelBlount
02-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Well, my wife made something simple for starters. She cooked the chicken in mushroom soup and also made brown rice and broccoli. It is very simply and the chicken was quite moist. The mushroom soup was great on the rice as well.

I am rating it an 8.

Taste-wise I would rate it a 7+ but I am adding a point because it is so easy to make.

Hopefully as we try some of the other recipes I/we can rate them.

Thanks!

msafford
02-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Well, my wife made something simple for starters. She cooked the chicken in mushroom soup w/ brown and also made brown rice and broccoli. It is very simply and the chicken was quite moist. The mushroom soup makes was great on the rice as well.

I am rating it an 8.

Taste-wise I would rate it a 7+ but I am adding a point because it is so easy to make.

Thanks!

I'll piggy-back on this recipe as well. Put a cup of sour cream and a pack of dry onion soup mix in along with the mushroom soup and boneless chicken breasts. Cook it in the crock-pot for around 8 or so hours. it's AWESOME.

Polamalu Princess
02-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Well, my wife made something simple for starters. She cooked the chicken in mushroom soup and also made brown rice and broccoli. It is very simply and the chicken was quite moist. The mushroom soup was great on the rice as well.

I am rating it an 8.

Thanks!

:noidea:I cannot get a 10 to save my life...I guess you did not marry me for my cooking...:noidea:what was it then?:hug:

GBMelBlount
02-10-2010, 08:25 PM
:noidea:I cannot get a 10 to save my life...I guess you did not marry me for my cooking...:noidea:what was it then?:hug:

:naughty:

hindes204
02-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Let's talk macronutrients. (Protein, carbs, fats)

For meal #1 I'll have a large chicken breast, Coach's Oats (Steel cut oats) with either berries, banana, or a table spoon of Agave. (Agave is super low on the glycemic index. Much lower than honey or even an apple. This stuff burns super slow)

#2, 3, & 4, sometimes 5: Large chicken breast, 2 cups or more of Jasmine Rice with tomatoes or bell peppers or just Cholula, and/or half a large baked Yam (plain), or 3 small red-skinned potatoes.

Sometimes I add an avacado when I feel the need for some good fat, or substitute another bowl of Coach's Oats instead of rice.

Or, I chop the chicken breast and place it in at least 4 corn tortillas (usually La Tolteca brand because they do not add sugar or phosphoric acid-which robs your minerals) In my tacos I add sliced tomatoes, shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrots (my cheese substitute), and either some green or red salsa.

At various times I consume either Brown Rice Pasta, or Yellow Corn Pasta for my carbs. They taste great without the bloating of wheat, and are an awesome source of good energy! I usually add some organic pasta sauce for more flavor, and mix in the chopped chicken breast. :thumbsup:

There are so many other combos that I eat, depending on my energy, and bio-chemical demands. :thumbsup:

p.s. Because I ate so clean for my years of competition, I now have digestive intolerances for wheat gluten, dairy protein, and sometimes eggs. It's no problem at all because there are so many alternatives! However, if I want to eat cake I just pop an enzyme for gluten and one for dairy, and I don't usually get sick. (bloated and in the bathroom right away!)

i thought i was on bb.com for a minute, lol....my meals are relatively the same, except for the yam, i just cant stomach it. The rest of my diet is clean though. And Im not sure many people on here are gonna know what the hell youre talking about.

Steelerstrength
02-11-2010, 03:15 AM
i thought i was on bb.com for a minute, lol....my meals are relatively the same, except for the yam, i just cant stomach it. The rest of my diet is clean though. And Im not sure many people on here are gonna know what the hell youre talking about.

I hear ya! Just trying to share some healthy habits with friends!

Not to hijack this thread, my favorite way to cook chicken breasts is on the grill! I use lemon juice and my favorite BBQ sauce to marinate for at least 24 hours. I usually wrap some corn on the cob in foil and throw that on the grill too!

SCSTILLER
02-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Tried a new recipe Tuesday night for dinner. Forget where I found it but it was easy to make and relatively delicious.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Pound chicken breasts thin or buy thin breasts
Mix a can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese, and a tbsp of italian seasoning
Coat chix breasts in olive oil
put a spoonful of above mix on top of breasts and roll up and put toothpick in breasts to keep rolled
take some italian and cheese bread crumbs and coat the breasts
bake and enjoy

GBMelBlount
02-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I had to laugh when I read your post, GB! I'll throw a few of my favorite recipes at you starting with an easy one.

Preheat the oven and set at 390 degrees.

After cleaning the chicken well (I have to admit that I hate touching uncooked chicked), and cutting any excess fat or tissue off, I place it in a large baking pan. Then soak in lemon juice! Lemon penetrates pretty well and keeps the chicken moist. Then I sprinkle paprika, enough to put a light coat on each entire piece. Then comes plenty of Krikland (Costco) Organic No-Salt Seasoning. (Onion, garlic, carrot, black pepper, red bell pepper, tomato granules, orange peel, parsley, bay leaves, thyme, basil, celery, lemon peel, oregano, mustard seed, cumin, marjoram, corlander, cayenne pepper, rosemary) By this time the chicken is completely covered in spices. Then bake at 390 degrees for 50 minutes.

When you remove the chicken set it down and cover with foil. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.

Chicken should be moist and full of flavor!

Well D, my wife cooked this up this afternoon.

I am going to have it for dinner after my workout....it smells good.

I will let you know how it is in a bit...Thanks again!

GBMelBlount
02-13-2010, 07:13 PM
It was good D, I'd give it an 8+

The spices were delicious but most importantly it tasted a good bit different than any way we've cooked it before.

Steelerstrength
02-15-2010, 12:47 PM
It was good D, I'd give it an 8+

The spices were delicious but most importantly it tasted a good bit different than any way we've cooked it before.

I'm very glad that you enjoyed the recipe! The chicken can then be chopped or sliced and become a part of tacos or blended in with a salad, or any other carb. :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
02-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm very glad that you enjoyed the recipe! The chicken can then be chopped or sliced and become a part of tacos or blended in with a salad, or any other carb. :thumbsup:

That's a great idea D.

I'd love to find a healthy (and tasty) tortilla. I prefer those to hard tacos personally .

hindes204
02-15-2010, 09:27 PM
That's a great idea D.

I'd love to find a healthy (and tasty) tortilla. I prefer those to hard tacos personally .

Mission 96% Fat Free Heart Healthy Whole Wheat Tortillas are actually pretty good. They even added flaxseed oil to them so you get some Omega 3 fatty acids too. I use those ones for chicken fajitas and turkey tacos

mesaSteeler
02-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Well I am a hard core foodie and a fairly serious cook. The best recipe web site I know is www.epicurious.com. Here are the reasons.

1. It's free
2. It has literally thousands of superb recipes cooking anything you can imagine from Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines among other sources.
3. It has a excellent advanced search feature which allows you to search on just about any option you can think of.
4. You can sort the results of your search on options on criteria such as the number of forks, (the users of the site rate the recipes on how good they are), preparation time, healthy, and part of a menu.
5. The users of the site are very involved with the recipes and frequently rate and comment on them.

Here is one of the many chicken recipes from the site.

Chicken in Riesling
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-in-Riesling-241725

or perhaps

Chicken with Herbed Vegetable Sauce
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-with-Herbed-Vegetable-Sauce-101593

Buon Appetito!

Vincent
02-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Well I am a hard core foodie and a fairly serious cook. The best recipe web site I know is www.epicurious.com. Here are the reasons.

1. It's free
2. It has literally thousands of superb recipes cooking anything you can imagine from Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines among other sources.
3. It has a excellent advanced search feature which allows you to search on just about any option you can think of.
4. You can sort the results of your search on options on criteria such as the number of forks, (the users of the site rate the recipes on how good they are), preparation time, healthy, and part of a menu.
5. The users of the site are very involved with the recipes and frequently rate and comment on them.

Here is one of the many chicken recipes from the site.

Chicken in Riesling
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-in-Riesling-241725

or perhaps

Chicken with Herbed Vegetable Sauce
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-with-Herbed-Vegetable-Sauce-101593

Buon Appetito!

I will second this. Best recipe site on the planet. Great post Mesa!!

My test for an Italian restaurant is Chicken Piccata. Its a very simple dish that if prepared correctly is superb. That's the test. Most blow it. If you follow this recipe, you'll have an impressive dish. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Piccata-5154 Goes well with grilled asparagus and a Sauvignon Blanc.

Polamalu Princess
02-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks everyone! I have to say that all I have been doing is cooking chicken - GB is going to start clucking soon!!:egg:

mesaSteeler
02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
I will second this. Best recipe site on the planet. Great post Mesa!!

My test for an Italian restaurant is Chicken Piccata. Its a very simple dish that if prepared correctly is superb. That's the test. Most blow it. If you follow this recipe, you'll have an impressive dish. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Piccata-5154 Goes well with grilled asparagus and a Sauvignon Blanc.

Here's another website I found while searching for some swordfish recipes. It has some good fish recipes on it though they may not be for a beginning cook.

Steffen's Dinners - Recipes and Photos
http://www.steffensdinners.com/

hindes204
02-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Here's another website I found while searching for some swordfish recipes. It has some good fish recipes on it though they may not be for a beginning cook.

Steffen's Dinners - Recipes and Photos
http://www.steffensdinners.com/

I watch a lot of Food Network....I absolutely love to cook. It's my wifes birthday tomorrow and Im making her some grilled salmon w/chipotle ponzu sauce and grilled asparegus

anyway, back to the chicken. Here's an easy one

1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Dump it all in a crockpot, cook on low for about 5 hours....pour over egg noodles

I don't eat it anymore due to my strict diet, but I remember it tasting pretty good