PDA

View Full Version : To My Steelersfever Family

Preacher
02-07-2010, 12:28 AM
(mods, I put it here for all to see, as it is to the entire board, but please move it as needed).

Its good to see all of you. I wanted to take a few minutes and explain why I haven't been around for the last month.

To put it bluntly, I have gotten very tired of the arguing, bickering, twisting of words, etc., that has taken over this board. Even more so, I have been quite upset at myself for becoming a part of it. As a person that represents my faith, it is simply something I should not be a part of. However, I am still a typical human being...

To that point, I have stayed away for about a month and have thoroughly enjoyed the breath of fresh air. I was able to read about Arians being rehired, two defensive guys being interviewed for other jobs, a ST coord. being hired, etc. etc. without wondering who was going to say what against whom on this board. In short, my Steelers fandom has been more enjoyable over the last month than it has in the last year and a half. Since I live so far away, this board was my main source for Steelers football. Sadly, it really jaded me to this wonderful team.

So I continue to take my break. I will be lurking here off and on (and for the next couple of days, paying attention to this thread to respond to anyone who wants clarification).

But please don't get me wrong. This is neither a "Dear John" letter begging for everyone to tell me they want me to stay, nor a "woe is me" letter hoping for people to fall all over themselves apologizing for mythical wrongs done.

It is simply a post sharing how I feel, and a moment for me to apologize to many of you here whom I acted wrongly towards... even if you didn't realize or know it. I know the tone of my posts, and they do not comport with who I am as a person.

Sorry to everyone who those posts were directed to.

except LLT! :chuckle:

tony hipchest
02-07-2010, 01:15 AM
good to see you too, preach... :cheers:

...especially on superbowl's eve. just too bad its not our steelers in it.

Galax Steeler
02-07-2010, 07:47 AM
It's good to have you back Preacher I enjoy reading your post and hope you continue to post on here.:drink:

GBMelBlount
02-07-2010, 08:55 AM
To that point, I have stayed away for about a month and have thoroughly enjoyed the breath of fresh air.

In short, my Steelers fandom has been more enjoyable over the last month than it has in the last year and a half. Since I live so far away, this board was my main source for Steelers football. Sadly, it really jaded me to this wonderful team.

I have missed seeing you on SteelersFever preach and I am thankful that you and your wife are OK. I was honestly a bit worried having not seen you for a month.

I guess the sad thing for me, is when you take a break due to the negativity. I consider you a friend and miss seeing you on the board. I also greatly respect you Preach and I miss your opinion and input on things.

Anyway, hopefully when you are back you will be able to better look past the negativity on the board and be able to enjoy the positive things ........like LLT. :chuckle:

I am already looking forward to dinner with you and your lovely wife next fall. :hug:

GoSlash27
02-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Take care, Preach. You're an honorable, thoughtful guy and I've enjoyed reading your posts. :hatsoff:

supa_fly_steeler
02-07-2010, 10:53 AM
hey man what do you mean people twist of words???

i dont see that around here.

Vincent
02-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I had wondered where the Preacher had gone. I imagined some sort of mission into a less fortunate part of the world. Glad you're well.

devilsdancefloor
02-07-2010, 12:17 PM
:drink: glad you are well and have enjoyed your break! I hope to see you around more once the season starts!

Preacher
02-07-2010, 12:24 PM
I had wondered where the Preacher had gone. I imagined some sort of mission into a less fortunate part of the world. Glad you're well.

No, I have never been to Cleveland.

stillers4me
02-07-2010, 12:29 PM

:chuckle: Welcome back.

SteelersinCA
02-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Good to see you Preach. Some people you just can't reach my friend!

revefsreleets
02-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I went through the same epiphany, Preach. But I cannot "let the terrorists win", so to speak.

So I keep posting just to post. God knows it's certainly no fun anymore. It's NOTHING like it used to be. My lag-time will lengthen and I'll eventually just never come back.

There is no doubt that the board is self-destructing....I hope I'm not still around when the inmates finally take over the asylum...

zulater
02-07-2010, 10:55 PM
I went through the same epiphany, Preach. But I cannot "let the terrorists win", so to speak.

So I keep posting just to post. God knows it's certainly no fun anymore. It's NOTHING like it used to be. My lag-time will lengthen and I'll eventually just never come back.

There is no doubt that the board is self-destructing....I hope I'm not still around when the inmates finally take over the asylum...

Oh the drama. http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/icon_eyeroll.gif

A message board is like life in that it is what you make of it.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I hope I'm not still around when the inmates finally take over the asylum...

I can guarantee you (on your life :chuckle:) that will NEVER happen.

Father - believe me, I understand your frustrations and I miss your phenomenal input around here. Sometimes it is not only healthy for the mind, but healthy for the soul (and sanity!) to take a break. As you well know, life isn't always a bed of roses and neither is this board, but I have enough faith in the tons of really good people around here, including yourself, to keep this board headed back in the right direction. Remember - Rome wasn't built in a day. :drink:

GoSlash27
02-07-2010, 11:03 PM
My lag-time will lengthen and I'll eventually just never come back.
Yeah. Uhh... :noidea:
So like I said, we'll miss ya, Preach. :hatsoff:

revefsreleets
02-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah. Uhh... :noidea:
So like I said, we'll miss ya, Preach. :hatsoff:

I stick around just to bother guys like you. It's really no bread off my table. I read and post while I make my obligatory phone calls at work. It's just an interesting diversion...

In your case, though, well NOBODY (especially not you) like to have the curtain pulled back on their tin-pot-two-bit "Great and Mighty Oz" act. It sounds like mighty loud and important stuff spewing out from the bullhorn of your own self-important delusion of "genius", but it actually tinkles out as tinny self-aggrandized nonsense when even the tiniest bit of scrutiny is applied by the astute recipients on the other end.

And you're just ONE of the guys ruining the board! Every one of you has your own set of horrible traits you bring along with you....it boggles the mind!

zulater
02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
I stick around just to bother guys like you. It's really no bread off my table. I read and post while I make my obligatory phone calls at work. It's just an interesting diversion...

In your case, though, well NOBODY (especially not you) like to have the curtain pulled back on their tin-pot-two-bit "Great and Mighty Oz" act. It sounds like mighty loud and important stuff spewing out from the bullhorn of your own self-important delusion of "genius", but it actually tinkles out as tinny self-aggrandized nonsense when even the tiniest bit of scrutiny is applied by the astute recipients on the other end.

And you're just ONE of the guys ruining the board! Every one of you has your own set of horrible traits you bring along with you....it boggles the mind!

:rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
02-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Well Preach...I haven't been around that much either. not making the playoffs made me sick.

But now, we are ALL 0-0 starting the new season.

SteelersMongol
02-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Now what did LLT has done?

Shea
02-08-2010, 01:38 AM

:sofunny:

Now what did LLT has done?

That's probably a can of worms that would be best left unopen. :wink02:

ricardisimo
02-08-2010, 01:48 AM
It's true... this is largely a debating board. It has to feel good to step outside when you don't feel like arguing which way is up. But it's entertaining to lock horns when you're in the mood.

There's something else to consider, though. It feels very good to express yourself freely and find out that you're not a total loon. I'm an atheist anarchist who finds himself agreeing with Christian Republicans on some issues (not many, granted), and they with me (fewer still, I'm sure) which is one of the beautiful things of this life, I'd say.

tony hipchest
02-08-2010, 01:52 AM
pathetic.

im sorry your thread has already been hijacked, preacher.

its a shame people would use it to divert all attention unto themselves.

i hope YOU decide to still remain a member here. :cheers:

revefsreleets
02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Sorry, Preach. After further review, I think it was inappropriate for me to chime in this way in your thread.

Suffice to say, I agree with many of your sentiments...

Godfather
02-09-2010, 12:34 PM

I don't think it will ever come to that. I'm willing to bet the mods will pull the plug on the Locker Room if it ever gets that bad. The rest of the board is too important.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
:sofunny:

That's probably a can of worms that would be best left unopen. :wink02:

Thats right....

HEY!!!!!

HometownGal
02-09-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't think it will ever come to that. I'm willing to bet the mods will pull the plug on the Locker Room if it ever gets that bad. The rest of the board is too important.

The problems aren't just confined to the Locker Room, Godfather. We are working on the issues and trust me - everything will work out. Count on it. :drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2010, 01:12 PM
The problems aren't just confined to the Locker Room, Godfather. We are working on the issues and trust me - everything will work out. Count on it. :drink:

I agree....but its GOT to start with all of policing ourselves instead of waiting for the other guy to stop.

If any of us CANT police our own comments (including myself) ...well then the problem comes back to us personally).

With that being said...I owe Zulater an apology for sniping at him yesterday and continuing a disagreement.

Zulater...please accept my apology and look forward to discussing and debating with you on a more civil level.

HometownGal
02-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I agree....but its GOT to start with all of policing ourselves instead of waiting for the other guy to stop.

If any of us CANT police our own comments (including myself) ...well then the problem comes back to us personally).

With that being said...I owe Zulater an apology for sniping at him yesterday and continuing a disagreement.

Zulater...please accept my apology and look forward to discussing and debating with you on a more civil level.

If everyone around here would take the high road as you have just done here, LLT, we wouldn't be experiencing the issues we have over the past several months. :drink: :hatsoff:

Thank you for being the gentleman you are. :drink: :hug:

zulater
02-09-2010, 01:37 PM

No apology neccessary LLT, but appreciated, accepted and returned in kind all the same. :hatsoff:

I don't hold grudges, I'm just a guy who maybe gets a little too passionate and ensconced in my opinion from time to time. :blah:

:wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
No apology neccessary LLT, but appreciated, accepted and returned in kind all the same. :hatsoff:

I don't hold grudges, I'm just a guy who maybe gets a little too passionate and ensconced in my opinion from time to time. :blah:

:wink02:

:drink:

steelreserve
02-09-2010, 04:43 PM
If everyone around here would take the high road as you have just done here, LLT, we wouldn't be experiencing the issues we have over the past several months. :drink: :hatsoff:

Thank you for being the gentleman you are. :drink: :hug:

OK, as long as we're in the spirit, I'll take this chance to say: Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay.

Hey ... that IS the high road by my standards.

HometownGal
02-09-2010, 04:46 PM
OK, as long as we're in the spirit, I'll take this chance to say: Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay.

Hey ... that IS the high road by my standards.

:nono: steelreserve. You don't get admitted to the high road society until you publicly state that Wilie doesn't suck. :chuckle: :wink: :flap:

Preacher
02-10-2010, 04:30 PM
:nono: steelreserve. You don't get admitted to the high road society until you publicly state that Wilie doesn't suck. :chuckle: :wink: :flap:

:doh: There's always one in every thread! :chuckle: j/k htg :hug:

Seriously, thanks everyone. And thanks Revs for catching yourself here.

As I said before, I realized I was getting to a place where I wasn't controlling my tongue (well, typing as it may be) and was helping the downward spiral of this board.

Hopefully it all change back around.

As I said before, where is LITP or Timmy when you really need em?

revefsreleets
02-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Ahhh, the old "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" philosophy. Focus the negative energy on the "other", our common enemy.

Anyway, I have to think that even Jesus would be a little perturbed by some of the goings-on around here, Preach (and I mean, the kick-ass Jesus, the one who tore up the Temple when the money-changers were polluting it). He'd probably be pissed off, too

Polamalu Princess
02-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Hello friend - I am so sorry I just saw this post now. I have missed you and I am glad that you are well. Please tell your wife I said hello. Hugs to you both!!!

hindes204
02-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Glad to see you back around here Preach, Ive missed your posts. Apparently Ive missed alot, I havent been around much either. I look forward to hearing more from you

SteelMember
02-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Good to see you, Preach. :wave:

I find your posts have always been very articulate, imformed and insightful...

...even the ones you may be feeling regretful of now.

Conversation is a two-way street, with give and take.

The same kind of "balance" we all appreciate on the field could be applied here...

...right after we bust each others chops. :chuckle:

Thank you for your contributions. :hatsoff: