PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Legends

Brady12
02-02-2006, 03:02 PM
My Steeler friend and I were talking at lunch, when a bandwagon Steeler fan walked in. Seriously, he's never said anything about Pittsburgh before these playoff wins. Anyways, we played a trick on him to see how much he knew, and so asked him who Lynn Swann played for.. I said "Lynn Swann, who is that?" The "Steeler" fan was completely silent, had no idea, and then my friend said "Oh, wait I know now.. He played for the Jets.. Yes thats right." lol, We then walked away "Lynn Swann, my god if you don't know Lynn Swann, you don't know Pittsburgh." It was pretty funny actually.

pilex
02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Where are you because at least everyone in the state of PA should know who Lynn Swann is even if they didn't see him play in any form, highlights, live, etc. I mean the guy has pretty much, if not locked up the ticket spot for governer on the republican side, I mean anyone from PA coulda at least come up with the easy out of " oh you mean the future governer of the state of PA. "

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Please teach him for us die hards!

SteelerFanInCA
02-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Man, even my unborn kids know who Lynn Swann is.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Shit,I knew who Lynn Swann was when I was 5,back in 1990.

ngreene15
02-02-2006, 05:32 PM
There do seem to be a lot of people jumping on the Steeler bandwagon.... Mods, humour me.... How much has this site grown (member wise) in the last month.

PS. No disrespect to new members, but it appears some have hopped on the bandwagon because of the Steelers playoff success.

mikespad
02-02-2006, 05:38 PM
To represent the new members on the block. Been a fan since CMU days in 90's, and I just joined about 15 minutes ago. Apologies for not finding this forum sooner. Driving out from NYC to the burg tomorrow.

ngreene15
02-02-2006, 05:39 PM
To represent the new members on the block. Been a fan since CMU days in 90's, and I just joined about 15 minutes ago. Apologies for not finding this forum sooner. Driving out from NYC to the burg tomorrow.
And no disrecpect to you... But there are a lot of new members who aren't in the same boat as you. Peopl who have just become a fan because of the playoffs this year.

mikespad
02-02-2006, 05:42 PM
totally hear you bro. All frickin good....so long as we win Sunday!!!!!!

LambertIsGod58
02-02-2006, 06:36 PM
My Steeler friend and I were talking at lunch, when a bandwagon Steeler fan walked in. Seriously, he's never said anything about Pittsburgh before these playoff wins. Anyways, we played a trick on him to see how much he knew, and so asked him who Lynn Swann played for.. I said "Lynn Swann, who is that?" The "Steeler" fan was completely silent, had no idea, and then my friend said "Oh, wait I know now.. He played for the Jets.. Yes thats right." lol, We then walked away "Lynn Swann, my god if you don't know Lynn Swann, you don't know Pittsburgh." It was pretty funny actually.

Depending how old this person is, it's not so far fetched that he wouldn't know Swann. And if he ever met Swann, he'd just assume forget about it.