PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Saints headed for free agency

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Lots of Saints headed for free agency
Posted by Evan Silva on February 7, 2010 1:28 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter points out that 29 players on the Saints' 53-man roster have contracts that will expire this offseason.

18 are slated to be restricted free agents, while 11 are unrestricted.

Key restricted free agents, barring the unlikely reaching of a new CBA, include running back Pierre Thomas, injured left tackle Jammal Brown, Pro Bowl guard Jahri Evans, and strong safety Roman Harper.

Backup quarterback Mark Brunell, linebacker Scott Fujita, and free safety Darren Sharper are slated for unrestricted free agency.

So the NFC champs appear likely to experience some roster overhaul.

Brown, who will require a pricey tender to keep, presents the Saints with a possible dilemma, or trade possibility. Though he missed all of 2009 because of injury, Brown will have plenty of market value as an athletic 29-year-old blind-side tackle with two Pro Bowls on his resume.

The Saints' starting left tackle on Sunday will be Jermon Bushrod, who has been up and down in 2009.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Venom
02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Sharper would look very nice next to Troy . Sharper had more int's than the entire Steelers D this past year .

Godfather
02-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Sharper would look very nice next to Troy . Sharper had more int's than the entire Steelers D this past year .

And maybe he'll take a lower offer from us so he can play for his old teammate :tt04:

AllD
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Will be interesting to see the Saints be a one hit wonder after their team is decimated by FA. Most will be going for the highest offer. Will the Cowboys finally make it back to the NFC Chamionship game due to attrition? Do the Eagles have enough for one more push?

SteelerNation12
02-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Will be interesting to see the Saints be a one hit wonder after their team is decimated by FA. Most will be going for the highest offer. Will the Cowboys finally make it back to the NFC Chamionship game due to attrition? Do the Eagles have enough for one more push?
They have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, I'm sure they will be ok.

Psyychoward86
02-07-2010, 10:49 PM

your thinking short term. What is he, 38 now?

fansince'76
02-07-2010, 10:57 PM
your thinking short term.

Hey, why not? 2011 will be pretty much ruined by a lockout/strike - book it. God knows what will happen after that.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Man, that looks to be a mess, it would be cool if we did get Sharper.

steelerdave1969
02-08-2010, 07:56 AM
They have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, I'm sure they will be ok.
I think I must agree with you Nation. The Saints have a very nice corp of players on offense for sure. They need to add a passrusher on that line, and LB must see some help as well to help that secondary out. But no one has proven they can hold the Colts down and out of the endzone like the Saints showed last night..

CargoJon
02-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Sharper's 34. He's already indicated a desire to return to New Orleans. We'll see how that turns out on paper. My guess is if they'll agree to a 2 year deal, he'd stay without hitting the market. The problem with Sharper in our system is that he's the "freebird" in the Saints system...we already have a "roamer" in Troy, so I'm not sure the two would work out well together.