PDA

View Full Version : Saints one and done?

lionslicer
02-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Saints were 8-8 last year, and with pretty much the same players with some new faces, went 13-3 this year and won the superbowl, they are also going to lose players to free agencey because of money. Is this team a team that will have disapointing seasons a head of them? A new dynasty.
(all this assuming the NFL wont be in a lockout for more than one season)

Dynasty meaning something different to everyone, some people consider a team who wins their division 10 straight years a dynasty. :P

I personally think they'll have some good years ahead of them, but not another superbowl run.

stillers4me
02-08-2010, 05:40 AM
I don't think they and their fans care about next year right now.

lionslicer
02-08-2010, 06:18 AM
I don't think they and their fans care about next year right now.

I don't think anyone cares, but it was brought up by someone on tv ... just decided to make a thread for it, but if you're gonna be a jerk about it ><

supa_fly_steeler
02-08-2010, 06:39 AM
It's a bit of as stupid question right now.

As of recent years who are Pittsburgh fans to comment on other teams title defenses lmao

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Saints were 8-8 last year, and with pretty much the same players with some new faces, went 13-3 this year and won the superbowl, they are also going to lose players to free agencey because of money. Is this team a team that will have disapointing seasons a head of them? A new dynasty.
(all this assuming the NFL wont be in a lockout for more than one season)

Dynasty meaning something different to everyone, some people consider a team who wins their division 10 straight years a dynasty. :P

I personally think they'll have some good years ahead of them, but not another superbowl run.

I would say that the fact that the Saints have 29 players who will be playing with free agency this next year....probably lit a fire under them with an understanding that this team "could" be dismantled.

HometownGal
02-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I don't think anyone cares, but it was brought up by someone on tv ... just decided to make a thread for it, but if you're gonna be a jerk about it ><

Hey, hey, hey! There is no need for name calling - she is just stating her opinion. :buttkick:

In response to your quiery - it is certainly possible, but now at least the Saints and their fans can proudly state that they've been there! :drink:

Fire Haley
02-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Where is all the Saints hate coming from? Sounds like something a bitter Colts fan would say.

Let the Saints and their fans enjoy their SB win - they deserved it, and Manning deserves his "choker" legacy.

Indo
02-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Where is all the Saints hate coming from? Sounds like something a bitter Colts fan would say.

Let the Saints and their fans enjoy their SB win - they deserved it, and Manning deserves his "choker" legacy.

Exactly

Winning the SB hasn't even sunken in yet
There is still a Parade----and those of you who have lived there know that it will far out-do the Steelers parade last year!

There are still Rings to be handed out.

Let them enjoy the moment

the team may be dismantled
But it's Better to win once, then never at all----ask the Browns a hundred years from now...

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
02-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Do the Steelers play the Saints next season in New Orleans? Seems like I read that somewhere within the last few weeks.

supa_fly_steeler
02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Do the Steelers play the Saints next season in New Orleans? Seems like I read that somewhere within the last few weeks.

i thought they came to our yard

edit:

we play tampa and new orleans away, carolina and atlanta at home

steelreserve
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I think the Saints' chances of winning another title will last roughly until Brees tears his rotator cuff again. Then they can forget it for another 20 years. Although I will remain eternally grateful to them for making sure King Dipshit and the Colts didn't win.

In fact, the last three Super Bowls have been about as good as it gets. Patriots lose, Steelers win, Colts lose. I'll be keeping an eye out for pictures of Haitian kids with "Colts Super Bowl Champions" gear in the next couple weeks.

smokin3000gt
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm not an expert by any means, but you know the superbowl story. Win the SB, lose half your players and coaches to other teams who think they can buy a ring. I don't think NO has the FO with the ability to do it all over again with new blood in the game. JMO

Dino 6 Rings
02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't say Done, I'd say most likely they will be good enough to get into the playoffs next season, however, I don't know if they are going to have Home Field advantage again during those playoffs, and I highly doubt it. Its really tough to "surprise" folks after winning the Super Bowl. So the teams in their conference will have their number, or at least, give them better games, the Falcons should be on the up next year, not sure about the Panthers, but they should sweep the Bucs.

Then it really depends on how their season plays out against the rest of the NFC, for Home Field I mean. They play on the road against Cincy, Baltimore, San Fran, Arizona and Dallas. 14 wins will be tough to pull of next year. It could happen, but I don't think they go on the road in the playoffs next year and win at say Minnesota or Dallas, or Arizona, or at NY Giants, or whoever gets their in the NFC. It's tough to do that.

I see them in the tourney, just not hosting both Playoff Games to get to the SB.

But that's my break down looking 8 months into the future without knowing who's even going to be on their roster next season or the rosters of the teams they play against.

CargoJon
02-08-2010, 05:29 PM
If the current CBA expires as it looks like it will be, only 2 of the 29 "free agents" will actually be unrestricted free agents....the rest would be restricted. So while it's possible the Saints could lose some FA's, they would stockpile draft picks in doing so.

I'd say high likelihood that of the 22 starters, at least 21 of them are back next year. I could see Fujita going in FA, but at the same time, he's been with Payton since Dallas and there's got to be some loyalty there. Sharper has already indicated he wants to return and I see it being likely they re-sign him.

steelreserve
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I'd say high likelihood that of the 22 starters, at least 21 of them are back next year.

Yeah, well ... look how much good that did US this season.

BrandonCarr39
02-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Keep in mind - they won it all with NUMEROUS guys on IR, including their Pro Bowl LT Jamaal Brown, who missed the ENTIRE season.

I mean when was the last time a team even made the playoffs without their starting blind-sided OT?(with exceptions like your team last year, of course) Look at Dallas in the Minny game when Flozell went down - they were moving the ball fairly at ease with receivers open all over the field, then Romo had to run for his life from Jared Allen the rest of the game.

To some extent, I agree though - Darren Sharper was a HUGE upgrade to that secondary - it's been ages since the Saints had an attitude, ball hawker in their secondary. Without Sharper, their secondary will be back to swiss cheese.

Gnutella
02-08-2010, 10:01 PM
...I will remain eternally grateful to them for making sure King Dipshit and the Colts didn't win.

King Dipshit = Peyton Manning or Bill Polian?

lionslicer
02-09-2010, 01:27 AM

I'm a colts and saints fan, I thought it was great they were both in the superbowl, but Saints fans, atleast ones i've talked to in school, are jerks, I hate the whole "they deserve it" "God is on their side" attitude, then why should the colts even dress and play? If God was really on their side, he would have stiked Lightining upon Peytons face during the game...

It's just ignorant people. If they didn't exist, I would be happy right now that the Saints won.

SteelerNation12
02-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Unlikely but who knows, that is a lot of players that are expiring and they won't be able to get them all back. They played with a lot of backups this year too which is scary.

Fire Haley
02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm a colts and saints fan, I thought it was great they were both in the superbowl, but Saints fans, atleast ones i've talked to in school, are jerks, I hate the whole "they deserve it" "God is on their side" attitude, then why should the colts even dress and play? If God was really on their side, he would have stiked Lightining upon Peytons face during the game...

It's just ignorant people. If they didn't exist, I would be happy right now that the Saints won.

So you ARE a bitter Colts fan.

I knew it. :tt02: