View Full Version : Mike Mayocks Top 5:DT

supa_fly_steeler
02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
1. Gerald McCoy
2. Ndamukong Suh
3.Jared Odrick
4.Dan Williams
5.Brian Price

Whow Suh not at 1, and Cody not even in the top 5, i don't get this self proclaimed Guru, he think he knows everythuing about the draft the stupid idiot.

Texasteel
02-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Actually I think he is pretty good, but when he does make mistakes they are usually pretty good ones. I think Suh is the # one DT as well, but the gap may not be as great as some think.

supa_fly_steeler
02-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Actually I think he is pretty good, but when he does make mistakes they are usually pretty good ones. I think Suh is the # one DT as well, but the gap may not be as great as some think.

Hmm true im not saying gerold mccoy is not good enough ect but i mean suh should be number 1. Maybe i got a little annoyed because i like Suh but still hmmmm im scratching my head over the number 1 pick and why Cody aint there.

If casey is a 3 down tackle then cody can be imo.

Aussie_steeler
02-09-2010, 02:53 PM
This time of year these guys want to be the talk of the pre-draft world. By making a list that goes against most conventions guarantees your name is being thrown around.

Mayock, McShay and Kiper all make at least prediction that goes against the consensus view to attract viewers.

Until the combine it doesnt really matter how they organise their list. All they worry about is that we are talking about their list.

Looks like Mayock has got us talking. Suh & McCoy are both safe picks but they are not a franchise pick like a Clausen could be for the Rams.

SaskSteeler
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I was watching total access when Mayock explained his list. He basically said that Suh and McCoy are both #1, but he personally preferred the quickness of McCoy over the power of Suh.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2010, 03:08 PM

Agreed...I think he usually is a good judge of talent..but there is something about his personality that makes him want to gamble a bit at picks.

Northside Jonny
02-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I was watching total access when Mayock explained his list. He basically said that Suh and McCoy are both #1, but he personally preferred the quickness of McCoy over the power of Suh.
I've seen Kiper and McShay say that Suh and McCoy. Are more like 1 and 1A . But I do think that Cody is top 5 DT. I think he will show well at the combine and probably come in slimmed down some. His stock will rise again.

supa_fly_steeler
02-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I've seen Kiper and McShay say that Suh and McCoy. Are more like 1 and 1A . But I do think that Cody is top 5 DT. I think he will show well at the combine and probably come in slimmed down some. His stock will rise again.

Holy crap terrance cody search of "terrance cody steelers" has more search hits than "hines ward steelers"

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2361/89347081.png

Well i don't know who was worse Cody or SMith, at least Cody didn't run topless

http://tonybruno.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/andre-smith.jpg

Well i will give Mayock balls at least he doesnt make total stupid assumptions like the Cowboys who actually think they have a chance at Eric Berry (chuckles) and Earl Thomas heres one of the thousands of stupid threads by the crygals

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=373297&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
lol it did entertain me for about a couple of mins

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Cody is to the DT class this year .....as Herman Johnson was to the OG class last year. Over rated and best suited to the college game.

Both are too big and too slow to be top prospects in the NFL. NFL is a speed game and Dan Williams showed he has more than Cody in a big way. I honestly would rather have Torel Troup or Cam Thomas than Cody. Less risk and way more upside.