PDA

View Full Version : Tackle banned....

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
03-23-2005, 08:20 PM
The NFL is getting together and trying to get rid of the "horse-collar tackle" That is the tackle that when you tackle someone but you grab the back of the jersey near the neck or you grab the neck protector and bring them down. They are banning this tackle because a lot of players got hurt by this tackle in the 2004 season, including Terrell Owens, which kept him out a while.

~All Amer~

JerseySTEEL
03-23-2005, 08:23 PM
ya that tackle took out 3 people this year for the season and put TO out till SB" was great i hate TO".

ironcitychef
03-23-2005, 09:57 PM
I don't get it? You can't tackle that way, but Sapp can blind side a guy 35 yards from the play. :nono:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2005, 12:19 AM
I don't get it? You can't tackle that way, but Sapp can blind side a guy 35 yards from the play. :nono:

That issue is under review too... blind siding players.. especially on Special Teams.. 15 yd penalty!!!

You really gotta be careful about how much you mess w/ rules like this. I mean, its football, its contact, everybody knows the risks involved..its a contact sport!!!

clevestinks
03-25-2005, 08:13 AM
Blind siding is such a judgement call. I cab see Hines ard coming across the field trying to get a block, and lifting a db off his feet. Because the db only has the ball carrier in his sites, and he`s not looking for Ward, this should be considered illegal ???

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
03-25-2005, 02:22 PM
I personally think its stupid that they are banning some tackles. I mean come on, this is FOOTBALL! Not ballet. I mean they are grown men and its part of the sport to hit people. I am not saying that people should intentionally go out on the field and intend to injure someone. Football isn't like it used to be anymore!:shake02:

~All Amer~

clevestinks
03-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Couldn`t have said it better myself , great reply. AASG

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2005, 05:51 PM
I agree and thats the whole problem right there cleve... a judgement call... at any given time a penalty for a tackle like this, could turn the tide of the game in a HUGE way... and course, something like this won't be reviewable by replay..

no thanks, this is way too much of a grey area for me... man I dont like it one bit, not at all..

HinesWard4Life8682
03-25-2005, 11:42 PM
i want the NFL to do something about the cutting blocks

Brownskikass
03-26-2005, 10:45 PM

Exactly....The NFL has become the NO-CONTACT-LEAGUE

You cant touch a WR five yards from the Line of Scrimmage and now you cant tackle that way? What about the hit that ended Tony Williams season on Monday Night last year? They wont do anything about blindsides of course :rolleyes:

HinesWard4Life8682
03-27-2005, 12:09 AM
yeah the hit on tony williams is wat i was talkinga bout, the cutting blocks

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 12:46 AM
that was a bullshit block and the guy knew it u sya him on the side lines in agonay thinkign of what he did.

ironcitychef
03-27-2005, 01:03 AM
The thing I don't like is with the horse collar...how many times in 100 does that injure? Okay now take the chop block or blind side hit...how many times in 100 does that injure. I don't want this to be a flag football league either, but if you have to pass some rules, put them in the right places.

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 01:12 AM
flag football why not its fun lol

ironcitychef
03-27-2005, 01:17 AM
For one, the uniform police in the NFL wouldn't stand for it. Too much stuff hanging off the uniform, might block the Pat Tilman number that shouldn't be there blocking the corporate logo supplying the NFL mega bucks. Two we don't want this to be the NBA...kids only know how to dunk and have no skills. Dammit my kid will know how to wrap up and tackle.

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 01:19 AM
the NBA isnt a sport, and i agree they shoudl lighten up on soem rules and stiffen othier but dotn go oever board to a area were u can only throwa deep pass bc CB's cant touch anyone hehe...

clevestinks
03-27-2005, 11:42 AM
The NFL wants more scoring. We put all this time and effort into a No.1 D, and they want more scoring. Might as well throw out all the old records, from the days when men were men.

Volpe1564
06-04-2005, 05:46 PM
i want the NFL to do something about the cutting blocks

that would hurt pittsburgh.....and destroy Denver