PDA

View Full Version : Saints SB parade

tony hipchest
02-09-2010, 05:35 PM
this is actually really cool. its held in the evening so everyone can already be a few drinks in and not have to worry about returning to work. you know long after the parade is over, people will still be partying.

there are actual floats.

drew brees is going nuts throwing thousands of beads into the audience. i dont know about you, but if i went to the steelers first SB win parade, and caught some black and gold beads terry bradshaw was throwing into the crowd, i would feel like i had a keepsake that was a little part of history, and in a way feel i owned a part of the win.

:thumbsup: good for them. :tt03:

Vincent
02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
That town needs this. Good for them. And Brees if perfect for NO.

stillers4me
02-09-2010, 05:59 PM
I really am happy for them. They took nothing for granted and earned that win with patience and aggresive play calling, and never let up on the pressure.

Godfather
02-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Wow....they just announced the O. Perry Walker High School band. They must be the ones right behind the Drew Brees float.

OPW is where Mike Wallace and Keenan Lewis went to high school.

Godfather
02-09-2010, 07:42 PM
How is the NFLN's coverage anyway? I'm watching the local news coverage.

I noticed the defensive players aren't wearing safety harnesses. Not a good idea--usually float riders wear a harness that's attached to the frame of the float.

Also got to see the Tulane marching band. Roll Wave!!!

tony hipchest
02-09-2010, 07:53 PM
nfln coverage was really good. much better than espn new's paltry 30 minutes.

unfortunately they could only devote 2 hrs to the coverage (the parade was still going strong). they seemed to cut out as soon as the party was really getting started.

i woulda loved to be there. from the looks of it, moreso than at times square on new years eve. :party:

Godfather
02-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I've never seen a Mardi Gras parade draw that big a crowd.

Sean Payton is drunk.

Here's some local coverage: http://www.wdsu.com/video/17360129/index.html

BrandonCarr39
02-09-2010, 08:25 PM
this is actually really cool. its held in the evening so everyone can already be a few drinks in and not have to worry about returning to work. you know long after the parade is over, people will still be partying.

there are actual floats.

drew brees is going nuts throwing thousands of beads into the audience. i dont know about you, but if i went to the steelers first SB win parade, and caught some black and gold beads terry bradshaw was throwing into the crowd, i would feel like i had a keepsake that was a little part of history, and in a way feel i owned a part of the win.

:thumbsup: good for them. :tt03:

Having lived there for almost 20 years, Saints fans were hardly bandwagons, they were die-hards, but nonetheless, they pretty much had their expectations VERY low.

After the Red Sox broke their curse in 2004, I told others, "Guess who will be next?", their responses were, "The Saints??????!!!!!!!!!!!! PPPPPPPFFFFFFTTTT!!!!!!!!".

The Saints have really come a long way since then - I wish I were still there, would have loved to see the celebrations et al.

SteelersMongol
02-10-2010, 02:07 AM
I was rooting 4 the Saints that morning (Asia's morning=America's eve), but when I saw Manning's face after that interception, boy did I feel bad 4 that man.

Galax Steeler
02-10-2010, 04:09 AM
but when I saw Manning's face after that interception, boy did I feel bad 4 that man.

Not me that is all I heard is how manning is the man in under two minuets and how much better he is then Ben. Maybe this will quieten Bens Critiques but I dought it.

Godfather
02-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I was rooting 4 the Saints that morning (Asia's morning=America's eve), but when I saw Manning's face after that interception, boy did I feel bad 4 that man.

Don't feel too sorry for him. His childhood dream was throwing the winning touchdown pass for the Saints in the Super Bowl, and now he did it.