PDA

View Full Version : Troy Injured (Ankle) In Practice - "Probable"

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2006, 05:59 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06033/649031.stm

!!!!!!!!!

syde18T
02-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Hopefully nothing too serious, as he is listed as probable and still managed to practice today...

tony hipchest
02-02-2006, 06:10 PM
maybe belichick called cowher and told him to use some jedi mind tricks on the opponent.

TasmanianTroy271
02-02-2006, 06:11 PM
If you think Troy is gonna let an ankle stop him from playing in the superbowl, you are sadly mistaken. he'll say "Wrap that sh!t up, I'm gonna kill some Seahawk!"

Ambridge
02-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Well that's just great!!:mad:

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Hopefully nothing too serious, as he is listed as probable and still managed to practice today...

He practiced until he injured the ankle, at which point he left practice.

shevdog
02-02-2006, 06:19 PM
If you think Troy is gonna let an ankle stop him from playing in the superbowl, you are sadly mistaken. he'll say "Wrap that sh!t up, I'm gonna kill some Seahawk!"

No doubt, Troy will tough it out.

ZornToLargent
02-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Nobody wants to see injuries.

"A player listed as probable on the injured list officially means he has a 75 percent chance of playing in that week's game."

vader29
02-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Pittsburgh tv station just reported that other players said that he was not on crutches or limping at all so he'll no doubt be playing come Sunday.

Suitanim
02-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Much ado about nothing.

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Troy please say it isn`t so!

Damn!

melroseplace
02-02-2006, 06:44 PM
when I saw the topic to this thread I went :eyecrazy: WHAT?!?!"

but he'll be ready to go on Sunday...hopefully he can stick it out for sixty minutes

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Even I don't want to see that happen...

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Sounds to me like T.P. is already trying to "tap out".

LOL!!!

Justin Otstott
02-02-2006, 06:55 PM
OMG my heart stopped! Please God dont let 43 be out of this one...We need him baddddd!!!

Justin Otstott
02-02-2006, 06:56 PM
PDX your not funny so go to another board and post your BS comments thank you...

AvoidLLoyd95
02-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Sounds to me like T.P. is already trying to "tap out".

LOL!!!
Sounds to me like you are afraid they have to face T.P. Even a slightly hurt T.P is better than anyone the Chickens got.

PDX Hawk fan
02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
PDX your not funny so go to another board and post your BS comments thank you...

Sorry it's not as funny as concussion "humor", or when Porter talks about hurting our guys.

My bad.

Brady12
02-02-2006, 07:14 PM
lol, there is no way a player would miss this if he is probable. Biggest game of your life.

BAC
02-02-2006, 07:22 PM
MAN, What a rollercoaster of emotion while looking at this thread. From near-cardiac arrest to nearly normal in around 19 seconds. ( A personal best I believe )

WWIIOwheelz
02-02-2006, 07:29 PM
If he'd LOST his freeking foot at practice today, he'd be getting fitted with a prosthetic device already.

He'll be there.

Prosdo
02-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Man all I heard on the radio was Troy Polamalu injuried in practice. Thankfully he is probable.

BAC
02-02-2006, 07:36 PM
If he'd LOST his freeking foot at practice today, he'd be getting fitted with a prosthetic device already.

He'll be there.
I totally agree, I just hope it won't effect his MPH . Troy is faster than little Jonny after the prom. Are they in pads this week?

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 07:41 PM
lol, there is no way a player would miss this if he is probable. Biggest game of your life.
Not worried about him missing the game, but his speed and athletism is what seperates him from other safeties

Koopa
02-02-2006, 07:43 PM
i'm sure right when he walks out that tunnel and hears the crowd he'll forget about a little tweak and he'll be playing like the same troy we've all grown to love

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 07:48 PM
i'm sure right when he walks out that tunnel and hears the crowd he'll forget about a little tweak and he'll be playing like the same troy we've all grown to love
Lord knows I pray that your right!

For now rep points for you, cause I`m holding you to this statement!

TasmanianTroy271
02-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey, if there's one game to forget about an injury, it's this one. There's no next week to worry about, he has the whole offseason to fix it

TheButt
02-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Dont you guys know anything ??

They are sandbaggin!!

Working perfectly so far , had all of you fooled! Hopefully Hassel**** thiks so too!

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Dont you guys know anything ??

They are sandbaggin!!

Working perfectly so far , had all of you fooled! Hopefully Hassel**** thiks so too!
I bet the NFL forced the Steelers to report a high profile injury just to give the media something to talk about. Yesterday was Seattle's turn (see Jeramy Stevens talk trash...)

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
If it is anything significant, watch the line - as of this evening it is 4 & 1/2 (up from 4 earlier this week).

Sorry if anyone thinks I was trying to unjustifiably scare them - Post-Gazette online headline said "injured" and Cowher said "tweaked" (which apparently has become the new official coach-speak for anything short of a torn ligament or broken bone) - in hindsight I should have used tweaked.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Yep no worries, .. worst case scenario they'll give him a shot and he'll tough it out. Troy wouldnt miss this game for the world.

drizze99
02-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Damn... I don't like hearing this sh*t even if it is sand baggin.

Large_Ant
02-02-2006, 11:36 PM
This dude would sooner cut his hair than miss this game. No way in hell he doesn't play.

PDX Hawk fan
02-03-2006, 12:13 AM
After what Joey Porter had to say about my Hawks, I could care less if Punkamalu was dead at this point.

It's on ****s- you started this crap , now it's time to eat it!!!!

Hawk Believer
02-03-2006, 12:21 AM
PDX, they'll tolerate that kind of talk here, but only in the Blast Furnace section. Otherwise you'll get banned and there will be fewer Hawks fans to plead tha case...

12th man
02-03-2006, 12:23 AM
The Steelers like Bettis will be going back to school in Detroit... be prepared to take notes when the seahawks dominate Pittsburg this sunday.

drizze99
02-03-2006, 12:38 AM
I hope you're prepared to eat crow on sunday night. Make sure you come back here Texas A &... I mean Seachicken fan.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 12:44 AM
PDX, they'll tolerate that kind of talk here, but only in the Blast Furnace section. Otherwise you'll get banned and there will be fewer Hawks fans to plead tha case...

Rep points to you Believer... the Blast furnace is where the all the cursing and hard core smack happens..

We dont like banning people on SF, but we will if they continue to break the rules.

pitt
02-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Please..please...pretty please....don't let Troy be hurtin' on Sunday.

DIESELMAN
02-03-2006, 03:27 AM
Its all good definitely tweaked it a bit....he'll play no doubt about that.....too big of a game for him to sit on the sidelines plus I bet he comes out harder then ever and with more intensity.....:helmet:

thumb 2 come
02-03-2006, 07:12 AM
After what Joey Porter had to say about my Hawks, I could care less if Punkamalu was dead at this point.

Stevens started this crap when he said yall would win. And yes when he said Jerome would leave without the trophy that was quarenting a win no doubt in that.

benberger
02-03-2006, 08:43 AM
this is all a dare to hasselbeck and the hawks to come out early and throw at our best interception guy and test his "injured" ankle......hope it works.....doubt it though.

SteelerFanInCA
02-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Rep points to you Believer... the Blast furnace is where the all the cursing and hard core smack happens..

We dont like banning people on SF, but we will if they continue to break the rules.
Just ban the dumb a s s now. He brings absolutely nothing to this board.

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Its all good definitely tweaked it a bit....he'll play no doubt about that.....too big of a game for him to sit on the sidelines plus I bet he comes out harder then ever and with more intensity.....:helmet:

What source for "definitely tweaked it a bit"?

P-G reports Cowher's briefing this morning was as follows:

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

DETROIT -- All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu and fullback Dan Kreider should be recovered enough from their injuries to start in Sunday's Super Bowl, Steelers Coach Bill Cowher said this morning.

Appearing at his final press conference before the game, Cowher revealed that an MRI on Polamalu's injured ankle last night showed no damage. Polamalu left practice yesterday when the ankle was injured and was listed as "probable" for the game against the Seahawks.

"Everything came back negative -- or positive from our standpoint,'' Cowher said. "There is nothing really there. We'll see how he feels today and monitor how much he does today. He should be fine for Sunday."

Cowher also gave a good report on Kreider, who has not practiced this week because of a knee injury and is still listed as questionable for Sunday's game. Kreider was injured in the AFC championship game in Denver.

"Dan's going to work today,'' Cowher said. "I think he'll be fine. I'm very encouraged by his situation."

SteelerFanInCA
02-03-2006, 11:10 AM
I believe Troy will be ready to play even if they had to cut off his leg. This is the biggest game of his career and he will not miss it.

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Trib-Review has actual news on what is going on - apparently Troy woke up with a sore ankle Thursday a.m., which Cowher says may be related to the nature of the turf at teh Silverdome practice field.

By Joe Rutter
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, February 3, 2006

DETROIT - Steelers All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu is expected to play in Super Bowl XL after an MRI taken on his injured ankle was negative.

Coach Bill Cowher said today in his final news conference before Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks that an MRI was taken on Polamalu's ankle after he did limited work in practice Thursday.

"We'll monitor it today and see how much he does," Cowher said.

Polamalu was added to the NFL injury report Thursday and was listed as probable, meaning he has a 75 percent chance of playing.

According to a pool report on the Thursday practice, Polamalu "tweaked" the ankle during drills. Cowher, however, said the ankle was never "turned" and that it was "sore" when Polamalu awakened Thursday morning. He cited the field conditions at the Pontiac Silverdome, where the Steelers are practicing, as a possible culprit.

"It may be from working on a different surface," Cowher said. "We think he'll be fine."

Polamalu is an integral part of the Steelers defense. He has never missed a game since moving into the starting lineup at the beginning of the 2004 season. He was third on the team in tackles this season and was named to his second consecutive Pro Bowl.

In other injury news, fullback Dan Kreider is expected to return to practice today after missing the team's first two workouts here because of a left knee injury.

"He's an integral part of our offense," Cowher said. "We think he'll be fine."

Cowher said running back Verron Haynes and tight end Heath Miller could be used at fullback in the event Kreider is unable to play Sunday.

Need4spd
02-03-2006, 11:22 AM
We need not worry about this. Troy is a trooper, there isn't anything on earth that would keep him from playing in this game. Between these two injuries, Troy and Dan's, I'm more concerned about Dan's at this point. He's vital to our running game, but I'm confident that he'll ready to go by game time as well.

AvoidLLoyd95
02-03-2006, 03:14 PM
It was just reported that Troy is back practicing and fast as ever. Also, Troy tackled his ankle out of bounds because it pissed him off that it got tweaked!

clevestinks
02-03-2006, 03:17 PM
PDX you class less piece of shit! to point out that you could care less if Troy were dead! ZERO class, your just a ball less computer geek! Any day any time!

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2006, 03:18 PM
From ESPN.com

"Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu looked good, running around freely on his injured ankle at Friday's practice at the Pontiac Silverdome.

Polamalu was pulled out of practice with about 30 minutes remaining, so that his ankle could be iced up, strictly as a precaution.

Polamalu is still listed as probable for Sunday's game. By definition, a "probable" listing on the report means that a player is 75 percent likely to participate in that week's game.

The Steelers upgraded both FB Dan Kreider (knee) and Travis Kirschke (groin) to probable on Friday. Both practiced."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2317103

Prosdo
02-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Awesome news! Nice to hear they're all ready to go.

FisherMOM
02-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey TheButt.. I love that signature picture.. totally sweet!!!!!

clevestinks
02-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Krieder way to suk it up for 60 more minutes

Wheres that old Santa Chritmas post, Santa I want Troys ankle to be healthy

CASTEEL
02-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Probable is ok... I can live with probable! Kreider being listed as questionalble the other day really scared me. He is a very important part of your running game........

HERE WE GO!!

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 04:56 PM

Punkassed little bitch.