PDA

View Full Version : Before Every Game What Feeling do you have?

supa_fly_steeler
02-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Before the Steelers game i always get this warm feeling in my stomach with butterflies and i become really nervous.

I was shaking throughout the Super Bowl and the Ratbird game.

I even did it when we played against Detroit...

What feeling do you get before gametime :tt04:

steelpride12
02-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Just pumped. Sundays are like special days all devoted to Steeler football. The family comes over, food gets cooked and the combined feelings of excited, pumped, and of course nervous all run through me!

vasteeler
02-10-2010, 09:08 AM
usually about an hour before kickoff i start pacing and my palms get sweaty not to mention my heart rate goes up and i get butterflies as well

I know i will edventually have a heart attack during a steelers game

SteelerSal
02-10-2010, 09:31 AM
usually about an hour before kickoff i start pacing and my palms get sweaty not to mention my heart rate goes up and i get butterflies as well

I know i will edventually have a heart attack during a steelers game

:chuckle: Same here.
If there is an hour before kickoff and I have to run to the store, thats 10 minutes away, I have an panic attack thinking I wont make it back in time for the start of the game....then I rush around like a fool, haul ass back home, then pace for another half hour. :doh:

Prok
02-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Depends...

If we're playing a good team I am nervous and preparing for eventual heart attack because we'll be in a dog fight the whole game.

If we're playing a bad team I am nervous and preparing for eventual heart attack because we let em' hang with us all game.

Wait, WTF ?? :doh:

supa_fly_steeler
02-10-2010, 10:13 AM
:chuckle: Same here.
If there is an hour before kickoff and I have to run to the store, thats 10 minutes away, I have an panic attack thinking I wont make it back in time for the start of the game....then I rush around like a fool, haul ass back home, then pace for another half hour. :doh:

lol same but i miss half the food i wanna get cus its a 25 minute walk to my nearest store so i run like usain bolt i do

LamarrWoodleysFade
02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm excited for all the games.

I get extra HYPE for primetime games, especially if they're home...

Prok
02-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Depends...

If we're playing a good team I am nervous and preparing for eventual heart attack because we'll be in a dog fight the whole game.

If we're playing a bad team I am nervous and preparing for eventual heart attack because we let em' hang with us all game.

Wait, WTF ?? :doh:

Give it up dude. They don't get your sense of humor here.

:hatsoff:

steelreserve
02-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Mostly, I'm confident and boastful because I'm thnking "we definitely ought to kick these guys' asses." Which is true, except that this season we inexplicably shot ourselves in the foot over and over.

Only exception is when we play the Raiders, when I get the feeling "OK, on paper we're way better, but what's going to go wrong THIS time?"

BigBen'sSwagger
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
If it is the 1st game of the season I am pumped because we have had to hibernate for so long and at long last the season is here.

Sometimes I get a feeling for the games in which case I am usually calm even when disaster strikes. I had a feeling in XLIII and will admit when fitz scored I lost my calm for a few moments but then looked at how much time was left on the clock and said no problem we have Ben right where we want him. I was fairly pumped the rest of the game and knew we would pull it out.

Sometimes I also get a bad feeling and then I sit and wait for the shoe to fall. I try to ignore those feelings as best I can they are not good at all.

I am mostly pumped for all our games and love the football season when it finally gets into full swing. Hate the offseason I feel like a part of me is missing and I can't wait to get the little things like drafts and free agents even pre season although that in itself is to LOOOONG!!!

steelerdude15
02-10-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm so excited and pumped for the games. I love watching the games on tv, but games in person are the best!

Nadroj 20
02-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I get pretty pumped up for the game, i usually get up early on gamedays and im just eager and ready for the game to start.

I might play playstation or something to help pass the time too.

devilsdancefloor
02-10-2010, 01:53 PM

i think we all got your humor, but to quote yourself hmmmm when you talk bout your self do you talk in 3rd person as well?:wink02::chuckle:

im usually nervous cause no matter what it will be close we rarely blow out people or get blown out by whomever. i really am nervous during the ratbirds games

StainlessStill
02-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Before every game, I pretty much can't sleep in the mornings if it's a 1:00 game. I'm up at 8 and do whatever I can do to kill time until kickoff.

About 15 min before kickoffs, I get ancy and start to pace uncontrollably. I also get nervous as HELL and crumble up paper towels within my hands because they get muggy and sweaty. People always laugh at me because of it, but I don't give a sh!t. Just a day in the life of a diehard Steelers fan.

Prok
02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
i think we all got your humor, but to quote yourself hmmmm when you talk bout your self do you talk in 3rd person as well?:wink02::chuckle:

im usually nervous cause no matter what it will be close we rarely blow out people or get blown out by whomever. i really am nervous during the ratbirds games

Yeah I usually do talk about myself in 3rd person. I think I got inferiority complex. :blah:

Totally agree with your second point. I've never seen a time where just about each and every game we play goes down to the wire. It may just be the whole parity thing the league is shooting for.

A big part of me has some anger issues directed towards coach Whiz and the Cardinal's staff. IMO they depleted our roster quite a bit in recent season's allowing other divisional and conference teams to catch up with us.

In fact, i'd be willing to bet that THAT is a major reason for our ST's woes lately.

Thankfully Ben will keep us competitive until we can replentish the middle to bottom third of our roster again.

Indo
02-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Like others, I do a lot of pacing...the carpet is starting to get thin!

I scream at the TV a lot, too---3rd and 1 with an empty backfield....AAAAAARRRRRGHGH

The dogs run for cover! It's pretty funny actually

Galax Steeler
02-11-2010, 03:32 AM
I get butterflies before the game and there is no way I can eat during a Steeler game my stomach is in knots. Just like about everyone else my heart rate goes up.

MACH1
02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
I need another beer.

Woman, it ain't gonna get itself.

:chuckle:

Vico12
02-11-2010, 09:11 AM
After a hard week full of work, troubles and routine, I consider the weekend and specially the Steelers game as my rewards, so before the game I feel excited and nervous, but calmed and happy at the same time, itīs a time I feel I deserve so I enjoy it every minute.

Texasteel
02-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Before the Steelers game i always get this warm feeling in my stomach with butterflies and i become really nervous.

I was shaking throughout the Super Bowl and the Ratbird game.

I even did it when we played against Detroit...

What feeling do you get before gametime :tt04:

OH man, thats just gas. Doctor gave me something for it and it went away.

T.Richardson
02-11-2010, 09:17 AM

that was hilarious! never seen someone quote themselves and talk in 3 person :toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
02-11-2010, 10:09 AM
i sometimes feel intoxicated before, during, and after games....:alcoholic

Dino 6 Rings
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
before the game:
I feel like I'm ready to snap some necks and kick some people in the face.

after the game:
I feel like I'm ready to snap some necks and kick some people in the face.

Steeldude
02-11-2010, 11:41 AM
i am perfectly calm. the alarm clock goes off 5 minutes before kickoff. i reach over to the nightstand to grab the remote. then immediately after the game ends i turn the TV off and go back to sleep.

nothing phases me after the absurd kordell experiment.

devilsdancefloor
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM
OH man, thats just gas. Doctor gave me something for it and it went away.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zeko0h.gif

you win!:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt03::dri nk:

CanadianSteel
02-11-2010, 12:43 PM
I feel a bit nervouse before most games.....but then I have a good ole crap and feel much better by kick-off :joker:

DoubleYoi
02-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I get so nervous I end up throwing up before every game, no matter who the opponent. I went to the doctor and he told me I have "Lee Mays Syndrome."

Venom
02-12-2010, 05:52 AM
I usually drive my wife nuts. I take the bedroom 32 " tv and place it next to the living room 55" tv . Then grab her laptop and place it in front of me on a folding table . With my NFL Ticket on Directv , I have the Steelers on the big tv , another game on the bedroom tv and another one on the laptop. Ill watch 3 games at one time . Its like going to Hooters without the girls, lol. I love my Directv !!!!:tt04::tt02::tt:

mojawi
02-14-2010, 01:02 PM
It's a good time to be a Steelers fan. I feel like every game will be a win. I know Ben's going to do something great and I really look forward to seeing some good tackling and Holmes & Wallace. Man, we have some good ones.

:tt03:

Prok
02-16-2010, 11:36 AM
that was hilarious! never seen someone quote themselves and talk in 3 person :toofunny:

I figure being the newb i gotta go above and beyond. :drink:

Prok
02-16-2010, 11:53 AM
I usually drive my wife nuts. I take the bedroom 32 " tv and place it next to the living room 55" tv . Then grab her laptop and place it in front of me on a folding table . With my NFL Ticket on Directv , I have the Steelers on the big tv , another game on the bedroom tv and another one on the laptop. Ill watch 3 games at one time . Its like going to Hooters without the girls, lol. I love my Directv !!!!:tt04::tt02::tt:

Thats a pretty cool and inovative way to keep up with the games IMO. Kudos !!

:drink: