PDA

View Full Version : Miss GWB Yet?

revefsreleets
02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
This is a real billboard. Funny stuff...watch the libbies heads asplode!

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ww/news/2010/02/09/billboard.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1122

HometownGal
02-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm not embarrassed at all about admitting that I miss GWB. I'd take him and his policies - some of which I didn't necessarily agree with at times - hands down over this current, *cough* *choke* *gag* "administration".

Fire Haley
02-10-2010, 12:13 PM
No

but I hear JEB! might be coming back

Indo
02-10-2010, 12:14 PM
What she said

zulater
02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm not embarrassed at all about admitting that I miss GWB. I'd take him and his policies - some of which I didn't necessarily agree with at times - hands down over this current, *cough* *choke* *gag* "administration".

Ditto. :drink:

SteelerEmpire
02-10-2010, 01:05 PM
'Hilarious' skit about Bush... use your mouse to click / scroll to the 8 minute mark...lol... LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuZA3zBgI24 :rofl::rofl:

steelreserve
02-10-2010, 01:11 PM
No, I don't miss Bush a bit.

But yes, this shit is even worse.

revefsreleets
02-10-2010, 03:37 PM
It's becoming an increasingly uncomfortable realization for the left that they only have two choices: Either Bush WASN'T that bad, or Obama is far, far, far worse than they could have ever dreamed.

It's an impossible situation for a liberal, because both end them up at the same unacceptable conclusion: They were wrong.

steelreserve
02-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Well, that's what happens when they elect an extremist, basically just because he's the farthest opposite from Bush.

GBMelBlount
02-10-2010, 04:02 PM
They both spent like drunken sailors.

Bush was a bit tipsy but Obama is absolutely shitfaced. :chuckle:

Friends, we need a fiscal conservative and a lot of good fortune to right this ship.

silver & black
02-10-2010, 04:26 PM

:thumbsup:

Borski
02-10-2010, 04:29 PM
They both spent like drunken sailors.

Bush was a bit tipsy but Obama is absolutely shitfaced. :chuckle:

Friends, we need a fiscal conservative and a lot of good fortune to right this ship.

Romney '12

He had the best financial plan. He gets a lot of negative talk since he is Mormon, as much as I disagree with their faith my vote goes to the most qualified guy and in my opinion. that is Mitt Romney.

revefsreleets
02-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Romney '12

He had the best financial plan. He gets a lot of negative talk since he is Mormon, as much as I disagree with their faith my vote goes to the most qualified guy and in my opinion. that is Mitt Romney.

Actually, I, too, am willing to set aside my reservations about the Religiosity of some of the GOP candidates, even the kookiest of the kooks who believe in people riding Dinosaurs and the like at this point.

We need fiscal conservatives. As long as they don't end up nuking Russia to fulfil some mythical prophesy misinterpretation from 2000 years ago in the process and end up snuffing out all life as we know it in the process, I can deal with a little more fundamentalist weirdness for a few years.

HOWEVER, ANY GOP candidate could run for and win if he/she espoused THIS fiscal plan for restoration of the US governments financial debacle:

http://www.ohio.com/editorial/commentary/83994217.html

Cheerful prophet of deficit doom By Michael Gerson
Washington Post Writers Group

Published on Wednesday, Feb 10, 2010
WASHINGTON: The new era of Democratic bipartisanship, like cut flowers in a vase, wilted in less than a week.

During his question time at the House Republican retreat, President Obama elevated Congressman and budget expert Paul Ryan as a ''sincere guy'' whose budget blueprint which, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), eventually achieves a balanced budget has ''some ideas in there that I would agree with.'' Days later, Democratic legislators held a conference call to lambaste Ryan's plan as a vicious, voucherizing, privatizing assault on Social Security, Medicare and every non-millionaire American. Progressive advocacy groups and liberal bloggers joined the jeering in practiced harmony.

The attack ''came out of the Democratic National Committee, and that is the White House,'' Ryan told me, sounding both disappointed and unsurprised. On the deficit, Obama's outreach to Republicans has been a ploy, which is to say, a deception. Once again, a president so impressed by his own idealism has become the nation's main manufacturer of public cynicism.

To Ryan, the motivations of Democratic leaders are transparent. ''They had an ugly week of budget news. They are precipitating a debt crisis, with deficits that get up to 85 percent of GDP and never get to a sustainable level. They are flirting with economic disaster.'' So they are attempting some ''misdirection'' calling attention to Ryan's two-year-old budget roadmap, which proposes difficult entitlement reforms. When all else fails, change the subject to Republican heartlessness.

From a political perspective, Democratic leaders are right to single out Ryan for unkind attention. He is among their greatest, long-term threats. He possesses the appeal of a young Jack Kemp (for whom both Ryan and I once worked). Like Kemp, Ryan is aggressively likable, crackling with ideas and shockingly sincere.
But unlike Kemp who didn't give a rip for deficits, being focused exclusively on economic growth Ryan is the cheerful prophet of deficit doom. ''For the first generation of supply-siders,'' he explains, ''the fiscal balance sheet was not as bad. The second generation of supply-siders needs to be just as concerned about debt and deficits. They are the greatest threats to economic growth today.''
Fiscal Obamaism is not just a temporary, Keynesian, counter cyclicalspike in spending; it is deficits to infinity and beyond. ''It is the interest that kills you,'' Ryan says. In a few weeks, he expects the CBO to report that, in the 10th year of Obama's budget, the federal government will ''spend nearly a trillion dollars a year, just on interest! This traps us as a country. Inflation will wipe out savings and hurt people on fixed incomes. A plunging dollar will make goods more expensive.

High tax rates will undermine economic growth. It is the path of national decline.''
But unlike other deficit hawks, Ryan courageously some would say foolhardily presents his own alternative. His budget road map offers many proposals, but one big vision. Over time, Ryan concentrates government spending on the poor through means-tested programs, patching holes in the safety net while making entitlements more sustainable. He saves money by providing the middle class with defined-contribution benefits private retirement accounts and health vouchers that are more portable but less generous in the long run. And he expects a growing economy, liberated from debt and inflation, to provide more real gains for middle-class citizens than they lose from lower government benefits.
Ryanism is not only a technical solution to endless deficits; it represents an alternative political philosophy. For decades, culminating in the Obama health-reform proposal, Democrats have attempted to build a political constituency for the welfare state by expanding its provisions to larger and larger portions of the middle class. Ryan proposes a federal system that focuses on helping the poor, while encouraging the middle class to take more personal responsibility in a dynamic economy. It is the appeal of security vs. the appeal of independence and enterprise.

Both sides of this debate make serious arguments, rooted in differing visions of justice and freedom. But the advocates of security, including Obama, have a serious problem: They are currently on a path to economic ruin.

In his Kemp-like way, Ryan manages to find a bright side. ''The way I look at it, we were sleepwalking down this path anyway. The Democratic overreach woke people up. It was a splash of cold water in the face of every voter. Now we have a new, more serious conversation. And I'm not going to back down.''

Gerson is a Washington Post Writers Group columnist. He can be e-mailed at mgerson@globalengage.org.

GBMelBlount
02-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Actually, I, too, am willing to set aside my reservations about the Religiosity of some of the GOP candidates, even the kookiest of the kooks who believe in people riding Dinosaurs and the like at this point.

Now that's funny! :rofl:

revefsreleets
02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Now that's funny! :rofl:

Sarah Palin believes this way. So do a surprising number of conservative posters on this board.

GoSlash27
02-10-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't miss Dubya even a tiny bit, and I don't like the current administration either.
I'm hoping a decent candidate gets through the next GOP primary cycle. Fiscally conservative and pro-individual freedom/ responsibility.

The Patriot
02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Miss GWB Yet?

No, but this guy did.

http://s.buzzfeed.com/raw/bush-shoe-throw/bush-shoe-throw-03.gif

inbe4 shit storm :chuckle:

fansince'76
02-10-2010, 05:24 PM

They did, though, you know....

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/flintstones.gif

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

urgle burgle
02-10-2010, 06:16 PM
i used to ride a dinosaur both ways to school, up a hill, naked, in a snowstorm, 72 miles....does that count?

GBMelBlount
02-10-2010, 06:38 PM
i used to ride a dinosaur both ways to school, up a hill, naked, in a snowstorm, 72 miles....does that count?

Me too!

So YOU were that naked kid!!!!!! :toofunny:

HometownGal
02-10-2010, 06:38 PM
No, but this guy did.

Though that was the epitome of disrespect, I still chuckle every time I see that. :chuckle: :couch: Me thinks ol' George must have played dodgeball a lot as a kid. :laughing:

SteelerEmpire
02-10-2010, 07:12 PM
No, but this guy did.

I don't know whose faster.... Bush with his dodge ball skills or that guy that had time to crank off 2 rounds of size 13's.....

stillers4me
02-10-2010, 07:20 PM
What's funny is that he looks like he's trying to keep from laughing about it.

GBMelBlount
02-10-2010, 07:35 PM

He's thinking....

"Are you seriously trying to hurt me with your shoes? What's next, your socks you stinky footed bastard?" :chuckle:

RunWillieRun
02-10-2010, 10:10 PM
If that was me, I'd have picked them up and threw them back at the bastard

HometownGal
02-11-2010, 07:46 AM
If that was me, I'd have picked them up and threw them back at the bastard

Me too. :laughing: :thumbsup:

Texasteel
02-11-2010, 07:57 AM
They did, though, you know....

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/flintstones.gif

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Actually, that looks a lot like my first car.

Texasteel
02-11-2010, 08:01 AM
No, but this guy did.

Yes, and his family is probably still missing him too.

revefsreleets
02-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Funny....I read in the paper today that Obama's next big push is a tax break to spur on job creation.

Wait a second. Aren't tax breaks part of the evil, puppy strangling GOP agenda to starve poor people and eat their babies? Wasn't this a horrible idea when Bush implemented it and McCain campaigned with it?

What has changed since?

Godfather
02-11-2010, 09:51 AM

Yeah, that's why I couldn't get worked up about the incident. If W found it amusing, and wasn't in any physical danger, it's hard to be offended.

I just wish we could have brought the shoe thrower to New Orleans the other night since Nagin was in town for once.

zulater
02-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Funny....I read in the paper today that Obama's next big push is a tax break to spur on job creation.

Wait a second. Aren't tax breaks part of the evil, puppy strangling GOP agenda to starve poor people and eat their babies? Wasn't this a horrible idea when Bush implemented it and McCain campaigned with it?

What has changed since?

My guess.

The reality of reasonable options looks a lot different from the inside than from the outside.

Obama is finding out what all idealists do once they gain some degree of actual power. That being, that sometimes in the big bad ugly world you have to make a choice of what you perceive to be the lesser of two evils. There's not always a clear pristine, visionary path, in fact strike that, there's almost never a clear pristine, visionary path available in important affairs of state for a superpower.

Now lets hope he starts applying a more pragmatic approach to matters of defense and security.