PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Offseason Signing Thread

supa_fly_steeler
02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I thought this would be a good place to see all the new offseason signings instead of about 40 new threads that will hardly get commented on because we dont know much about them.

:tt04:

Prok
02-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Can we also put our wish list here ?? lol

No particular order:

1: Above average Safety opposite Troy.

2: Above average RG/C

3: CB that excels in man coverage. (Note to LeBeau: You must put him at the line instead of 10 yard cushion to find this out !!) :applaudit:

4: Young upcomer at either NT/DT or DE. Who knows, maybe trade for a Julius Peppers and switch us to the 4-3. (This one will go over like a lead balloon LOL)

5: Any combination of the above, through draft and free agency, gives us another 4 to 5 year window of SB contending IMO.

:tt: :drink: :tt:

supa_fly_steeler
02-10-2010, 01:30 PM

No particular order:

3: CB that excels in man coverage. (Note to LeBeau: You must put him at the line instead of 10 yard cushion to find this out !!) :applaudit:

4: Young upcomer at either NT/DT or DE. Who knows, maybe trade for a Julius Peppers and switch us to the 4-3. (This one will go over like a lead balloon LOL)

5: Any combination of the above, through draft and free agency, gives us another 4 to 5 year window of SB contending IMO.

1. We can get that in Ryan Clark and the Draft.

3. After leading the league in passing allowed in 2008, after a down year in 2009 you want a new cornerback. just a side note that Bryan McFadden was the worst performing Cornerback in the league. I wouldn't draft a Cornerback to start yet.

4. Draft

5. Draft ;) :P

solardave
02-10-2010, 01:41 PM

No particular order:

We can't afford Peppers but just so you know. He wants to play in a 3-4.

supa_fly_steeler
02-10-2010, 01:43 PM

wayyy to much money no thanks. I have faith in Ziggy and Aaron for a couple of more years, would rather want a 23 year old rookie than a old veteran like Pepers hes 30 now why would we want him waste of garbage plan for the future not for temporarily short term fix ;)

Prok
02-10-2010, 01:55 PM

lol

Was just a hypothetical...

On the other points: Do you guys REALLY believe we can cure all our ills through strictly the draft ??

I'd have no problem at all if we were to actively persue some veteran help through FA or trade. Especially with an un-capped year looming. Many think we tend to strictly use the draft but imo we are very capable of signing or trading for a vet or 2 to help.

bmickman47
02-10-2010, 06:49 PM
I saw something about the steelers being interested in Antonio Cromartie, which would be an solid addition to our secondary, but he is under contract and we would need to trade for him

Chidi29
02-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I saw something about the steelers being interested in Antonio Cromartie, which would be an solid addition to our secondary, but he is under contract and we would need to trade for him

Cromartie is overrated and isn't the playmaker he was when he first entered the league.

Besides, he's lazy in run support, a key to LeBeau's defense.

BleedBlacknGold0
02-10-2010, 08:54 PM
If they dont resign Clark, would Danael(sp) Manning of the Bears be a fit? I dont know much about him.

Prok
02-10-2010, 09:23 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/db.html

Nice list of potential FA CB's and S's.

Chidi29
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/db.html

Nice list of potential FA CB's and S's.

And look at all the RFAs....

This is what I was referring to when I said in another thread that this was going to be a very quiet free agency season.

Psyychoward86
02-10-2010, 09:48 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222043

loooooooool

Prok
02-10-2010, 11:19 PM
And look at all the RFAs....

This is what I was referring to when I said in another thread that this was going to be a very quiet free agency season.

That part about the CBA FA's gets me. Does that mean IF a new CBA is reached those players are free to sign anywhere WITHOUT the worry of a franchise or transition tag ??

And as far as restricted, we'd have to tender high offers PLUS give up picks ?