PDA

View Full Version : Newly Released Aerial Images of Twin Towers 9/11 Attack...

revefsreleets
02-10-2010, 04:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/new-images-of-9-11-released-18068997

Unless you've been to Manhatten, the scale probably won't resonate, but this is incredible stuff...

stillers4me
02-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks for posting, revs. Every chance I get, I ingrain those images in my brain. I don't ever want to forget what that day felt like. Never, ever forget.

zulater
02-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Staggering. :shake01:

I always wondered why they didn't try to do any sort of rooftop rescue that day? Even if the towers hadn't collapsed, anyone on the floors above the impact area would have been dead saving a rescue from above right?

HometownGal
02-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Gosh that was awesome, but eerie. :horror:

I'll never forget that horrific day and the sheer anger I still feel every time I read a reference to or see photos of 911. :mad: :mad:

Fire Haley
02-10-2010, 05:59 PM
I learned everything I need to know about Islam on 9/11

Vincent
02-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I learned everything I need to know about Islam on 9/11

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/islam-from-a-germans-view-dont-look-the-other-way-share/question-737717/

Islam from a German's View

This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. This is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist:

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. 'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun. Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.. As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts--the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Martin Nemoeller, a decorated U-Boat Captain, first supported Hitler’s rise to power. He learned his lesson too late. Here is what he said:

“They came first for the communists, and I did not speak up because I was not a communist; And, then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak up because I was not a trade unionist; And, then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up because I was not a Jew."

Fire Haley
02-10-2010, 08:17 PM
So what you're saying is Obamalord as the war-monger has now got control of the Generals, saying "Global Warming is our #1 National Security threat.'

Find a bunker, that's what I say - - - with a moat ,if you can afford it.

SteelMember
02-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Not seeing it. :noidea:

SteelCityMom
02-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the vid...too many people have put the emotions of that day on the backburner.

I still think one of the biggest travesties (outside of the actual attack) was that there has still been nothing done to rebuild the area. It should have been rebuilt within a year or two...and it shouldn't be some kind of tribute building, it should be the towers themselves. Nothing would show that the American people are truly resilient and unafraid of those bastards than quickly rebuilding that site. It's a slap in the face to those who lost friends and family member as well that nothing has been done there.

steelerdude15
02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll never forget where I was that day, I know exactly what I was doing at that moment the first plane struck. Horrible.

Vincent
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the vid...too many people have put the emotions of that day on the backburner.

I still think one of the biggest travesties (outside of the actual attack) was that there has still been nothing done to rebuild the area. It should have been rebuilt within a year or two...and it shouldn't be some kind of tribute building, it should be the towers themselves. Nothing would show that the American people are truly resilient and unafraid of those bastards than quickly rebuilding that site. It's a slap in the face to those who lost friends and family member as well that nothing has been done there.

I think an appropriate monument would be to replicate each of the towers in the charred craters that were previously mecca and medina.

urgle burgle
02-11-2010, 04:07 PM
that day changed the world forever. i saw this documentary the other day. very powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXnA9FjvLSU&feature=related

titled "The Falling Man". parts will make you speechless.

Leftoverhard
02-11-2010, 10:08 PM
that day changed the world forever. i saw this documentary the other day. very powerful.

Thank you for posting that. That was well done and indeed powerful. The sister at the end had some amazingly insightful things to say. "I hope we're not trying to find out who he is, but who we are." Wow.

urgle burgle
02-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Thank you for posting that. That was well done and indeed powerful. The sister at the end had some amazingly insightful things to say. "I hope we're not trying to find out who he is, but who we are." Wow.

your welcome. i just happened on it while i was finding some "seconds to disaster" episodes on youtube. the quote you mentioned puts it the best, i think. it wasnt so much about finding out who that specific person was, but TO find out who we are, and to not forget the horror of the day. not just remember the heroics. especially in the times we now live in, which were shaped by that day.

tony hipchest
02-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Staggering. :shake01:

I always wondered why they didn't try to do any sort of rooftop rescue that day? Even if the towers hadn't collapsed, anyone on the floors above the impact area would have been dead saving a rescue from above right?like the link urgle posts below says, all the access doors to the roof were locked and the helicopter coulsnt approach anyways due to the smoke.

thanks for the link. i have seen this one but only once. i had to watch all the coverage from work on a fuzzy old 13" blackk and white television.

when i got home, i popped in a vhs and recorded for the rest of the evening. i got about 2 tapes full of the live coverage, and about 3-4 other documentaries (from discovery and the learning chanel) recorded.

but not this one. last year on the anniversary, one of the news chanels replayed all of the live coverage (i think it was msnbc) called "120 minutes", and i finally got all the live footage on DVR in color.

the best documetary i have is of the 2 french brothers, who happened to be documenting the life of an NYC firehouse on the day it happened. (i wanna say it was with firehouse 19). they actually rode along, and even got film from inside, before the towes fell.

i would say it is the best documentary ever, especially for anyone who imagines what it must have been like there on that day (footage is captured where you can hear the bodies hitting outside, and of one of the brothers running out of the building, trying to escape as it collapses).

while i have only watched it 3 times, i recorded it because i knew if i ever had i child i would want it available for them to wach if they ever desired when they were older.

its like having footage aboard the USS arizona when japan struck pear harbor. i saved this link because i feel it is so important to remember.

it kinda strikes me as odd that it took so long for these stunning new arial images to be released. what is that all about?

Galax Steeler
02-13-2010, 06:08 AM
That still sends chills down my spine.

urgle burgle
02-13-2010, 12:06 PM
like the link urgle posts below says, all the access doors to the roof were locked and the helicopter coulsnt approach anyways due to the smoke.

thanks for the link. i have seen this one but only once. i had to watch all the coverage from work on a fuzzy old 13" blackk and white television.

when i got home, i popped in a vhs and recorded for the rest of the evening. i got about 2 tapes full of the live coverage, and about 3-4 other documentaries (from discovery and the learning chanel) recorded.

but not this one. last year on the anniversary, one of the news chanels replayed all of the live coverage (i think it was msnbc) called "120 minutes", and i finally got all the live footage on DVR in color.

the best documetary i have is of the 2 french brothers, who happened to be documenting the life of an NYC firehouse on the day it happened. (i wanna say it was with firehouse 19). they actually rode along, and even got film from inside, before the towes fell.

i would say it is the best documentary ever, especially for anyone who imagines what it must have been like there on that day (footage is captured where you can hear the bodies hitting outside, and of one of the brothers running out of the building, trying to escape as it collapses).

while i have only watched it 3 times, i recorded it because i knew if i ever had i child i would want it available for them to wach if they ever desired when they were older.

its like having footage aboard the USS arizona when japan struck pear harbor. i saved this link because i feel it is so important to remember.

it kinda strikes me as odd that it took so long for these stunning new arial images to be released. what is that all about?

from what ive gleaned, they were being held all this time as evidence and intell, and someone finally did a freedom of informatin act on them.
i will forever remember this day. i was in Korea, and we had an alert that morning (as we do every month), i was acting Plt. Sgt. that day, and one of my squad leaders didnt get back til about midnight. we were 14 hours ahead of the East Coast. i left a note for him to wake me up when he got back, so i had 100% accountability. he comes running in, and says "dude you gotta see this.." and turns on the TV. i see the first tower on fire...as we are watching, and the understanding was not yet this was an attack, i watch the second tower get hit.
my mom then calls and is worried and asks if im allright and whats going on here. we dont have any addtional alerts until the next morning. the funny thing, we lock the base down, start doing patrols and security, but still do not issue live rounds at this point. its not until a few days later live rounds are issued. and we were on the Western Corridor, i could see North Korea from my barracks. funny that....

and tony, i saw the documentary you are talking about...very good one.

7SteelGal43
02-13-2010, 12:31 PM
WE WILL NEVER FORGET !

tony hipchest
02-13-2010, 01:05 PM
WE WILL NEVER FORGET !

im sure everyone remembers father judge, the fireman chaplain who was killed at the scene (i beleive he was there giving last rights to the fallen).

this is the inside footage of the firemen who survived the collapse from the documentary i was talking about. very scary. it is amazing anyone got out. they are the ones who discovered (caught on tape) the father had been killed. if anyone hasnt seen this entire show or the one urgle posted above, they are must see...
ux49uMHDO84

Galax Steeler
02-13-2010, 01:19 PM
im sure everyone remembers father judge, the fireman chaplain who was killed at the scene (i beleive he was there giving last rights to the fallen).

this is the inside footage of the firemen who survived the collapse from the documentary i was talking about. very scary. it is amazing anyone got out. they are the ones who discovered (caught on tape) the father had been killed. if anyone hasnt seen this entire show or the one urgle posted above, they are must see...
ux49uMHDO84

That is totally amazing. Thanks for sharing Tony all I can say is wow!!

tony hipchest
02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
That is totally amazing. Thanks for sharing Tony all I can say is wow!!

i couldnt find the entire thing but it can be ordered fairly cheap on amazon. well worth the price.

http://www.amazon.com/11-Filmmakers-Commemorative-Tony-Benatatos/dp/B00006B1HI

Amazon.com
Originally broadcast on CBS in March 2002, 9/11 is an extraordinary record of that fateful day in New York City. This one-of-a-kind documentary was originally conceived as a portrait of 21-year-old Tony Benetatos, a firefighter trainee at Manhattan's Duane Street firehouse, located seven blocks from the World Trade Center. By the time filming was finished, brothers Jules and Gedeon Naudet had captured history in the making, including the only image of the first jetliner striking Tower 1, and the only footage from within the tower as it collapsed. This is not, however, a film about the murderous nightmare of terrorism. It's the ultimate rite-of-passage drama, more immediate and meaningful than any fiction film could be, with Benetatos and his supportive colleagues emerging as heroes of the first order. Sensitively narrated by codirector and fellow firefighter James Hanlon, 9/11 will endure forever as a tribute to those, living and dead, who witnessed hell on that sunny Tuesday morning. --Jeff Shannon
Product Description
THIS HEARTFELT DOCUMENTARY WAS CREATED AND PERSONALLY SUPERVISED BY THE AWARD-WINNING FRENCH FILMMAKERS JULES & GEDEON NAUDET WHO SIMPLY SET OUT TO MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT A ROOKIE NEW YORK CITY FIREMAN FROM ENGINE 7, LADDER 1 AND ENDED UPFILMING AN EVENT THAT CHANGED OUR LIVES FOREVER.

Leftoverhard
02-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Tony - I've always thought that French doc is possibly the best documentary ever. I bought that as soon as it came out.