PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Release Antonio Pierce

steelpride12
02-11-2010, 01:36 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/02/ny_giants_release_linebacker_a.html

After five seasons, a Super Bowl championship, a tumultuous 2008 season, an air horn in the locker room, a serious neck injury and plenty of other ups and downs as an outspoken defensive captain, Antonio Pierce's time with the Giants is over.

The team has released its middle linebacker, Pierce said in an e-mail Thursday afternoon.

Pierce, 32, had one season remaining on the contract he signed as a free agent in 2005. But a bulging disk suffered last season might have played into the Giants' decision to cut him now.

"I'm doing great, feeling great," Pierce wrote. "Looking forward to endless possibilities. Loved every moment as a NY GIANT."

The Giants will announce the transaction shortly.

More to come.

DoubleYoi
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/02/ny_giants_release_linebacker_a.html

I give it an hour before every person on this board is clammoring to sign Pierce and release Farrior.

Indo
02-11-2010, 02:40 PM
I give it an hour before every person on this board is clammoring to sign Pierce and release Farrior.

An hour? I was gonna give it three----but you may be right...

"Pierce in B&G in 5...4...3...2..."

DoubleYoi
02-11-2010, 02:43 PM
An hour? I was gonna give it three----but you may be right...

"Pierce in B&G in 5...4...3...2..."

He should go play with the Bengals given his run-in with the law in Plax's deal. Or better yet, he should play with the Ravens since he's only an accomplice.

Indo
02-11-2010, 03:09 PM
He should go play with the Bengals given his run-in with the law in Plax's deal. Or better yet, he should play with the Ravens since he's only an accomplice.

:toofunny:

Maybe the Reverend Ray "Stabbit" Lewis can help him to change his ways

steelerdude15
02-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Best friend is a Giants fan, he's happy about it.

Psyychoward86
02-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Im really shocked by this. But i guess that bulging disc sounds like something that could cause some serious long-term problems so i can understand why they let him go. Whoever picks him up will be getting the fruitful end of the deal imo.

supa_fly_steeler
02-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Yesss.

Less chance the Giants now to draft Earl Thomas. They may go get McClain or Weatherspoon or Spikes now.

This my brother is a glorious day who believe in Earl Thomas.

Steel-Bryan
02-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Yesss.

Less chance the Giants now to draft Earl Thomas. They may go get McClain or Weatherspoon or Spikes now.

This my brother is a glorious day who believe in Earl Thomas.

Now we need the 49ers to do a stupid thing or 2.

Galax Steeler
02-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Now we need the 49ers to do a stupid thing or 2.

I have seen several mocks having them taking Spiller from Clemson hopefully they will do this and open up the door for us. He would be a reach at no.12 so if they pick Spiller it will be with there second pick in the first round and hopefully that will push Thomas to us.

SteelMember
02-12-2010, 08:28 AM

There may be a few, but Pierce is about as slow, if not slower than Farrior.

Lateral move for us. :noidea: