PDA

View Full Version : Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

jonslow
02-12-2010, 01:39 AM
http://www.sidelinescouting.net/mock/

We've also fired up the message boards for anyone interested in talking draft with the guys from Sideline.

We just posted an interview with Ryan Mathews and have an interview with Mardy Gilyard about to go up.

Stop on over and check it all out.

:thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
02-12-2010, 04:35 AM
I have seen more and more mock drafts having us taking Williams. I am still high on Thomas at this point but if we can't get him then this pick would be fine with me.

supa_fly_steeler
02-12-2010, 06:29 AM
For me i don't like the Dan Williams pick he was over controlled by the Hokies in that Bowl game maybe the whole team played bad? I don't know...

SteelMember
02-12-2010, 08:15 AM
I have seen more and more mock drafts having us taking Williams. I am still high on Thomas at this point but if we can't get him then this pick would be fine with me.

Well, if at #18 your paying by the pound, he is the better value. :chuckle:

Aussie_steeler
02-12-2010, 07:25 PM
1. Dan Wiliams NT
2. Brandon Ghee CB
3. Darrell Stuckey SS
4. Ed Wang OT

#1 Dan Williams - good pick. I can understand your logic in passing on Earl Thomas. The possiblility of losing Casey is real.

#2 Brandon Ghee - I would have looked at Nate Allen FS before a CB. I guess your reasoning is that Clark will be resigned and Ryan Mundy is going to develop down the line.

#3 Darrell Stuckey - a good player but he cant play FS. He will be a good backup to Troy but I think there are greater needs. Major Wright at FS or Chancellor as a SS / FS??? Do you see Stuckey as being a player who could also handle FS?

#4 Ed Wang - I can understand going OT but is Roger Saffold going to be an OG or an OT. He is being projected as an OT that is climbing the boards. Wang is rated behind Saffold in most rankings. What is it that you see separates the two at this pick.

BKAnthem
02-13-2010, 06:41 PM
I still think Wilson Or Robinson is a better pick at 1...a NT can be had later.....if Hampton Bounces Hoke has shown he is more than capable of stepping in for a year while someone develops behind him...We also need a guard....and an ILB...

supa_fly_steeler
02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, if at #18 your paying by the pound, he is the better value. :chuckle:

I going to disagree with this, Dan Williams we would only pick at 18th because there are no good other nose tackles at the 2nd round when we pick because Cody and others will be gone.

jonslow
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
#1 Dan Williams - good pick. I can understand your logic in passing on Earl Thomas. The possiblility of losing Casey is real.

#2 Brandon Ghee - I would have looked at Nate Allen FS before a CB. I guess your reasoning is that Clark will be resigned and Ryan Mundy is going to develop down the line.

#3 Darrell Stuckey - a good player but he cant play FS. He will be a good backup to Troy but I think there are greater needs. Major Wright at FS or Chancellor as a SS / FS??? Do you see Stuckey as being a player who could also handle FS?

#4 Ed Wang - I can understand going OT but is Roger Saffold going to be an OG or an OT. He is being projected as an OT that is climbing the boards. Wang is rated behind Saffold in most rankings. What is it that you see separates the two at this pick.

The thing that makes doing a four-round mock for a site is that we can't worry about specific teams getting players we want them to take. Myself and my colleagues are all fans of different teams. I (as the Steelers fan) know what we need, but I have to keep my personal bias out of the pick choices and instead think about who each team will likely take.

Personally, I want Mike Iupati, Patrick Robinson or Earl Thomas in the first, but we had to conduct the mock as it will likely happen, so some of those choices weren't available. And frankly, at #18, Dan Williams is value-- based on the fact that this is a weak NT class and the need is there, especially after Hampton said he'd be upset with a franchise tag.

supa_fly_steeler
02-15-2010, 07:40 PM
The thing that makes doing a four-round mock for a site is that we can't worry about specific teams getting players we want them to take. Myself and my colleagues are all fans of different teams. I (as the Steelers fan) know what we need, but I have to keep my personal bias out of the pick choices and instead think about who each team will likely take.

Personally, I want Mike Iupati, Patrick Robinson or Earl Thomas in the first, but we had to conduct the mock as it will likely happen, so some of those choices weren't available. And frankly, at #18, Dan Williams is value-- based on the fact that this is a weak NT class and the need is there, especially after Hampton said he'd be upset with a franchise tag.

Yes yes yes Patrick Robinson.

Btw will you be able to get a interview with him? I fear the Vikings may get him :\ Right now im alternating between Thomas/Robinson/Wilson as first round picks for us.

I'm slowly starting to start loosening up on dan williams but meh as long as robinson lives he's my pick!