PDA

View Full Version : I've got a C-4 and an L-4,5...

Suitanim
02-02-2006, 08:15 PM
And am basically incapacitated, mostly by the Lumbar 4-5. The Cervical 4 has been fixed.

That's the bad news...the good news is I have a free pass off work until Tuesday, so I can recover while simultaneously prognosticating about the big game.

Conversely, for those SF'ers who don't care for me, sorry Charlie!

SteelerDan43
02-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey get well man!

From your fellow cripple

Prosdo
02-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Get well soon Suit!

SteelerzGirl
02-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Awwww... I'm very sorry to hear that, Suit... I do, however, hope you are able to enjoy your time off. :smile:

http://img.123greetings.com/thumbs/gen_getwell/1012-007-57-1068.gif

Suitanim
02-02-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm going to spread my time between Doom 3 and re-educating Seattle fans...

BB2W
02-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Wow Suit... that sounds bad. I've never had an injury like that. Good luck, and what happened???

Hawk Believer
02-03-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm going to spread my time between Doom 3 and re-educating Seattle fans...
:rolleyes: So what exactly is wrong with those vertebra? Disc problems? Hope your better soon.

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Wow Suit... that sounds bad. I've never had an injury like that. Good luck, and what happened???

C4 was from the wreck, and the doctor is speculating that the slipped disc is also...however, the lower back happened when I (this is so stupid, too) making my bed.

I could barely walk Wednesday, but I'm much better now...a steady diet of Ibuprofin and beer has seemed to do the trick!

Ambridge
02-03-2006, 03:24 PM
I hope you feel better Suit.

I know from experience that back pain can be extremely excruciating. Fifteen years ago I had surgery to repair a ruptured disc between my L 4 and L5.
The pain down the back of my leg was absolutely horrible and I was miserable for close to three weeks until I was properly diagnosed.
The big mistake I made and would advise against doing is going to a Chiropractor. The jerk I went too kept telling me there was nothing wrong with my back and that several back and hip adjustments would fix my problem.
What a Quack-wannabe.

Anyway sounds like a good opportunity to catch up on your beer drinking and to take it easy.
At least you picked a good weekend to rest up and do nothing.

BB2W
02-03-2006, 03:29 PM
however, the lower back happened when I (this is so stupid, too) was making my bed.
:rofl: I'm sorry Suit...

You really shoud consider stretching before doing anything as strenuous as making your bed. I hope you feel better soon.

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 03:30 PM
A guy I work with actually blew out his back while shaving...yes, his face.

Apparently, if your back is ready to go, it's gonna go.

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 03:37 PM
The big mistake I made and would advise against doing is going to a Chiropractor.

Well, I actually AM seeing a chiro, but this guys pretty good. He fixed my neck right up. This guy's no back quack...he has a masters in nutrition, is a licensed masso-therapist, and also practices sports medicine and treats quite a few local athletes...

Hawk Believer
02-03-2006, 03:37 PM
That sucks Suit. I work in rehab. You are definately not the first person to screw up their lumbar spine making a bed. Its pretty hard to maintain ideal body mechanics while you are doing it, especially if its a big bed or you are in a rush and don't want to walk around to both sides.

Regarding chiropracters.... I don't work with them at all and I have a bias towards MDs and physical therapists instead. That being said, I think there are a lot of really good chiropracters out there who help a lot of people. I would always check to see if they had any complaints registered with their state board before I used one. There is a higher risk for harm being done to you whenever manipulations are involved, so you want to make sure the person has diagnosed things right and has explored more conservative options. And if you find one that starts saying he can cure your cold or athlete's foot or whatever wiht a manipulation... run, crawl, roll - get away by whatever means you can...

SteelerDan43
02-03-2006, 03:40 PM
The first guy I went to see about my shoulder said it was a strained rotator cuff, now the team doc says its torn cartlidge.... Message to the story, Always get a second opinion