PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

supa_fly_steeler
02-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Coroner: Nothing in toxicology report contributed to Adams' death

Associated Press

GREENWOOD, S.C. -- A toxicology report shows defensive end Gaines Adams had marijuana and alcohol in his system when he died. But Greenwood County Coroner Jim Coursey says nothing found in the report contributed to Adams' death.

The report showed Adams had a blood-alcohol level of 0.021 percent. That's well below the 0.08 percent at which South Carolina drivers are considered intoxicated.

The toxicology report was obtained by The Index-Journal of Greenwood through a Freedom of Information Act request and the results were published in Saturday's newspaper.

The 26-year-old former Clemson standout died Jan. 17 in Greenwood. An autopsy showed the cause of death to be a heart attack caused by an enlarged heart.

Coursey has repeatedly said nothing found in the toxicology report contributed to Adams' death.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81661bc4&template=with-video&confirm=true

tony hipchest
02-13-2010, 07:56 PM
i believe .02 equates to about a 1/4-1/2 can of beer, or tablespoonful of jack daniels, and marijuana never killed anyone.

i kinda found it strange the entire league went into mourning and practically held a vigil before each game in each stadium the week after chris henry's death, yet absolutely nothing for gaines adams, who by all accounts, was a good guy who didnt need to turn his life around, and whos death was also an unexpected tragedy.

i guess since chris could have prevented his, made it worth all the accolades and video highlights, and kind words from the rest of the league.

CantStop85
02-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Misleading thread title is misleading.

lionslicer
02-14-2010, 03:12 AM
i believe .02 equates to about a 1/4-1/2 can of beer, or tablespoonful of jack daniels, and marijuana never killed anyone.

i kinda found it strange the entire league went into mourning and practically held a vigil before each game in each stadium the week after chris henry's death, yet absolutely nothing for gaines adams, who by all accounts, was a good guy who didnt need to turn his life around, and whos death was also an unexpected tragedy.

i guess since chris could have prevented his, made it worth all the accolades and video highlights, and kind words from the rest of the league.

For a guy his size, .02 is actually a 2-8 full beers depending on how his body reacts to alcohol.

Anyways, he's probably not an alcoholic and a lot of NFL players smoke marijuana.

Galax Steeler
02-14-2010, 05:56 AM
For a guy his size, .02 is actually a 2-8 full beers depending on how his body reacts to alcohol.

Anyways, he's probably not an alcoholic and a lot of NFL players smoke marijuana.

Agreed it is no big deal alot of them do it.

supa_fly_steeler
02-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Misleading thread title is misleading.

I copied it off nfl.com title.

Im sorry if all the attention if going off that convict when Gaines Adam should of had the attention since he was a great dude who never had underage sex with girls 5 years younger than him still in high school, then also didnt go and throw a bottle at and old man in a car claiming it was someone else.

Again im real sorry the attention is of Chris now.

R.I.P. Gaines Adams

CantStop85
02-14-2010, 11:00 AM
I copied it off nfl.com title.

Im sorry if all the attention if going off that convict when Gaines Adam should of had the attention since he was a great dude who never had underage sex with girls 5 years younger than him still in high school, then also didnt go and throw a bottle at and old man in a car claiming it was someone else.

Again im real sorry the attention is of Chris now.

R.I.P. Gaines Adams

:doh:

I said it was misleading because it made it sound like the alcohol and marijuana somehow contributed to his passing, which it did not.

supa_fly_steeler
02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
:doh:

I said it was misleading because it made it sound like the alcohol and marijuana somehow contributed to his passing, which it did not.

Well don't complain then because it's NFL.COM property.

Nadroj 20
02-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Well don't complain then because it's NFL.COM property.

NLF.com can make misleading titles, which in this case they did.

The title is misleading i dont care who came up with it...