PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl - Harrisons Int... Ben to Holmes throw and catch.

WPAathletics.com
02-14-2010, 02:45 PM
ESPN just aired highlights from our Super Bowl victory.

After going nearly a year without watching it, it brought chills to the spine.

Here is my question.

Harrisons INT return before half, and Bens throw and catch to Holmes to win the game... are those the best offensive and defensive plays in Steeler history, respectively?

steelerdude15
02-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Defensively yes, the Immaculate Reception is the best play... ever.

SuzyPeppercorn
02-14-2010, 09:10 PM
The immaculate reception the best play ever? It is one of the most unbelievable plays i have ever seen, but it is hard to vote against Holmes' catch to win the superbowl. I would give the nod to Holmes' catch simply because it puts the 6th lombardi on the trophy shelf.

Harrison's interception is one of the greatest defensive plays ever. Harrison should have been considered for MVP of the superbowl.

Galax Steeler
02-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Both plays were remarkable they were game changers. The Holmes catch was one of the greatest in my book and would be hard to beat.

WPAathletics.com
02-15-2010, 08:56 AM
The throw to Holmes was so incredible in that if it was thrown 1 inch lower, it would have been batted down, if not intercepted. If it had been thrown 1 inch higher, Holmes wouldnt have got both feet down. It was literally a perfect throw, and an incredible catch.

Best play of the decade? By any team?