PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook might not be a Eagle anymore.

steelerdude15
02-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Thought this would be a little interesting. If he leaves, where does everyone think he'll go?
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/13/westbrook-not-sure-if-hell-be-back-with-eagles/

lionslicer
02-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Not the Steelers

:yeehaw:

steelerdude15
02-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Haha of course not... I see him going to Oakland.

steelerdave1969
02-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Say what you want, but the man would be a great asset on 3rd downs in our offense. He can catch the ball and blocks well in the passing game... Experience

devilsdancefloor
02-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Say what you want, but the man would be a great asset on 3rd downs in our offense. He can catch the ball and blocks well in the passing game... Experience

but he is always injured the pst few years. He was a great back, but i think he is past his prime for sure. i dont wanna see another ex-eagles RB in sweats on the steelers sideline.

lionslicer
02-14-2010, 10:26 PM
It will be interesting to see where he goes. He's expensive, Raiders don't have that much cap room. He's also a WestCoast style running back. I can see him going to the Bucs, Seahawks, or Bills who are rebuilding, who knows what offensive scheme they'll have next year.

lionslicer
02-14-2010, 10:28 PM

He'll cost too much to just be a 3rd down back, and moore is pretty much a stronger version of Westbrook, and is a better blocker and runner than him. We just don't utilize running backs in the passing game enough.

Galax Steeler
02-15-2010, 04:46 AM
I for one would not want to see him in Pittsburgh. Westbrook has some rough miles on him and is getting injury prone. He would be riding the pine more then he would be playing.

supa_fly_steeler
02-15-2010, 06:09 AM
but he is always injured the pst few years. He was a great back, but i think he is past his prime for sure. i dont wanna see another ex-eagles RB in sweats on the steelers sideline.

http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/duce1.jpg

:chuckle:

Psyychoward86
02-15-2010, 05:57 PM
He'll cost too much to just be a 3rd down back, and moore is pretty much a stronger version of Westbrook, and is a better blocker and runner than him. We just don't utilize running backs in the passing game enough.

lol, no to two of those. Better blocker yeah, definitely not stronger and a better rusher

steelreserve
02-15-2010, 07:24 PM
It will be interesting to see where he goes. He's expensive, Raiders don't have that much cap room. He's also a WestCoast style running back. I can see him going to the Bucs, Seahawks, or Bills who are rebuilding, who knows what offensive scheme they'll have next year.

Uhhh .... everybody has cap room this year, remember?

Still, I probably see him going to the Patriots, because of what I just mentioned and also because it would be about the one thing that would piss everyone off the most.

lionslicer
02-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Uhhh .... everybody has cap room this year, remember?

Still, I probably see him going to the Patriots, because of what I just mentioned and also because it would be about the one thing that would piss everyone off the most.

Whatever, I don't care, Like when I first posted this and other posts on this forum about no cap, NFL origionally said no CAP in 2011, that was the whole idea, then it changed to 2010. Steelers are making their own Salary cap, other teams are more than likely to do that, so there will be a cap for some teams, there for he can be too expensive, there for I win.

Even if there is no cap, players can still be too expensive. Teams just don't have Billions of dollars to spend. Owners tend to not spend their own money on teams... I can see Jerry Jones doing that and getting like every overrpaid player on the cowboys, but thats it... There's technically no Cap in Baseball, and as you can see, teams still don't have money to spend on crazy good players.