PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees' House

Indo
02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
These are photos of Drew Brees' House...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/brees_house_2.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/IMG00404-20100208-1436.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/IMG00401-20100208-1435.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/IMG00406-20100208-1518.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/IMG00407-20100208-1518.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/IMG00408-20100208-1519.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/IMG00410-20100208-1519.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/IMG00409-20100208-1519.jpg

Vincent
02-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Everything about this is just so right. After what that city went through. After what Drew went through. The doc that did his shoulder gave him 1 in 500 he'd play again. And then we see them grind through the playoffs and win it all. The Brees' love that city and its people and have immersed themselves in giving and working with kids. The city loves them back and you see it in all those signs and flowers. Gets me behind the ol ballpoint.

Thanks for posting the pics Indo!!

jonslow
02-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Everything about this is just so right. After what that city went through. After what Drew went through. The doc that did his shoulder gave him 1 in 500 he'd play again. And then we see them grind through the playoffs and win it all. The Brees' love that city and its people and have immersed themselves in giving and working with kids. The city loves them back and you see it in all those signs and flowers. Gets me behind the ol ballpoint.

I have to agree. So often I get annoyed with the hype of a single player for too long. It gets to be a media standard to publicize any incredible story until no one cares anymore. Regardless, I don't see this turning into the proverbial "dead horse beating" a lot of stories turn into.

For the city, for the Saints and for Brees (as well as all the other New Orleans players with a ring), it's just well-deserved praise.

Indo
02-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Yep

Brees has Embraced the City...and it Truly has Embraced him...

tony hipchest
02-15-2010, 06:35 PM
nice house. that seems to be a very modest and humble home.

what is property value there like? i would guess the house itself is just as valuable as the land it sits on.

a home like that here, brand new, would probably cost $500,000 (and thats with an acre of land).

drew always seemed like a very down to earth type of guy, which has gotta be the biggest reason he is so well liked.

The Patriot
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
It's amazing how people who are faced with the most adversity in life tend to be the most kindhearted.

supa_fly_steeler
02-15-2010, 06:53 PM
nice house. that seems to be a very modest and humble home.

what is property value there like? i would guess the house itself is just as valuable as the land it sits on.

a home like that here, brand new, would probably cost $500,000 (and thats with an acre of land).

drew always seemed like a very down to earth type of guy, which has gotta be the biggest reason he is so well liked.

I think some artifacts in side might make up for the big bucks he makes... Add those horny ****s and the price skyrockets to about 5million with everything included.

My guess is about $800-$1.3M

stillers4me
02-15-2010, 06:59 PM
I love the architecture in New Orleans. I wonder if his house is in the Garden District.

supa_fly_steeler
02-15-2010, 07:04 PM
I love the architecture in New Orleans. I wonder if his house is in the Garden District.

Brees and his wife had been living in a five-year-old house in San Diego, surrounded by plush golf courses and rolling hills, just a few minutes from the beach. They happily traded it for a classic four-bedroom home, in the Uptown neighborhood of New Orleans, that is more than 100 years old and has sticky locks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/31/sports/football/31brees.html

I would also like to know :(

“I love the charm of this place,” Brees said Tuesday night, traversing his empty living room. “Who knows how long these wood floors have been here, how long these chandeliers have hung here. That is the fun of being in an old house like this.”

Right now, the wood floors are covered with brown paper. A mountain bike stands in the dining room. Two toilets sit on the floor of a bedroom. The Brees house looks like so many others in New Orleans — under construction.

Workers arrive every day at 6:45 a.m. Painters follow at 7. The crew was recommended by Archie and Olivia Manning, who live nearby. Archie Manning, drafted by the Saints 35 years ago, is still probably the most recognized football player in town.

And Tony this answers some of your Question

In mid-March, Brittany Brees flew to New Orleans and toured 15 houses in one day. She found three that were not flooded. She settled on a place that needed $50,000 in roof repairs.

Shea
02-16-2010, 12:48 AM
Looks like a beautiful house and it's wonderful that the local fans have left messages of gratitude for him to read. And it also says alot about the Brees' family to be right smack in the heart of the city and it's people.

But it just looks too accessible to any and everyone. Makes me wonder if it wouldn't be safer for him and his family to live in a more secluded and secure area. All it takes is one nutjob looking for infamy to cause tragedy. Celebrity can be very dangerous.

steelerdude15
02-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Looks like there are some creepers in New Orleans. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
02-16-2010, 04:44 AM
Wow what a nice house I guess if you are the player he is and done what he has then you can have anything you want.:chuckle:

stillers4me
02-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Great article. Drew and his wife appear to be warm and genuine people and have embraced the city of New Orleans. He's a perfect fit for them.

I'm still happy they won the Superbowl....but next year it's back in the 'Burgh, baby. :helmet:

HometownGal
02-16-2010, 07:57 AM

I agree. :thumbsup: Drew and his wife were revered in NO long before they won it all this season because of their humanitarian work with the residents and especially the kids and I couldn't be happier for not only Drew and Brittany, but for the folks in NO. :applaudit: I'm sure the Bolts realize what a huge mistake they made in choosing crybaby Phil over Brees.

Thanks for posting the pics Indo - they're awesome! :drink:

XxKnightxX
02-16-2010, 09:06 AM
And The Dolphins Fans are eating their hearts out lol. Ive been talking to so many of them and they are so bitter about the Phins not signing them.

Indo
02-16-2010, 11:44 AM
To answer several questions:

I did not take the pictures---There are a few pics circulating around the NOLA area
(New Orleans, LA is commonly referred to as NOLA there).
The (my) Girl's brother lives there---on St. Charles Ave. I'm not sure if he took these particular pics or not...)

Tony---property values are pretty high...this house is in the Uptown area (when I get time I will post a map of NOLA to show everyone where that is). Suffice it to say that it's basically in the St. Charles Ave. area---the property values go up if the house is near Audubon Park, the closer to St. Charles it is, and the amount of yard. For New Orleans Uptwn, his yard is fairly big...
I'm guessing it goes for $1.2-1.5M---maybe more depending on the size of the house, backyard, pool---rare in Uptown, etc

From what I hear, he and his wife can frequently be seen walking down St. Charles Ave. in the evenings. And he stops to talk to anyone who wants to talk to him.

Somebody (Shea, I think) mentioned that he should live in a more secluded/secure area---there aren't any. This is classic New Orleans. And I honestly don't think he is in any danger whatsoever. Let's face it, even the Riff Raff revere Brees---I don't think anyone would jeopardize the health/safety of the guy who brought the Lombardi to the Big Easy!

OH, BTW

today is Mardi Gras, so...

Happy Mardi Gras!

supa_fly_steeler
02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Looks like a beautiful house and it's wonderful that the local fans have left messages of gratitude for him to read. And it also says alot about the Brees' family to be right smack in the heart of the city and it's people.

But it just looks too accessible to any and everyone. Makes me wonder if it wouldn't be safer for him and his family to live in a more secluded and secure area. All it takes is one nutjob looking for infamy to cause tragedy. Celebrity can be very dangerous.

Who would wanna start on Drew Brees? He has all of New Orleans back lmao.

Ravnet
02-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Who would wanna start on Drew Brees? He has all of New Orleans back lmao.

Yeah, both of the guys left in New Orleans will back Brees up.

steelerdude15
02-16-2010, 11:54 PM
I did not take the pictures---There are a few pics circulating around the NOLA area
(New Orleans, LA is commonly referred to as NOLA there).
The (my) Girl's brother lives there---on St. Charles Ave. I'm not sure if he took these particular pics or not...)
Haha, Indo, I hope that you weren't thinking I was calling you a creeper. I was saying that about someone in New Orleans. :wave:

Shea
02-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Yeah, both of the guys left in New Orleans will back Brees up.

:huh:

Not sure what Supa is ever talking about (no offense Supa) but what do you mean by this?

Indo
02-17-2010, 04:50 PM

Not sure what Supa is ever talking about (no offense Supa) but what do you mean by this?

That was posted by Ravnet, not Supa_fly

I think he is referring to the fact that there are a lot of Saints that may be lost to free-agency this off-season...
we shall see. I have a feeling that most of the Saints are like the Steelers and will want to stay home---depends on how far into the wallet Mr. Benson wants to reach; winning the Lombardi is like eating potato chips----it's hard to stop at just one!

supa_fly_steeler
02-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Me saying that if someone tried to start on Drew Brees

*start* is a word to start a fight.

he would get the kick shitted out of him by all the other residents of New Orleans

Ravnet
02-18-2010, 01:28 AM
That was posted by Ravnet, not Supa_fly

I think he is referring to the fact that there are a lot of Saints that may be lost to free-agency this off-season...
we shall see. I have a feeling that most of the Saints are like the Steelers and will want to stay home---depends on how far into the wallet Mr. Benson wants to reach; winning the Lombardi is like eating potato chips----it's hard to stop at just one!

A good point, but I was leaning toward the fact that barely half of New Orleans pre-2005 residents have returned to the city since the hurricane.

Indo
02-18-2010, 11:58 AM
A good point, but I was leaning toward the fact that barely half of New Orleans pre-2005 residents have returned to the city since the hurricane.

True---I'm one of them. Not by choice. There just isn't enough business to go around (I'm an MD). But there is still a HUGE number of people who moved to Baton Rouge (about 65 miles west) that commute into New Orleans for work and then go back to B.R. who are still Saints fans...