Source: Steelers Fever
Date: 2/18/10
Author: Perry Biggerstaff

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/1001.html

Big props to LLT. :applaudit:

Check out his 2010 NFL Mock Draft and let him know your thoughts. :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Nice mock P,....I dont agree that Claussen will go before Bradford, nor do I think Trent Williams goes before Davis, but still some pretty tight analysis.

You gonna do one after the combine too???

Galax Steeler
02-19-2010, 04:25 AM
Nice job Perry I think you done very well.:applaudit:

St33lersguy
02-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Anthony Davis? No thank you. DE-FENSE, DE-FENSE!

supa_fly_steeler
02-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Anthony Davis sucks id rather have Robinson or Wilson please or better thomas but nice overall draft.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Nice mock P,....I dont agree that Claussen will go before Bradford, nor do I think Trent Williams goes before Davis, but still some pretty tight analysis.

You gonna do one after the combine too???

I actually like Bradfords skill set a little more than Claussen's...but have to drop him a couple of slots due to the surgery. I think the "safe" pick is Claussen.

If Williams is the best OT left on the board..I think we will take him....but I DO think that we will go with Earl Thomas over some of the OT's, if he is still available.

I plan on trying to do some draft upgrades...then I am hoping we can all put our heads together for a combined draft just before the actual draft.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Anthony Davis? No thank you. DE-FENSE, DE-FENSE!

Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler
....... id rather have Robinson or Wilson please or better thomas but nice overall draft

As I said...If Earl Thomas is available, I think we may take him over a lot of the OT's.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Nice job Perry I think you done very well.:applaudit:

Thanks brother...I am working on an upgraded 3 rounder.

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks brother...I am working on an upgraded 3 rounder.

nice looking forward to it.

does anyone think eric berry will fall to 13th? and rolando mcclain to the giants... most of the top 10 teams really need a playmaker elswhere than safety position and i think joe haden might not go to the browns, holgrems smart and they need a new wide reciever.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2010, 09:42 AM
nice looking forward to it.

does anyone think eric berry will fall to 13th? and rolando mcclain to the giants... most of the top 10 teams really need a playmaker elswhere than safety position and i think joe haden might not go to the browns, holgrems smart and they need a new wide reciever.

I dont think that Berry will fall out of the top 10. Traditionally teams dont draft Safeties that high but berry is an exceptional talent.

I do however think that Al Davis might trade up and switch positions with the Browns so that they can have CB Joe Haden (or Berry if he would fall to #7) . The Browns would probably then take McClain (or Haden if the Raiders take Berry) at #8 and get an additional 4th and 7th rounder out of the deal.

I think most teams wont go with a WR that early. There is a LOT of talented WR's that are projected to go in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I think Holmgren will want to trade down....if he cant, he may go with one of three players...Berry...Haden...McClain...and then pick up a WR with one of the next two picks.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2010, 10:05 AM
For those teams looking for a WR but not wnting to use a 1st round pick...here are the WR's available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Late 1st early 2nd Round

Brandon LaFell WR LSU 6-3 206 , 4.54
Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech 6-3 229, 4.59

2nd Round

Damian Williams WR Southern California 6-1 195, 4.49
Dexter McCluster WR Mississippi 5-08 165, 4.42
Arrelious Benn WR Illinois 6-2 220, 4.50
Jordan Shipley WR Texas 6-0 190, 4.47
Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati 6-0 179, 4.51
Taylor Price WR Ohio 6-0 198, 4.36

3rd round

Carlton Mitchell WR South Florida 6-4 212, 4.45
Mike Williams WR Syracuse 6-2 212, 4.49
Jacoby Ford WR Clemson 5-09 181, 4.37
Jeremy Williams WR Tulane 6-0 205, 4.52
Dezmon Briscoe WR Kansas 6-3 200, 4.62

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-21-2010, 01:04 PM
I actually like Bradfords skill set a little more than Claussen's...but have to drop him a couple of slots due to the surgery. I think the "safe" pick is Claussen.

If Williams is the best OT left on the board..I think we will take him....but I DO think that we will go with Earl Thomas over some of the OT's, if he is still available.

I plan on trying to do some draft upgrades...then I am hoping we can all put our heads together for a combined draft just before the actual draft.

Yeah, I think they might look at Thomas too IF he is still on the board. But, I think it will shake out that Anthony Davis is the 2nd or 3rd OT taken...while Trent Williams is the 4th or 5th taken.

Anthony Davis is a big kid, with long arms and outstanding feet for such a massive young man. Rutgers used him to pull on running plays to the right side from his LT position(that is pulling 3 holes over :jawdrop: ). You dont use kids on a long pull like that if they cant make it in time.....Anthony Davis does it well.

I would not be unhappy with Davis, but think he might be gone in the top 10. He is that good of an OT!!! But then again, look what happened to Oher.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I think they might look at Thomas too IF he is still on the board. But, I think it will shake out that Anthony Davis is the 2nd or 3rd OT taken...while Trent Williams is the 4th or 5th taken.

Anthony Davis is a big kid, with long arms and outstanding feet for such a massive young man. Rutgers used him to pull on running plays to the right side from his LT position(that is pulling 3 holes over :jawdrop: ). You dont use kids on a long pull like that if they cant make it in time.....Anthony Davis does it well.

I would not be unhappy with Davis, but think he might be gone in the top 10. He is that good of an OT!!! But then again, look what happened to Oher.

I saw some pretty good games by Williams and was big on him for awhile...but I began to notice a funky kick-slide that makes me worry about his ability to seal off the edge.
If that can be corrected, I wont be dissapointed in Williams at #18...but i dont want a tackle that gets his feet crossed while making contact with a DE.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Sources: Top 4 teams in draft have talked trade
2/23/2010 12:40:58 PM | More

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports each of the teams picking in the top four come late April -- St. Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay and Washington -- has discussed trading its pick and moving out of its spot, multiple NFL sources said Tuesday.

While there are an abundance of teams looking to trade back, there is the usual scarcity of teams looking to trade up, which is why deals near the top of the draft are difficult to consummate.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=3426

This is very interesting.

Is there a chance of St. Louis trading away the #1 pick to a team like the Eagles for McNabb?

Speculation about McNabb's trade potential -- a hot topic since the Eagles' season-ending, wild-card loss to Dallas on Jan. 9 -- has been heating up.

On Thursday, a column by Sal Paolantonio that appeared on ESPN.com sent mixed messages about the organization's intentions to deal its franchise cornerstone. Paolantonio, citing unnamed NFL sources, wrote that the Eagles have told inquiring teams that McNabb and Kolb aren't on the trading block. The Broncos, Browns, Rams and Bills have each contacted the Eagles, the report said.

But Paolantonio also wrote that NFL insiders believe head coach Andy Reid would be willing to trade McNabb in exchange for a first-round pick.
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100213/SPORTS02/2130348/1022/Source-says-Kolb-rumor-is--ridiculous-

If there is any truth to the Eagles willingness to get a first round pick for McNabb...Are they willing to trade all the way up to the #1 overall slot and take on that kind of contract? Do they have a "need" for a DT? Would they consider him a Suh DE?

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 04:06 PM
The Eagles want Berry lmao.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-24-2010, 07:45 AM
The Eagles want Berry lmao.

Hmmmm...Redskins at #4 would LOVE to have McNabb...and are in a position to possibly grab OT Charles Brown in the 2nd round and either an OC like Matt Tennant/JD Walton or an OG like Mike Johnson in the 3rd round.

Eagles could take Berry if they wanted...and still get a legit RB at the end of the 1st round.

OR...they may be willing to trade with Seattle...and use that 1st pick on a RB like Spiller.

supa_fly_steeler
02-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Hmmmm...Redskins at #4 would LOVE to have McNabb...and are in a position to possibly grab OT Charles Brown in the 2nd round and either an OC like Matt Tennant/JD Walton or an OG like Mike Johnson in the 3rd round.

Eagles could take Berry if they wanted...and still get a legit RB at the end of the 1st round.

OR...they may be willing to trade with Seattle...and use that 1st pick on a RB like Spiller.

Yea it could make sense and be a trade. But the Eagles would have the better deal.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-27-2010, 10:17 AM
8. Oakland Raiders - OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland
TEAM NEEDS: 4-3 NT, DE, OT, RG, CB, LB, QB
I hate trying to second guess what Al Davis will do. If he sticks to form, a player with the physical attributes of Bruce Campbell will be too much to pass up. Campbell is 6-7 310 pounds and should run under 5.0 at the combine

I am becoming even more confident with my thoughts on the Raiders draft pick...Campbell posted unofficial times of 4.78 and 4.81 seconds, and did 34 repetitions on the bench-press on Friday!!!!

Al Davis LOVES those workout warriors!!!! Its lucky for the Raider Nation that Campbell is actually a good player and would fill a need position for their team.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I am becoming even more confident with my thoughts on the Raiders draft pick...Campbell posted unofficial times of 4.78 and 4.81 seconds, and did 34 repetitions on the bench-press on Friday!!!!

Al Davis LOVES those workout warriors!!!! Its lucky for the Raider Nation that Campbell is actually a good player and would fill a need position for their team.

Should have seen his kick slide drill and vertical jump. Campbell is blowing up at the combine and making himself some $$$. He still needs a lot of coaching and is a couple years away from being a solid starter IMO.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Should have seen his kick slide drill and vertical jump. Campbell is blowing up at the combine and making himself some $$$. He still needs a lot of coaching and is a couple years away from being a solid starter IMO.

Crazy Al is probably drooling all over himself. Well....more than usual anyway.:noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
02-27-2010, 02:39 PM
eeeehhhhmmmm .... told ya. :popcorn:

CorpseLW
03-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm all for the Bradford to Redskins pick and that Rutgers OT to PIttsburgh sounds alright--hard to pass up a highly-rated OL piece from Rutgers.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Posted an updated mock draft in the editorial section. I really believe that we are positioning ourselves to go with Earl Thomas or one of the top 4 Offensive Tackles.

As of today...I think our draft may look something like this

7-Round Mock Draft.

1) CB/FS Earl Thomas...Versatility at two critical positions is incredible
2) OT Jared Veldheer...Give him a year and he will push for a starting position.
3) OC J.D. Walton....Great value in the third, tenacious blocker with a nasty streak. Might need a year to condition and learn assignments.
4) ILB Micah Johnson...If the Steelers can be patient for one year and let him rehab...he is a steal.
5a) NT/DE Al Woods...Scouts think that he can play both positions very well. The Patriots are looking at him as depth for both slots.
5b) WR Danario Alexander...(shhhhhh....6'5 WR is a sleeper with 113 catches, 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns) Missouri prospect who you have never heard of due to injured knee at senior bowl.
5c) OLB Arthur Moats...Buchanon award winner who ended 2009 with 23.5 tackles for loss and 11 quarterback sacks.
6) RB Deji Karim 1,694 yards on 240 carries (7.1 average) and 18 touchdowns....and just ran a 4.38 forty at his pro-day...runs low to the ground and can catch out of the backfield.
7a) OLB Adrian Tracy ..Led the nation with a career 62.5 tackles for a loss and had 31 career sacks. Looks great in his transition to OLB fronm DE.
7b) SS Barry Church... Church is a Safety that I loved on tape but who seemed to fall off the draft radar. He didnt post huge numbers this last year because Toledo used him as a hybrid LB/SS. He just ran a 4.54 forty at his proday and showed great hands at position skills.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Posted an updated mock draft in the editorial section. I really believe that we are positioning ourselves to go with Earl Thomas or one of the top 4 Offensive Tackles.

7-Round Mock Draft.

2) OT Jared Veldheer...Give him a year and he will push for a starting position.
3) OC J.D. Walton....Great value in the third, tenacious blocker with a nasty streak. Might need a year to condition and learn assignments.
4) ILB Micah Johnson...If the Steelers can be patient for one year and let him rehab...he is a steal.
5a) NT/DE Al Woods...Scouts think that he can play both positions very well. The Patriots are looking at him as depth for both slots.
5b) WR Danario Alexander...(shhhhhh....6'5 WR is a sleeper with 113 catches, 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns) Missouri prospect who you have never heard of due to injured knee at senior bowl.
5c) OLB Arthur Moats...Buchanon award winner who ended 2009 with 23.5 tackles for loss and 11 quarterback sacks.
6) RB Deji Karim 1,694 yards on 240 carries (7.1 average) and 18 touchdowns....and just ran a 4.38 forty at his pro-day...runs low to the ground and can catch out of the backfield.
7a) OLB Adrian Tracy ..Led the nation with a career 62.5 tackles for a loss and had 31 career sacks. Looks great in his transition to OLB fronm DE.
7b) SS Barry Church... Church is a Safety that I loved on tape but who seemed to fall off the draft radar. He didnt post huge numbers this last year because Toledo used him as a hybrid LB/SS. He just ran a 4.54 forty at his proday and showed great hands at position skills.

That is a solid looking draft. I like the Al Woods pick. He rotated in on the D line in 2008 with Jean-Francois and Alexander....and looked good. Might be an interesting pick in the 5th.

You dont think Barry Church is gonna last to the 7th do ya?? Wasnt he 4 time all conference?? I know nothing of Karim.....but what about Pat Paschall??

tony hipchest
03-16-2010, 05:53 PM
love the new mock LLT and must say its layout is as visually appealing as any other on the net. good job! i especially like that you are taking the time to update it like the "professionals" do. look out rick gosselin.

ed bouchette made an interresting point about taking a wr this year. basically sweed is all but gone, logans job is in jeopardy, and a 6th wr is likely to be practice squad-

Kiere Bulls: Do you think what the Steelers did in Free Agency was enough? Furthermore, what do the Steelers now do in the draft?
Ed Bouchette: I think they actually went one too far in free agency by signing two wide receivers. That leaves them no room to add a young receiver because they are now locked into keeping those five receivers -- their top three plus the two free agents they paid nearly $1 million each to sign. Add wide receiver to the list of positions the Steelers will not draft high. It does not change much else in the draft though.

jmf1177: I am hoping Sweed has breakthrough third year. If so, who would be odd man out?
Ed Bouchette: I don't know that he's going to get a chance to have a breakthrough year. Right now, he would only make the team if they keep six wide receivers.

Sillter: Although the Steelers signed two wide receivers this year does that mean both will make the roster? Are you saying that Sweed is done for sure?
Ed Bouchette: I'm saying you don't give a guy nearly $1 million in a signing bonus and then cut him. If they keep six wide receivers, Sweed might have a chance.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10075/1043255-66.stm#ixzz0iTs16xAm

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10075/1043255-66.stm#ixzz0iTreA53s

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10075/1043255-66.stm#ixzz0iTp7iHSq

MasterOfPuppets
03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
they gave a million dollar signing bonus to a 5th receiver ??? (battle) ...:doh:

tony hipchest
03-16-2010, 06:28 PM
pretty crazy, huh? (i think that pretty much chops in half any potential trade value sweed may have had).

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-17-2010, 03:41 AM
That is a solid looking draft. I like the Al Woods pick. He rotated in on the D line in 2008 with Jean-Francois and Alexander....and looked good. Might be an interesting pick in the 5th.

You dont think Barry Church is gonna last to the 7th do ya?? Wasnt he 4 time all conference?? I know nothing of Karim.....but what about Pat Paschall??

Church is rated as a 7th rounder by nfldraftscout.com (as of today)...but he had one heckuva pro-day so his stock may rise.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-17-2010, 03:49 AM
love the new mock LLT and must say its layout is as visually appealing as any other on the net. good job! i especially like that you are taking the time to update it like the "professionals" do. look out rick gosselin.

ed bouchette made an interresting point about taking a wr this year. basically sweed is all but gone, logans job is in jeopardy, and a 6th wr is likely to be practice squad-

I would tend to agree about the WR situation....though I see Battle as signed to be a STer, he will still be on the roster as a WR. Any reciever that we draft will be on the depth chart behind Ward/Holmes/Wallace/Randle-el.

Thats one of the reasons that I like WR Danario Alexander. His agent is saying that the knee injury will be healed by the beginning of the season but it will keep him from working out and keep his stock down. We might be able to:
A) place him on the practice squad
B) if able...put him on the PUP list until healed

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
I know nothing of Karim.....but what about Pat Paschall??

Running back Abdul “Deji” Karim, who did not participate in the NFL Scouting Combine, outjumped the best running back in Indianapolis by two inches in the vertical leap (43 inches) at Southern Illinois’ pro day workout on March 11.

Karim (5-8 1/2, 209) also showed impressive speed, clocking 4.40 and 4.43 seconds in the 40-yard dash. After showing off his 43-inch vertical leap, Karim had a 10-3 broad jump and posted a 4.33-second short shuttle, 6.95-second three-cone drill, and completed 19 bench press repetitions.
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running back Pat Paschall Pro Day Results: One of the key aspects of pro days for prospects is that it provides yet another chance to go through workout drills for scouts and improve on their times from the NFL Scouting Combine. North Dakota State RB Pat Paschall (5-foot-11 5/8, 211 pounds) took advantage of his second opportunity by posting a spectacular time in the short shuttle. The shifty Paschall completed the drill in 4.15 seconds, an improvement from the 4.33 he had at the combine. His new time would have placed him fourth among all rushers in Indianapolis. His 40-yard dash times weren’t too shabby, either, as he ran it in 4.59 and 4.57 seconds. He also had a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump, but kept his combine numbers in the vertical jump, three-cone drill and bench press. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=102923&draftyear=2010&genpos=RB

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Church is rated as a 7th rounder by nfldraftscout.com (as of today)...but he had one heckuva pro-day so his stock may rise.

I think Church is gonna get himself into the 5th round.

Barry Church raised eyebrows during Toledo's pro day this morning.

The big defensive back weighed 220 pounds, four less than the combine, and ran 40 times which clocked right around the 4.6 range, almost one-tenth faster than his time from Indianapolis. Scouts are torn whether Church projects to outside linebacker or safety in the NFL. He was successful at both spots in college and the athleticism Church displayed this morning will give coaches even more confidence in his abilities.

http://m.si.com/news/sp/to_nfl_sports/detail/2439243/2;jsessionid=0F6E5E02FABDB2A4F7EA1690FC0F3B3B.cnns i2

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I think Church is gonna get himself into the 5th round.

Barry Church raised eyebrows during Toledo's pro day this morning.

The big defensive back weighed 220 pounds, four less than the combine, and ran 40 times which clocked right around the 4.6 range, almost one-tenth faster than his time from Indianapolis. Scouts are torn whether Church projects to outside linebacker or safety in the NFL. He was successful at both spots in college and the athleticism Church displayed this morning will give coaches even more confidence in his abilities.

http://m.si.com/news/sp/to_nfl_sports/detail/2439243/2;jsessionid=0F6E5E02FABDB2A4F7EA1690FC0F3B3B.cnns i2

The Strong safety class isnt very deep this year...I think you are correct in saying that he may end up going somewhere near the 5th.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-18-2010, 06:36 AM
pretty crazy, huh? (i think that pretty much chops in half any potential trade value sweed may have had).

I was listening to sports radio yesterday and they were saying that there is a chance that we can/will/may/should keep Sweed on the IR list next season. :noidea:

steelerdave1969
04-11-2010, 08:42 AM

Who would really want Limas Sweed at this point in his so called career Tony?... Its time the Steelers quit playing baby sitter and let this guy get on with his life.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 12:11 PM

7-Round Mock Draft.

i love the first pick.

but can u change it lol im getting really supersticious of jinxing him from not as a steeler lol

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-13-2010, 10:28 AM
i love the first pick.

but can u change it lol im getting really supersticious of jinxing him from not as a steeler lol

LOL...then your not going to like the update!!!

Udated Mock Draft

1 St. Louis
Bradford, Sam QB, Oklahoma
No change...As I have said before, you build a team around a QB. Bradford is the kind of QB that can give St. Louis 10 years of quality play.

2 Detroit
Suh, Ndamukong DT, Nebraska
Best player in this draft, can play any position on the front line, and even with the Lions FA acquisitions, they could use another quality player at DT.

3 Tampa Bay
McCoy, Gerald DT, Oklahoma
Great player, great character, great fit. A powerhouse DT with leadership ability.

4 Washington
Okung, Russell OT, Oklahoma St
With McNabb signed, the Redskins pick up a quality LT to protect the aging playmaker.

5 Kansas City
Berry, Eric SS, Tennessee
Change from last draft....The Chiefs have been putting out indications that they would be willing to keep Albert at OT if Berry were on the board.

6 Seattle
Bulaga, Bryan OT, Iowa
With the first of their 1st round picks the Seahawks grab an OT to fortify an aging line.

7 Cleveland
Clausen, Jimmy QB, Notre Dame
I havnt had Clausen going to the Browns until now....but the same logic that I am using on St Louis having to start their rebuilding with a QB, apply to the Browns also.

8 Oakland
Williams, Trent OT, Oklahoma
I havehad Campbell here all year, but now am going against conventional wisdom and am saying that Crazy Al still grabs an OT, but it will be Williams instead.

9 Buffalo
Davis, Anthony OT, Rutgers
Poor Buffalo...they need a QB in the worst way, but without trading up they will have to take an OT in the 1st round and enter the Colt McCoy sweepstakes in round 2.

10 Jacksonville
Haden, Joe CB, Florida
Jacksonville is the recipient of a gift wrapped blue chip CB...thanks to the run on OT's early in the 1st round.

11 Denver
Bryant, Dez WR, Oklahoma State
Even if Marshall isnt traded ...the Broncos are going to have to srtart preparing for life after Brandon. Bryant will be a #1 WR...either this year or next year

12 Miami
Thomas, Earl SS, Texas
The Dolphins have now worked out Ealr thomas THREE TIMES!!! Failing to pick up a FS in the offseason the versatile safety our of Texas gives the Dolphins a very young and talented backfield.

13 San Francisco
Graham, Brandon OLB, Michigan
San Fran needs a OLB/DE hybrid type of player and look for Hall of Fame coach Mike Singletary to be a good judge of Brandon Grahams potential.

14 Seattle
Spiller, C.J. RB, Clemson
Ranked near the bottom of the league in rushing...the Seawhawks grab the big-play RB out of Clemson.

15 New York Giants
McLain, Rolando ILB, Alabama
Couldnt have worked out better for the Giants. McClain is an incredibly talented ILB who will start on day one.

16 Tennessee
Pierre-Paul, Jason DE, South Florida
Pierre-Paul scares me to death. He has every earmark of a potential NFL bust...but some team will take an early gamble on him.

17 San Francisco
Campbell, Bruce OT, Maryland
After grabbing a defensive player with their first pick, the 49ers can now fill the hole at OT. Campbell is sliding down draft boards but I think he will still be drafted in the middle of the 1st round.

18 Pittsburgh
Wilson, Kyle CB, Boise St
I like Wilson (I gave him his props as far back as last November) and I like the fact that we are looking at drafting a CB. That being said...I like Earl Thomas and Devin McCourty better. Putting my own analysis aside...I think that Wilson's value fits better at the #18 slot and he will be an exceptional CB with a tweak or two in regards to run support.

19 Atlanta
Morgan, Derrick DE, Georgia Tech
Incredible value at this point...there is a chance that the 49ers snag him at #13, and Graham will be the pick here if that happens.

20 Houston
Matthews, Ryan RB, Fresno St
Houston needs some help on the O-line, but I keep hearing their FO talk about upgrading the RB corp. Matthews would be an INSTANT upgrade and would give the Texans a formidable 1-2 punch.

21 Cincinnati
Iupati, Mike OG, Idaho
NOOOOOO!!!! I really would prefer to see the Bengals waste this pick, but Iupati is the best Guard in this draft and meets an bengals need.

22 New England
Kindle, Sergio DE, Texas
Great fit for the Patriots who need some youth at OLB...there is a chance that new England takes a long hard look at jared Odrick as a 3-4 DE.

23 Green Bay
Brown, Charles OT, Southern Cal
Every year at least one 2nd round graded OT makes it into the 1st round. This years lucky winner is Charles Brown.

24 Philadelphia
Griffen, Everson DE, Southern Cal
Very underrated DE. The Eagles may go with a RB if matthews is still on the board but Griffen fits a need perfectly.

25 Baltimore
Gresham, Jermaine TE, Oklahoma
This is a pick based on intuition...The Ravens went all out in trading for Boldin and I think they get a pass catching TE to further utilize Flaccos arm.

26 Arizona
Weatherspoon, Sean LB, Missouri
With Dansby leaving the Cardinals grab a linebacker that can play inside and outside. Now we get to have a mouth-off between Porter and Weatherspoon!!

27 Dallas
Mays, Taylor FS, Southern Cal
Dallas is actually a team with very deep talent. Mays is the type of Safety that Dallas has utilized before and they will know how to get the most out of his ability.

28 San Diego
Williams, Dan DT, Tennessee
The Chargers first pick will either be a NT or a RB. This should be a no-brainer if Williams is still available.

29 New York Jets
Odrick, Jared DT, Penn St
Odrick could go as high as pick #22 if the pats think he is the solution at DE, if they pass, the Jets can definetley use the Penn St product on their front line.

30 Minnesota
McCourty, Devin CB, Rutgers
McCourty is an undrerated CB who can also play St's. Two years from now I think we will see McCourty as one of the best Cb's in the game.

31 Indianapolis
Pouncey, Maurkice C, Florida
Pouncy is a player that has been way overanalyzed. Somw mocks have him as high as the early part of the first round. His talent doesnt warrant that kind of evaluation but he is a very solid pick at the end of the 1st round or early in the 2nd.

32 New Orleans
Price, Brian DT, UCLA
The Saints would love for an OLB like Weatherspoon to fall this far...if not they will bolster their front line with a DT like Price.

Steelers Picks

Round 1, Pick 18 (18) CB Kyle Wilson
Round 2, Pick 20 (52) OT Jared Veldheer
Round 3, Pick 18 (82) OC J.D. Walton
Round 4, Pick 18 (116) WR Andre Roberts
Round 5, Pick 20 (151) ILB Jamar Chaney
Round 5 Pick 24 (155) OLB Arthur Moats
Round 5, Pick 33 (164) DE Mike Neal (Comp pick)
Round 5, Pick 35 (166) RB LeGarrette Blount (Comp pick)
Round 6, Pick 19 (188) TE Michael Hoomanawanui
Round 7, Pick 18 (225) QB Mike Kafka
Round 7, Pick 35 (242) NT Jay Ross (Comp pick)

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Nice i still think we should trade up to get him

.... but dumbass tomlin traded holmes away before the draft so im sure its slim chances that he goes past miami.

tomlin makes me sick he hasnt had a good draft in the three years he's been here and im willing to bet he craps this one up

The Duke
04-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Nice i still think we should trade up to get him

.... but dumbass tomlin traded holmes away before the draft so im sure its slim chances that he goes past miami.

tomlin makes me sick he hasnt had a good draft in the three years he's been here and im willing to bet he craps this one up

Colbert and the rooney's make those decisions

Nice try though

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 02:40 PM
My Point is we havent had good drafts. the reason why our defense is so old?

on average out of 7 picks only 2 are there 4 years later.

look at the ratbirds and bengals recent drafts, alot more picks have made the team, giving the team younger average.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-13-2010, 03:49 PM
My Point is we havent had good drafts. the reason why our defense is so old?

on average out of 7 picks only 2 are there 4 years later.

look at the ratbirds and bengals recent drafts, alot more picks have made the team, giving the team younger average.

Well four years ago Tomlin wasn't with the Steelers so I don't know why you are blaming him with those picks.

Talk about players making the team drafted by Tomlin you got:

2007: Timmons-Starter
Woodley-Pro Bowler
Sepulveda-Starter
Will Gay-Starter
2008: Mendenhall-Starter
Sweed-Still on Roster
Hills- Still on Roster
Dixon-Number Two QB
Mundy-Still on Roster
2009: Ziggy-Potential Starter
Wallace-Potential Starter
Urbik-Still on Roster
Lewis-Still on Roster
Burnett-Still on Roster
Summers-Still on Roster
Sonny Harris-Still on Roster
David Johnson-Started Some Games Last Season/Still on Roster

By my count thats 17 out of 22 of Tomlin's picks still on the roster. Not too bad in my opinion.

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3849/09000d5d816d4bf1gallery.jpg

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-21-2010, 07:27 AM
1 St. Louis Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma

Value…Need…Availability all come together perfectly. Bradford is this years Stafford. There will be a few smoke screens thrown around, but when it all clears the Oklahoma QB will be the overall #1 pick. There is an outside chance that a team like Cleveland will mortgage the farm to move up to #1, but with so many needs themselves its unlikely.

2 Detroit Ndamukong Suh DT, Nebraska

The Detroit fan base is screaming for Suh…and the Lions front office has promised them that they will “not be disappointed”. With FA pickups and the drafting of the ultra-talented Nebraska prospect, the Lions will field a formidable defensive line. Detroit may also be interested in either DT Gerald McCoy or OT Russell Okung.

3 Tampa Bay Gerald McCoy DT, Oklahoma

You know it’s a great draft when a player like Gerald McCoy is the consolation prize for not getting Ndamukong Suh . McCoy fits the Bucs scheme perfectly and is a high character on-field vocal leader. The Bucs will have no problem grabbing Suh if the Lions go with an OT.

4 Washington Russell Okung OT, Oklahoma St

The Redskins will either trade out of the #4 slot or they will grab a premier OT to protect newly acquired QB Donovan McNabb. At #4 they will most likely have their choice of tackles from this draft and I still think that Okung is the best the group. If they trade town I think they will still only drop far enough to acquire a few picks and still be in position to draft an immediate starter at offensive tackle. In my mock draft scenario, I don’t think they will drop further than #13.

5 Kansas City Bryan Bulaga OT, Iowa

This is one of the harder picks in this draft. I think that the Chiefs will draft either Bulaga or Williams at OT and move Brandon Albert to the inside. That being said there is a chance that they may decide to go with safety Eric Berry

6 Seattle C.J. Spiller RB, Clemson

I have not had Spiller this high before but with rumor coming out of Cleveland that they are interested in drafting Spiller at #7, I think the Seahawks take the Clemson RB here to upgrade a running game that ranked in the cellar of the NFL. Seattle may also be interested in an one of the premier OT’s or even Dez Bryant.

7 Cleveland Eric Berry Safety, Tennessee

Cleveland needs help at a lot of positions. I think that they will take safety Eric Berry here if Spiller is off the board. Berry will bring some excitement to the Cleveland faithful as the best player at his position. The Browns may go with Clausen here but I think that they will wait until round two and enter the Colt McCoy sweepstakes.

8 Oakland Trent Williams OT, Oklahoma

I hate trying to get into Al Davis’s head. Its cold…dark…and smells like Metamucil. Davis has a history of drafting combine warriors so there is a chance that he will overdraft OT Bruce Campbell. Trent Williams is a better value here and also put up significant combine numbers.

9 Buffalo Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame

Buffalo needs a Tackle…a Wide receiver and a QB. They are lucky that Clausen falls to them. I think that he will thrive with the bills if they can get some young talent around talent surrounding him. If Clausen is gone, look for the Bills to fortify their O-line with the first pick.

10 Jacksonville Joe Haden CB, Florida

Jacksonville had an abysmal pass rush this past year, but rectified some of that problem in free agency. I look for the Jags to grab blue chip cornerback Joe Haden with their first round pick. They still might want to add a DE at some point so there is a chance that Derrick Morgan might be on their radar.

11 Denver Rolando McLain ILB, Alabama

I want to put Dez Bryant here very badly, but I think that the Broncos dropped one WR with character issued and might be uneasy about picking up another with baggage. Besides, the WR position is deeper this year than the ILB position, therefore I think the Broncos will take inside thumper Rolando McClain and wait until the later rounds for a WR.

12 Miami Sergio Kindle DE, Texas

Miami lost Joey Porter and have been indifferent towards Jason Taylor. Sergio Kindle is a Beast at OLB and Parcells loves him some 1st round linebackers. Miami will also take a long look at both safety Earl Thomas and at NT Dan Williams.

13 San Francisco Anthony Davis OT, Rutgers

San Fran needs some help on the O-line, in their defensive secondary and at OLB. With most of the premier tackles gone, the 49ers will grab Anthony Davis at #13, and wait until #17 to fill one of the other positions of need.

14 Seattle Dez Bryant WR, Oklahoma State

I don’t believe for a second that the Seahawks recent signings are the answer to their needs at WR. Seattle was trying desperately to get Brandon Marshall and in failing to do that, they will take Dez Bryant to be their #1 WR and move Houshmandzadeh to the #2 WR slot. If an attractive OT option is still available the ‘hawks may go in that direction.

15 New York Giants Dan Williams DT, Tennessee

Williams is one of those players who might go as high as #12 or as low as #30. I think the Giants need a player with Dan Williams skill set and grab him early.

16 Tennessee Jason Pierre-Paul DE, South Florida

Tennessee is looking for a DE and may take a gamble on the freakishly athletic DE out of South Florida. Pierre-Paul is my pick for 1st round bust, but there are quite a few teams that have him high on their boards. I think the Titans may take a look at Derrick Morgan here or at drafting a WR .

17 San Francisco Brandon Graham DE, Michigan

Graham is one of my favorite players in this draft. I think he is the perfect fit for Coach Singletary’s 3-4 defense and has a good chance to be the rookie defensive player of the year. The 49ers will also look at a CB/RS and a safety at this spot.

18 Pittsburgh Earl Thomas SS, Texas

This pick just makes too much sense to me. I think that Earl Thomas will still be on the board at #18 and I think that he helps Pittsburgh at safety depth this year and as a pro-bowl starter in the near future at free safety. Also take into consideration that with the Steelers struggles at CB it’s possible that Thomas may be utilized as a corner earlier on.

19 Atlanta Derrick Morgan DE, Georgia Tech

Word is out that most 3-4 teams have taken Morgan off their boards with the realization that his talent fits the 4-3 defense much better. This has to be great news for Atlanta who previously held no hope that Morgan would fall this far. The Falcons will also look at Linebacker Sean Weatherspoon.

20 Houston Ryan Matthews RB, Fresno St

Houston has made no secret that they want to upgrade their ground game. Matthews will be a nice addition to the Texans RB corps and should give the team an immediate boost. Houston may also be looking at a DT if Dan Williams slides or at OG Iupati to upgrade their line.

21 Cincinnati Taylor Mays FS, Southern Cal

Mays is the type of player that Cincy covets. Ultra-athletic and has great speed. Though his coverage deficiencies are well documented, if Mays lines up right he is a human missile. The Bengals may also be looking at TE and OG.

22 New England Jared Odrick DE, Penn St

I think the Pats would love for Sergio Kindle or Brandon Graham to fall to them, but Odrick also meets a need by filling a hole at DE that the Pats haven’t filled since they lost Seymour. Odrick projects as a 3-4 DE for New England who might reach for OLB like Jerry Hughes.

23 Green Bay Kyle Wilson CB, Boise St

Kyle Wilson has gone from a “who’s that” to a “who’s who” in a very short time. Wilson has a chance to go earlier to a team like the Steelers but if he his still undrafted I thionk that the packers will take him. Green Bay may also be looking at an OT.

24 Philadelphia Mike Iupati OG, Idaho

Iupati is by far the best of a very weak OG class. He is a road grader that may start on day one for the Eagles. If Philly goes a different route I think it might be one position over and they would look at OC Pouncey .

25 Baltimore Jermaine Gresham TE, Oklahoma

Most boards have the Ravens going with a CB here, and I admit that it’s a very good possibility. I am gambling that that Baltimore is going to complete this years overhaul of the receiving corps by drafting a pass catching TE who can also block. Gresham is the faltering Todd Heaps future replacement. If they go with a CB, they may draft Devin McCourty.

26 Arizona Sean Weatherspoon LB, Missouri

With the lost of Dansby, the Cardinals would love to draft the brash outspoken Weatherspoon. I still have to wonder if there are enough words to go around if he and Joey Porter are on the same team. Arizona is said to also be interested in picking up an O-lineman and a young WR.

27 Dallas Bruce Campbell OT, Maryland

Dallas has a young OLT on their team but the lost of Flozell Adams leaves little behind him if he struggles. This would be a good situation for Bruce Campbell who may need a year to meet his full potential. Dallas also needs a FS and would take Taylor Mays if he is still available.

28 San Diego Charles Brown OT, Southern Cal

San Diego needs a NT and a RB but any left on the draft boards would be first round reaches. OT Charles Brown also would fill a need on the Chargers draft list and is a projected first rounder by quite a few teams. If NT Dan Williams or RB Ryan Matthews are available, the Chargers will probably take them over an OT. As a stretch, they may take NT Terrence Cody here.

29 New York Jets Devin McCourty CB, Rutgers

The Jets covet DE Jerad Odrick now that they have a WR threat in Santonio Holmes, I think Odrick will be long gone and the jets will take a CB to eventually line up on the other side of Revis. If that happends and if they take Devin McCourty…the Jets will have one of the most formidable CB tandems that I can recall.

30 Minnesota Brian Price DT, UCLA

Brian price will be the youth behind the Minnesota’s aging DT’s. He is extremely strong and could probably play NT even though he is “only” 300 lbs. If the right CB falls they might decide to go that route…and I still believe there is a chance that they reach and take Colt McCoy at the end of the 1st.

31 Indianapolis Maurkice Pouncey C, Florida

Jeff Saturday is getting a little long in the tooth and to be truthful, the Colts don’t have a lot of holes to fill. There is an outside chance that they draft a offensive tackle like Charles Brown or a defensive tackle like Brian Price if possible.

32 New Orleans Everson Griffen DE, Southern Cal

Griffen could go earlier to a team like the Falcons, but if not I look for the Saints to either draft him or a linebacker like Sean Weatherspoon.

Round 1......Earl Thomas FS/CB, Texas
Round 2......Cam Thomas NT, North Carolina
Round 3......Jared Veldheer OT, Hillsdale (Trade 3rd and two 5ths to move up to this slot)
Round 4,.....Andre Roberts WR, Citadel
Round 5......(Trade pick)
Round 5......(Trade pick)
Round 5......Nate Byham TE, Pittsburgh (comp pick)
Round 5......Charles Scott RB, LSU (comp pick)
Round 6......Adrian Tracy OLB, William & Mary
Round 7......Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky (comp pick)

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-21-2010, 07:30 AM
I apologize for having to post in both this thread and the LLT mock draft thread....but I have had people pm me about both threads...Please leave responses in the LLT mock draft thread for discussion.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=805609#post805609

-LLT