PDA

View Full Version : Your list of i want them as a steeler

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Thought i would start a thread where everyone lists a list of draftees they would like to see as a steeler.

In No particular Order

Earl Thomas --->:thumbsup:<---
Patrick Robinson --->:tt03:<---
Kyle Wilson --->:popcorn:<---
Rolando McClain --->:wave:<---
Micah Johnson --->http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/s/strong.gif<---
Terrence Cody --->http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/d/donut.gif:<---
Morgan Burnett --->http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/dreadlocks.gif<---
Myron Rolle --->:helmet:<---
Bryan Evans--->http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/yourspacecooment/smiley/grin/grin39.jpg<---

jollyrob68
02-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Maurkice Pouncey
Rolando McClain
Myron Rolle
Kam Chancellor
DAn Williams
Cam Thomas
Toby Gearhart
Earl Thomas
MIke Iupati
Bryan Bulaga
Micah Johnson
Brandon Spikes
Devin McCourty
Amari Spievey
JAred Odrick
Tyson Alualu

SS43Polamalu
02-19-2010, 02:07 PM
EARL THOMAS!!!!
Kyle Wilson
Myron Rolle
Brandon Spikes
Joe Mcknight

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 02:25 PM
I forgot some

Brandon Spikes
Joe McKnight
Dexter Mcluster!

NJarhead
02-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Just one:

Ndamukong Suh

http://www.suh93.com/images/bio_suh.jpg

Sharkissle29
02-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Myron Rolle
Earl Thomas
Micah Johnson
Javier Arenas
Patrick Robinson
Dexter McCluster

Aussie_steeler
02-19-2010, 04:12 PM
In no particular order, just filling holes in the squad that will appear in the next few years

1. backup Free Safety - Eric Berry
2. Backup Strong Safety - Myron Rolle
3. Backup Tight end - Colin Peek
4. #2 running back ( speed guy) - CJ Spiller
5. backup Center - Maurkice Pouncey
6. Backup Right Tackle - Trent Williams
7. Backup Left Tackle - Russell Okung
8. Backup left guard - Mike Iupati
9. Backup nose guard - Dan Williams
10. Inside linebacker to replace James Farrior when he retires - Rolando McClain
11. Backup outside linebacker - Ricky Sapp
12. Cornerback to compete with William Gay at Training camp - Joe Haden
13. Backup Defensive end - Jared Odrick

might have missed a few but there is a start. Not being greedy. I dont see any of them starting straight away unless a few starters are lost in free agency. Could wind up being a solid list of backups for next season.

Galax Steeler
02-19-2010, 04:48 PM
How about all of the above.:chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Anyone else think Eric Berry will drop to 13th unless the Buccaneers take him?.

@Aussie_Steeler no earl thomas? :(

Aussie_steeler
02-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Anyone else think Eric Berry will drop to 13th unless the Buccaneers take him?.

@Aussie_Steeler no earl thomas? :(

If this is an ultimate wish list - I have to put Berry over Thomas as a Free Safety. I also have to put Haden over Thomas as a Cornerback.

I could add to my list that we need a nickelback. I guess Thomas would be a good ultimate choice for that position.

The more I listen to interviews and read articles I think Earl Thomas is going to be a cornerback first who can also handle Free safety duties if a starter goes down.

That kind of analysis would probably enhance Earl's chances of actually being a Steeler come#18.

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 05:52 PM
If this is an ultimate wish list - I have to put Berry over Thomas as a Free Safety. I also have to put Haden over Thomas as a Cornerback.

I could add to my list that we need a nickelback. I guess Thomas would be a good ultimate choice for that position.

The more I listen to interviews and read articles I think Earl Thomas is going to be a cornerback first who can also handle Free safety duties if a starter goes down.

That kind of analysis would probably enhance Earl's chances of actually being a Steeler come#18.

His resume speaks for himself

WK_tq6nqCPU

Aussie_steeler
02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Bring on the combine. If he wows the scouts in certain drills and convinces people that he is the #2 CB behind Haden I think he definitely moves into the top 20. He will be responsible for a Taylor Mays freefall

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Bring on the combine. If he wows the scouts in certain drills and convinces people that he is the #2 CB behind Haden I think he definitely moves into the top 20. He will be responsible for a Taylor Mays freefall

Hmm hopefully he stays at Safety so he can fall to us.

I hope that there are some real good cornerbacks like patrick robinson and kyle wilson to go to 49ers.

Hmmm I wonder if Taylor Mays can run 4.29-4.33 combine if he does i think he will go top 16.

Aussie_steeler
02-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Hmm hopefully he stays at Safety so he can fall to us.

I hope that there are some real good cornerbacks like patrick robinson and kyle wilson to go to 49ers.

Hmmm I wonder if Taylor Mays can run 4.29-4.33 combine if he does i think he will go top 16.

Al Davis is going to have a hard time deciding between Jason Pierre Paul / Everson Griffen / Taylor Mays or anyone else who busts out a sensational 40 time

the 49ers with two top 15 picks hold all the cards when it comes to how our pick will pan out. ( Seattles two picks are going to be easier to pick). The 49ers could possibly have to chose between Mays and Thomas.

If Robinson stars at the combine he could move into top 20 calculations.

On that scout.com radio interview it was interesting to hear that most teams only recognise 15 -16 blue chip 1st round players. beyond that there are probably 40 guys with 2nd round value. IMO that reads like if one or two teams reach above us then the steelers will wind up with a true superstar. ( Pierre Paul will definitely be one reach).

Kyle Wilson is going to be a great pick for someone picking towards the end of the 1st round.

atlee731
02-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Some for post-first round picks:
Maurkice Pouncey
Nate Allen
Morgan Burnett
Alterraun Verner
Sean Lee
Boris Lee
Jim Dray
Trindon Holliday

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Al Davis is going to have a hard time deciding between Jason Pierre Paul / Everson Griffen / Taylor Mays or anyone else who busts out a sensational 40 time

the 49ers with two top 15 picks hold all the cards when it comes to how our pick will pan out. ( Seattles two picks are going to be easier to pick). The 49ers could possibly have to chose between Mays and Thomas.

If Robinson stars at the combine he could move into top 20 calculations.

On that scout.com radio interview it was interesting to hear that most teams only recognise 15 -16 blue chip 1st round players. beyond that there are probably 40 guys with 2nd round value. IMO that reads like if one or two teams reach above us then the steelers will wind up with a true superstar. ( Pierre Paul will definitely be one reach).

Kyle Wilson is going to be a great pick for someone picking towards the end of the 1st round.

i think Denver will choose a Quarterback or Wide Reciever... leaving GIANts and 49ers to select mcclain and brandon graham.

Nadroj 20
02-19-2010, 07:16 PM
In no special order:

Earl Thomas
Mike Lupati
Myron Rolle
Kam Chancellor
Patrick Robinson
Kyle Wilson

Northside Jonny
02-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Sean Weatherspoon
Earl Thomas
Brian Bulaga
Kareem Jackson
Anthony Dixon
Freddie Barnes
Trindon Holliday
Jeff Byers
Cam Thomas
Cameron Sheffield
CJ Wilson
Donovan Warren
Jerome Murphy
Myron Rolle
Pat Angerer
Micah Johnson

Chidi29
02-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I gotta admit, I love the Cody smilie.

supa_fly_steeler
02-20-2010, 10:41 AM
doughnuts lol

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-20-2010, 12:07 PM
FS Eric Berry
OT Russell Okung
CB Joe Haden
OT Bryan Bulaga
ILB Rolando McClain
OT Trent Williams
CB/FS Earl Thomas
OLB Ricky Sapp
OLB Sergio Kindle
OT Anthony Davis
NT Dan Williams
OT Bruce Campbell
DE Jared Odrick
OC Maurkice Pouncey
DE Corey Wootton
OLB Sean Weatherspoon
CB Kyle Wilson
ILB Micah Johnson
DE Alex Carrington
RB Joique Bell
NT Terrell Troup
NT Cam Thomas
FS Nate Allen
OC J.D. Walton
OT Jared Veldheer
CB Patrick Robinson
CB Devin McCourty
OT Rodger Saffold

Steeldude
02-20-2010, 12:30 PM
in the first round i would like any position taken except for QB, RB, WR, TE, K or P

BKAnthem
02-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Kyle Wilson or Patrick Robinson
Maurkice Pouncey
Cam Thomas
Myron Rolle

supa_fly_steeler
02-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Kyle Wilson or Patrick Robinson
Maurkice Pouncey
Cam Thomas
Myron Rolle

may i ask why no earl thomas is mentioned?

Merchant
02-20-2010, 09:16 PM

Should we give you and Earl Thomas some alone time?

Vincent
02-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Just one:

Ndamukong Suh

http://www.suh93.com/images/bio_suh.jpg

I wish.

You know what that "N" on his helmet is for , doncha?

Nollege.

supa_fly_steeler
02-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Should we give you and Earl Thomas some alone time?

I would like that very much :tt03:

The Definiti0n
02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
1 Anthony Davis, Rutgers
2 Corey Wootton, Northwestern
3 Joe McKnight, USC
4 Myron Rolle, Florida State

BKAnthem
02-21-2010, 03:09 PM

Because we have almost no shot at him...and we need a corner more than a safety, especially in Rd. 1

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Because we have almost no shot at him...and we need a corner more than a safety, especially in Rd. 1

what we have every shot at him....

if revis went at 16-17 and Griffin went around the same time or later we have every shot.

I still think Mays will go before him and Berry won't be selected till the 10-13 unless the buccs take him.

lets go earl thomas fans beasts :tt04: Outside Pittsburgh forums everyone thinks Thomas will last until the 20th picks and when Mays runs his 4.32 40 he's stock will streak back up whilst thomas runs 4.42-4.56's.

Just Look where Jon Beason was taken and he was roughly the same as Patrick Willis and Timmons skill set although Willis is a beast of the bests

BKAnthem
02-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Mays is having trouble in coverage at the college level...you think he will be better at it in the pro game ....remember Lethon Flowers? He was fast as hell n college too..... Today's safeties have to be able to cover and the Bucs are going to snatch Thomas up...Besides the Steelers have a more immediate need at Corner.......

surcalifero
02-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Micah Johnson
Dan Williams
Fred Barnes
Mike Iupati
Kyle Wilson

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Mays is having trouble in coverage at the college level...you think he will be better at it in the pro game ....remember Lethon Flowers? He was fast as hell n college too..... Today's safeties have to be able to cover and the Bucs are going to snatch Thomas up...Besides the Steelers have a more immediate need at Corner.......

why the hell would the buccaneers take thomas when berry is there, :sofunny: they may even go for a pass rusher :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

and if they tried to snatch him i would brake their fingers so his talent doesn't go to waste at a disgraceful franchise that shouldn't even exist because the owner is a tard

And you know bedsides the fact that Thomas is down as a Cornerback now.

St33lersguy
02-21-2010, 08:26 PM
why the hell would the buccaneers take thomas when berry is there, :sofunny: they may even go for a pass rusher :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

and if they tried to snatch him i would brake their fingers so his talent doesn't go to waste at a disgraceful franchise that shouldn't even exist because the owner is a tard

Bucs are taking McCoy if he is there

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Bucs are taking McCoy if he is there

hmmm could. Suh might be there if rams pass him up for clausen or bradford. either way we have a shot at earl thomas or maybe rolando mcclain but im positive the broncos will pass him up and go dez bryant or a stupid pick cus they got moreno last year so i think the giants select mcclain, the 49ers select a defensive linebacker and mays if he there.

BKAnthem
02-21-2010, 11:43 PM

Shit i forgot about Berry...Well if Thomas can play corner as well as Wilson or Robinson then i'm all for it...if not i'm just as happy with Wilson or Robinson, and Rolle as the safety pic....but i kind of like Mundy..I just think corner and guard are a more immediate need.

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Shit i forgot about Berry...Well if Thomas can play corner as well as Wilson or Robinson then i'm all for it...if not i'm just as happy with Wilson or Robinson, and Rolle as the safety pic....but i kind of like Mundy..I just think corner and guard are a more immediate need.

Naw it's ok, Id be funny if Berry fell to us :sofunny: Kyle Wilson and Patrick Robinson are gonna be real good corners.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
1 Anthony Davis, Rutgers
2 Corey Wootton, Northwestern
3 Joe McKnight, USC
4 Myron Rolle, Florida State

I like that list. I actually would not mind if we got Davis and Wooten in the first 2 rounds, but that would mean Hampton is either signed to a 4 year deal, or we have to look in the 3rd at a NT like Troup or Thomas.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Hey guys, where is "The Definiti0n"??? Wasnt he the guy last year that was pimping Alphonso Smith really hard?? The Broncos gave up a #1 pick this year for Smith and he couldnt beat out Ty Law for playing time. :rofl:

Nice move McDaniels.

Chidi29
02-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey guys, where is "The Definiti0n"??? Wasnt he the guy last year that was pimping Alphonso Smith really hard?? The Broncos gave up a #1 pick this year for Smith and he couldnt beat out Ty Law for playing time. :rofl:

Nice move McDaniels.

And when they traded up with us to get Richard Quinn, a blocking TE, in the second round.

LOL! :sofunny:

Northside Jonny
02-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Terrence Mother FN Cody Baby

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I like that list. I actually would not mind if we got Davis and Wooten in the first 2 rounds, but that would mean Hampton is either signed to a 4 year deal, or we have to look in the 3rd at a NT like Troup or Thomas.

I don't get it.

You dislike Cody partially due to the weight issues and subsequent slowness in his play, but you'd like to draft Davis, who also has had weight issues to the point where he got demoted from the first team for a few days to get his weight to a more manageable area, a la Casey Hampton.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2009/08/rutgers_tackle_anthony_davis_c.html

"Anthony Davis was close enough Saturday to making the weight that head coach Greg Schiano wants him at that the standout left tackle was elevated back to the first-team status -- after spending the first four days of preseason camp working with the second team as punishment."

"This is Davis' second weight-related issue in three years, but he said one has nothing to do with the other."

Northside Jonny
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Well everyone you can probably cross Maurkice Pouncey off of your wish list . I've been listening to the radio here in Denver and they keep talking about how they have no starter at center for next season. I'd be willing to bet if here is there in the 2nd when the Broncos pick he will be here in Denver.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't get it.

You dislike Cody partially due to the weight issues and subsequent slowness in his play, but you'd like to draft Davis, who also has had weight issues to the point where he got demoted from the first team for a few days to get his weight to a more manageable area, a la Casey Hampton.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2009/08/rutgers_tackle_anthony_davis_c.html

"Anthony Davis was close enough Saturday to making the weight that head coach Greg Schiano wants him at that the standout left tackle was elevated back to the first-team status -- after spending the first four days of preseason camp working with the second team as punishment."

"This is Davis' second weight-related issue in three years, but he said one has nothing to do with the other."

Davis is 6'6"- 330 lbs (good LT size)
Cody is 6'4"-370lbs

Rutgers routinely pulls both their LT(Davis) and LG on running plays off guard to the left. Watch some Rutgers games if you can find them and see how well Davis pulls 3 holes to his right and you will not question his feet.

Also, Davis has such long arms that he has such great potential to be a truly great pass protector. He has good feet, a solid base, but needs some refinement in his pass blocking, but could easily start on the right side for a season or 2 and get coached up to be a franchise LT.

Cody was lined up in the left A gap most of the Senior bowl, the play went to the right side A gap several times and he never made an effort to slant to the play or pursue if it went wider. Just looked too out of shape to do it.

In summary, I like Davis because he is agile for a 325-330 lb LT and can long pull, or get out in front on screen passes. I dislike Cody because he doesnt look interested in getting in the play one hole over and has worse moobs than Biggest Loser contestants.

Northside Jonny
02-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Davis is 6'6"- 330 lbs (good LT size)
Cody is 6'4"-370lbs

Rutgers routinely pulls both their LT(Davis) and LG on running plays off guard to the left. Watch some Rutgers games if you can find them and see how well Davis pulls 3 holes to his right and you will not question his feet.

Also, Davis has such long arms that he has such great potential to be a truly great pass protector. He has good feet, a solid base, but needs some refinement in his pass blocking, but could easily start on the right side for a season or 2 and get coached up to be a franchise LT.

Cody was lined up in the left A gap most of the Senior bowl, the play went to the right side A gap several times and he never made an effort to slant to the play or pursue if it went wider. Just looked too out of shape to do it.

In summary, I like Davis because he is agile for a 325-330 lb LT and can long pull, or get out in front on screen passes. I dislike Cody because he doesnt look interested in getting in the play one hole over and has worse moobs than Biggest Loser contestants.

Gonzo we get it you don't like Cody. But if we do draft him and he turns out to be the stud I believe he will be. Please start your own I apologize to Terrence Cody thread. If he sucks I will be the first to start my own thread entitled " I was wrong Cody sucks thread"

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Well everyone you can probably cross Maurkice Pouncey off of your wish list . I've been listening to the radio here in Denver and they keep talking about how they have no starter at center for next season. I'd be willing to bet if here is there in the 2nd when the Broncos pick he will be here in Denver.

I think Denver will nab Pouncey in the first. I am not suggesting that he will go in the top half of the draft. I think someone will trade a late first rounder for Brandon Marshall and that will be the pick that lands Pouncey

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Gonzo we get it you don't like Cody. But if we do draft him and he turns out to be the stud I believe he will be. Please start your own I apologize to Terrence Cody thread. If he sucks I will be the first to start my own thread entitled " I was wrong Cody sucks thread"

Was replying to Chidi and his not understanding why I like Davis, but not Cody. Wasnt trying to bash on you and your Tide. I actually really like McLain, Johnson and Arenas.

As for the thread. Not necessary, but if you want to...its a go.

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Was replying to Chidi and his not understanding why I like Davis, but not Cody. Wasnt trying to bash on you and your Tide. I actually really like McLain, Johnson and Arenas.

As for the thread. Not necessary, but if you want to...its a go.

Johnson? Do you mean Kareem Jackson? He is the guy of all the Bama players (besides McClain) I want to see in the Black and Gold next season.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Johnson? Do you mean Kareem Jackson? He is the guy of all the Bama players (besides McClain) I want to see in the Black and Gold next season.

Mike Johnson, OG Alabama.

Northside Jonny
02-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Mike Johnson, OG Alabama.

sorry but im not a huge bama fan. I just use Kareem Jackson as my avatar because I hope they pick him up . Actually I was born and raised in the burgh. I am a diehard fan for all teams from the Burgh!

OldSchoolSteelersFan
02-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Toby Gerhart....physical runner with some speed!