PDA

View Full Version : Your list of i DON'T want them as steelers

atlee731
02-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Isn't this the next obvious thread?

For whatever reasons... over-rated, not needed, bad fit, bad value, ugly, moobs, hard-to-spell name, etc

Anthony Davis

Terrance Cody

Taylor Mays

atlee731
02-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Trevard Lindley

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Taylor Mays, Dan Williams.

If they do get selected for the Steelers then i will of course welcome them with opening hands.

atlee731
02-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Stephan Virgil

Aussie_steeler
02-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Terrance Cody

10 - 15 plays a game is not what the steelers need. Take your fat lazy butt to the Chargers who can and will use that kind of work ethic

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Stephan Virgil

Huh he my homeboy i gotta back him up.

Northside Jonny
02-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Earl Thomas

Nadroj 20
02-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Earl Thomas

Uh oh supas going to like this :chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Earl Thomas

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ---> :crying02: http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/miscellaneous/smile_163.gif ME<---

:chuckle:

Northside Jonny
02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ---> :crying02: http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/miscellaneous/smile_163.gif ME<---

:chuckle:

Just Messin with you supa !:funny:

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Just Messin with you supa !:funny:

yea i know :sofunny:

Northside Jonny
02-19-2010, 06:49 PM
But Really

Iupati I don't really like
Brandon Ghee
Perrish Cox
Trevard Lindley
Javier Arenas
Geno Atkins
Arthur Jones
Taylor Mays obviously
Larry Asante
Brett Swenson

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 06:55 PM
i hate luapti.

Northside Jonny
02-19-2010, 06:58 PM
i hate luapti.

He has a holding problem. too much grabbing

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 06:59 PM

where abouts :sofunny:

i hate lupati 100% i will hate any offensive lineman we select. lupati the most tho

steelerdude15
02-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Anyone who isn't good. :chuckle:

Chidi29
02-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Any tackle be it Williams or Bulaga.
Joe Haden
Dan Williams
Jared Odrick

SteelCitySaltyDawg
02-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Please NO Taylor Mays..
He can sure hit but he cant cover anyone!!

We need imo help in coverage and not necessarily someone who can come up to stop the run.

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Please NO Taylor Mays..
He can sure hit but he cant cover anyone!!

We need imo help in coverage and not necessarily someone who can come up to stop the run.

+ to your username lol

Galax Steeler
02-20-2010, 03:46 AM
I have to say no to Cody would rather have Dan Williams

Steeldude
02-20-2010, 10:34 AM
anyone who is a punk

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-20-2010, 12:06 PM

Sounds like you are basing your opinion on just 1 game. :pin:

supa_fly_steeler
02-20-2010, 12:07 PM
anyone who is a punk

Can Pacman Jones reenter :sofunny:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-20-2010, 12:09 PM
No thanks to Cody, Mays, Sam Young or Zane Beadles.

St33lersguy
02-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Earl Thomas

Seriously???

St33lersguy
02-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Iupati
The top OTs
Anyone at at a position we are set at
Not Earl Thomas

supa_fly_steeler
02-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Seriously???

He was joking look in the opposite thread he says he would want earl thomas :P

jollyrob68
02-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Trent williams. I'd rather have Bulaga,Davis, or Okung as tackles in the first or Iupati & pouncey in the first. On Defense TAylor Mays is over rated but iif we took him its ok. I'd rather have Myron Rolle & Kam Chancellor, Jared odrick.

Remember the front 7 is the nuts & bolts of the 3-4 D and when Aaron Smith goes down we dont make the playoffs or are one & done. We need better D line to rotate and keep guys fresh. I'd start with Odrick and pick up a nt later in the 2nd or 3rd and pickup LInval Joseph in the 4th or 5th. He can play NT and DE.
We need a versitile LB who can play Inside or outside. We dont have a back up for Woodley or Harrison.

BKAnthem
02-21-2010, 03:51 PM
No TE's RB's or WR's....

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Trent williams. I'd rather have Bulaga,Davis, or Okung as tackles in the first or Iupati & pouncey in the first. On Defense TAylor Mays is over rated but iif we took him its ok. I'd rather have Myron Rolle & Kam Chancellor, Jared odrick.

Remember the front 7 is the nuts & bolts of the 3-4 D and when Aaron Smith goes down we dont make the playoffs or are one & done. We need better D line to rotate and keep guys fresh. I'd start with Odrick and pick up a nt later in the 2nd or 3rd and pickup LInval Joseph in the 4th or 5th. He can play NT and DE.
We need a versitile LB who can play Inside or outside. We dont have a back up for Woodley or Harrison.

Odrick sucks. But that is my opinion.

So many overhyped defensive lineman in this draft, i can't wait to see what faliures they are down the line like JaMarCus Russell

I think theres some good'ns like Troup who will do well but Dan Williams meh...

Chidi29
02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Agree with supa. I wasn't impressed by Odrick at all. Not that much upside and doesn't use his hands nearly as well or consistently enough for my liking.

surcalifero
02-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Taylor Mays
Earl Thomas
Terrance Cody
Odrick

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Odrick looked like a man possessed on Wednesday and was impossible to stop. He was both quick and powerful, defeating blocks off the snap with a great first step or powerfully moving opponents off the line with great leg drive. After showing flashes the first two days, Odrick really put it together today.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/27/senior.bowl.day.3/index.html#ixzz0gEBEwTQs

Penn State's Jared Odrick, leaves the week as a certain first-round choice.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/29/senior.bowl/index.html#ixzz0gEBRBkaZ

Chidi29
02-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Odrick looked like a man possessed on Wednesday and was impossible to stop. He was both quick and powerful, defeating blocks off the snap with a great first step or powerfully moving opponents off the line with great leg drive. After showing flashes the first two days, Odrick really put it together today.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/27/senior.bowl.day.3/index.html#ixzz0gEBEwTQs

Penn State's Jared Odrick, leaves the week as a certain first-round choice.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/29/senior.bowl/index.html#ixzz0gEBRBkaZ

It's my personal evaluation and I rather go off of game tape, not practice.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-22-2010, 10:24 AM
It's my personal evaluation and I rather go off of game tape, not practice.

Yeah, I guess the game tape you saw must have been one bad game. Otherwise the Big 10 Co Defensive MVP just sucks. Those big 10 Coaches that voted him for that award must hate his poor use of his hands.

Center Stefen Wisniewski goes head to head with Odrick every day in practice, and said it is a difficult task.

"He is by far the best defensive lineman I have ever played against," Wisniewski said. "I really do believe he is the best defensive player in the Big Ten. I was glad to see he got the recognition he deserved.

"He is really physical and plays really low. He is explosive and is very good with his hands at getting off blocks. He's very tough to handle."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09363/1024253-143.stm#ixzz0gHaVoqti

I think Odrick would be a better 5-technique than Ziggy Hood, but we already spent a 1st round pick on DE last year and its unlikely to happen again this year.

supa_fly_steeler
02-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Odricks rubbish plain and simple i wasn't impressed by the games i saw him and dan williams in, and i watched those play at least 3 times.

Of course his teammate is gonna say good things about him lol.

And i don't want any offensive lineman.

PittdaBurgh56
02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Earl Thomas...steelers please dont pick him

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Odricks rubbish plain and simple i wasn't impressed by the games i saw him and dan williams in, and i watched those play at least 3 times.

You are probably right.
-Odrick only impressed Big Ten coaches enough, they voted him DPOY.
-Odrick and his unimpressive game only have Kiper and McShay ranking him in the bottom of the 1st round.
-Odrick is so unimpressive that Tony Pauline has anointed him a 1st round pick.
-And Mike Mayock thinks he goes at the bottom of the 1st round, saying : "The fact that he's got a great motor and had great production in college is his highest testament," said Mike Mayock,

So, either he is pure "rubbish" as you say. Or, you missed all of Odrick's great play on the Tele, while you were at the loo or getting tea and crumpets. :noidea:

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/1/29/1282722/scouting-the-draft-jared-odrick-dt

BKAnthem
02-22-2010, 02:26 PM

Dude....they need a guard in the worst way...one that can move to center when Hartwigs contract is up...Pouncey is that Guy...

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Dude....they need a guard in the worst way...one that can move to center when Hartwigs contract is up...Pouncey is that Guy...

I dont think so. I believe the Steelers drafted Urbik in the 3rd with the plan that he is gonna compete at RG along with Legursky and Foster for when Essex is either gone or playing RT in the event Colon is gone. Most think he is a bust, but also thought that of Mendenhall one year in.

Hartwig has 3 more seasons on his contract and I think they believe that Legursky can be the heir to that spot if needed.

I think the real need for depth is OT, where you have the following guys and the # of years left on their contracts....Starks(3), Colon(0), Essex (1), Hills (2). Basically, only Hills and Starks have more than 1 year left on their deal and nobody is there for depth. I believe the Steelers will look at an OT in the top 3 rounds this year......but I thought that too, back when Marvel Smith was in his final year.

supa_fly_steeler
02-22-2010, 04:03 PM

we dont need offensive lineman.

we need better playcalling and EXECUTION

having all the best players of offensive lineman in front of ben roethlisberger we will still have problems because of stupidty 5 wide sets on third down.

Vincent
02-22-2010, 05:03 PM
OL of any kind with the 1st pick

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-22-2010, 05:11 PM
OL of any kind with the 1st pick

Not gonna happen. The O line has been a need for years and its never been addressed in the 1st round. William Beatty was around last year and that never happened.

Hood was a good pick. I'm just happy that we never reached for Macho Harris or Alphonso Smith like some suggested we do last year. I'm also happy we didnt get Tyson Jackson.....I just think he is gonna be the next Courtney Brown.

BKAnthem
02-23-2010, 09:37 AM

having all the best players of offensive lineman in front of ben roethlisberger we will still have problems because of stupidty 5 wide sets on third down.

Sorry you're wrong....have you watched the lack of movement on the O-Line in the run game? The guards getting stood up? Starks getting flat out beat on plays and Ben running for his life? even when he doesn't hold the ball to long....

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Sorry you're wrong....have you watched the lack of movement on the O-Line in the run game? The guards getting stood up? Starks getting flat out beat on plays and Ben running for his life? even when he doesn't hold the ball to long....

Im not wrong at all mendenhalls 4.4 average per carry 3 downs and he has a first down. It was a lack of execution so how dare you say i was wrong because it's based on opinion. Forget it were not gettig O-Lineman in the first round not happening.

BKAnthem
02-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Im not wrong at all mendenhalls 4.4 average per carry 3 downs and he has a first down. It was a lack of execution so how dare you say i was wrong because it's based on opinion. Forget it were not gettig O-Lineman in the first round not happening.

How did they perform at the goal line? In short yardage? 4.4 YPC is all good in the middle of the field but they couldn't get that push when they need it...and that's the tell. An O lineman may not go first but they will get one early.

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I guess the game tape you saw must have been one bad game. Otherwise the Big 10 Co Defensive MVP just sucks. Those big 10 Coaches that voted him for that award must hate his poor use of his hands.

Center Stefen Wisniewski goes head to head with Odrick every day in practice, and said it is a difficult task.

"He is by far the best defensive lineman I have ever played against," Wisniewski said. "I really do believe he is the best defensive player in the Big Ten. I was glad to see he got the recognition he deserved.

"He is really physical and plays really low. He is explosive and is very good with his hands at getting off blocks. He's very tough to handle."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09363/1024253-143.stm#ixzz0gHaVoqti

I think Odrick would be a better 5-technique than Ziggy Hood, but we already spent a 1st round pick on DE last year and its unlikely to happen again this year.

So you can like guys because of what you see, or don't see, when you watch them, but I HAVE to follow what everyone else says?

Is that really your logic? I'll do my own evaluations. Not just blindly follow what everyone else says.

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 04:24 PM

Shotgun on short yardage situations was a lot more effective than Mendenhall.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
So you can like guys because of what you see, or don't see, when you watch them, but I HAVE to follow what everyone else says?

Is that really your logic? I'll do my own evaluations. Not just blindly follow what everyone else says.

No, you can make your own evaluations and say that Big 10 DPOY's suck. You can even pimp 370lb, slow, lethargic 2 down NT's. I just think those are flawed evaluations, probably based on what paw-n-maul-u /Supa Fly said.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Shotgun on short yardage situations was a lot more effective than Mendenhall.

he wasn't used correctly. its all execution. If willie parker could do it back in 2007 with a similar o-line so can mendenhall.

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 06:32 PM
No, you can make your own evaluations and say that Big 10 DPOY's suck. You can even pimp 370lb, slow, lethargic 2 down NT's. I just think those are flawed evaluations, probably based on what paw-n-maul-u /Supa Fly said.

And your use of showing how one play makes the guy not worthy of us drafting, and you're contradicting nature is so much better.

But hey, you coached high school. I guess you really are the wiz around here. I feel so inferior.

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 06:33 PM
he wasn't used correctly. its all execution. If willie parker could do it back in 2007 with a similar o-line so can mendenhall.

Can you explain on how "he wasn't used correctly"?

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2010, 06:41 PM
And your use of showing how one play makes the guy not worthy of us drafting, and you're contradicting nature is so much better.

But hey, you coached high school. I guess you really are the wiz around here. I feel so inferior.

No, I mentioned that I have seen Cody in at least 6 games over the past couple seasons......not just one play.

You can think he is the next great nose tackle and I can think that he was a non factor in the BCS game, the Senior Bowl, vs. LSU in '08 and more. You think he is a plugger in the middle, I think that doesnt work in the NFL and that big guys like that need a motor, which Cody doesnt show to me. I dont get how some cant see that and we just disagree.

tony hipchest
02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
But hey, you coached high school. I guess you really are the wiz around here. I feel so inferior.there is only one official guru around here...

but considering your evaluations, when you get a high profile job, where can i send my application to be a water boy, or even perhaps "piss boy"?

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 06:46 PM
No, I mentioned that I have seen Cody in at least 6 games over the past couple seasons......not just one play.

You can think he is the next great nose tackle and I can think that he was a non factor in the BCS game, the Senior Bowl, vs. LSU in '08 and more. You think he is a plugger in the middle, I think that doesnt work in the NFL and that big guys like that need a motor, which Cody doesnt show to me. I dont get how some cant see that and we just disagree.

Riddle me this Gonzo,

In this latest conversation, who specifically brought up Cody again? You or me.

I'll give you a hint. The answer isn't me.

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 06:48 PM
there is only one official guru around here...

but considering your evaluations, when you get a high profile job, where can i send my application to be a water boy, or even perhaps "piss boy"?

Only if you ask really nicely.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Riddle me this Gonzo,

In this latest conversation, who specifically brought up Cody again? You or me.

I'll give you a hint. The answer isn't me.

I said I dont want Cody. So what is the big deal with that???

You then go on to imply that I evaluate off of "practice only", then "blindly follow what others say" and further that I write a guy off because of "one play only". Nice try of baiting and diversion. Reminds me of somebody. :noidea:

Whatever helps you sleep at night though.

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
I said I dont want Cody. So what is the big deal with that???

You then go on to imply that I evaluate off of "practice only", then "blindly follow what others say" and further that I write a guy off because of "one play only". Nice try of baiting and diversion. Reminds me of somebody. :noidea:

Whatever helps you sleep at night though.

Nothing, until you get angry about the fact that we can't just "disagree" on the matter and move on. You're the one who brought it up; I made no point in this conversation to bring up Cody. I've been talking about Odrick. And I saw more than one game of his that I didn't like, for the record.

I didn't imply that you went off practice only. What I said was that I'll take game tape over what someone does at practice and the fact that while valid and opinions that should be noted, since those guys are way smarter than us, I'm not going to just look at what they say and automatically agree with that. I'd like to at least take the time to watch the guy for myself before having to resort to such things.

And you know that all you talked about was that one play before someone finally called you out on it. Then you started to go into detail about the other games you weren't impressed by Cody. Maybe you legitimately weren't, but I know you hadn't made much mention of it any time prior.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 07:22 PM
there is only one official guru around here...

lolz epic post :tt04: :tt04: :tt04: :tt04: :tt04: :tt04:

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Can you explain on how "he wasn't used correctly"?

running behind spaeth RUNNING BEHIND NO FULLBACK BECUZ THERE WAS NONE. U NEED A FULLBACK TO OPEN SOME HOLES AND CREATE SEEMS.

but again ur so intelligent about what the steelers need doing Cowher can have kolbert and we can have u!

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
running behind spaeth RUNNING BEHIND NO FULLBACK BECUZ THERE WAS NONE. U NEED A FULLBACK TO OPEN SOME HOLES AND CREATE SEEMS.

but again ur so intelligent about what the steelers need doing Cowher can have kolbert and we can have u!

We don't have a run blocking fullback on the roster. Has nothing to do with actual playcalls. Just roster philosophy.

You guys know that I don't actually think I'm smarter than everyone else, right?

Don't answer that. :wink02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
And you know that all you talked about was that one play before someone finally called you out on it. Then you started to go into detail about the other games you weren't impressed by Cody. Maybe you legitimately weren't, but I know you hadn't made much mention of it any time prior.

I watched cody play vs LSU 2 seasons ago and posted in this forum that sure enough he was big, but reminded me of Finch from Wildcats. I have always had concerns about guys like him that are grossly overweight. Lots of strain on knees, back and really robs a guy of quickness and stamina.

I always think playing in good competition is a good measure and Cody flashed bursts of power in the BCS game, but also looked winded and lethargic.

I think the Senior Bowl is a good measure, because guys are not beating up on walk on's from Tulane, but for the most part....players that will also be NFL draft picks. Cody didnt impress in practice or the game from what I saw. The one play where a guy 75lbs lighter than him stops him was only one of many plays that I saw that made me not want any part of Cody. That is just my opinion and no, its not from just one play which you assume.

Northside Jonny
02-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Earl Thomas !!! Because I'm trying to reverse all the bad Karma supa is spreading around by constantly talking about the guy. I'm telling all of you if he doesn't stop we have no chance in hell of landing the guy!

taztroy43
02-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Earl Thomas !!! Because I'm trying to reverse all the bad Karma supa is spreading around by constantly talking about the guy. I'm telling all of you if he doesn't stop we have no chance in hell of landing the guy!

I agree that guy is going to JINX us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: