PDA

View Full Version : RB Tandem?

Northside Jonny
02-19-2010, 08:59 PM
I was watching the NFL networks best RB tandems and it got me thinking. Wouldn't it be great if we had two bruisers that we could rotate all game and wear down opposing D's. We already have Mendy thats one. My question to the masses is, What RB in this upcoming draft would give us the capability to have a bruising backfield next year? Please no thunder and lightning crap. I'm talking a tandem that breaks the other teams will to play. Downhill running baby!
My choice to accomplish this is a guy who just may still be available in the 4th round
Anthony Dixon of Mississippi State 6'1" 245LBS. Check out his profile http://sidelinescouting.net/rankings/rb.shtmlI
Sound like an ideal bruiser and a perfect fit for the Black and Gold! :tt:

RJ1670
02-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Well if he's 345lbs he should be playing NT for us. ;)

supa_fly_steeler
02-19-2010, 09:18 PM
dexter mccluster.

and he's 245lbs lol

7willBheaven
02-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Maybe....just maybe...Frank Summers 5'10" 240lbs...but we'll have to wait and see I guess. haha

Northside Jonny
02-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Well if he's 345lbs he should be playing NT for us. ;)

ooops! LOL :drink:

Northside Jonny
02-19-2010, 09:54 PM
dexter mccluster.

and he's 245lbs lol

You must not have got the part where I said no thunder and lightning crap.! :shout: I want Bruisers here!!!!

Aussie_steeler
02-20-2010, 12:49 AM
You must not have got the part where I said no thunder and lightning crap.! :shout: I want Bruisers here!!!!

I dont think we have the beef in front of the bruisers to play the style of football you want.

You may not like thunder and lightning, but I think it is the way that this team is gonna play. Your only hope is if Mendenhall is our lightning guy and your bruiser is brought in.

MasterOfPuppets
02-20-2010, 02:02 AM
i don't see much point in bringing in another back to never touch the ball ... :noidea:

Galax Steeler
02-20-2010, 03:42 AM
I was watching the NFL networks best RB tandems and it got me thinking. Wouldn't it be great if we had two bruisers that we could rotate all game and wear down opposing D's. We already have Mendy thats one. My question to the masses is, What RB in this upcoming draft would give us the capability to have a bruising backfield next year? Please no thunder and lightning crap. I'm talking a tandem that breaks the other teams will to play. Downhill running baby!
My choice to accomplish this is a guy who just may still be available in the 4th round
Anthony Dixon of Mississippi State 6'1" 245LBS. Check out his profile http://sidelinescouting.net/rankings/rb.shtmlI
Sound like an ideal bruiser and a perfect fit for the Black and Gold! :tt:

Anthony Dixon is a big boy and sounds like he could do the job with Mendenhall. We still have summers and hopefully he will develope this year more and contribute.

SteelerNation12
02-20-2010, 04:33 AM
LeGarrette Blount, I just think he is gonna be very underrated and fall because of incident this past year. He has potential to be a very good back in the NFL.

supa_fly_steeler
02-20-2010, 06:12 AM

We can put McCluster on a mcdonalds program :chuckle:

But yea anthony dxon looks like a beast.

zvHPZi7_apk

is this bad tackling or sheer power at the end?

wcY8Mqlu1qU

jollyrob68
02-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Toby Gearheart 3rd/4th or Legarett Blount 5th Ben Tate 5th

jollyrob68
02-20-2010, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Anthony Dixon at rb and Micah Johnson at ILB because Tomlin spent some time visiting UK and is good friends with the Coach.

supa_fly_steeler
02-20-2010, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Anthony Dixon at rb and Micah Johnson at ILB because Tomlin spent some time visiting UK and is good friends with the Coach.

I would pay anything to go to balti*****s stadium and see dixon run over ray lewis like he does to those kentuckys.

jollyrob68
02-21-2010, 01:25 AM
I would pay anything to go to balti*****s stadium and see dixon run over ray lewis like he does to those kentuckys.

Thanks for the info on Dixon. He's a beast and one to keep an eye on during the draft.\
Most people are saying we need a scat back and thats fine later on but I want Gerhart ,Dixon or another power back. Hell if we get 2 compensatory picks in the 5th we can get both and Micah Johnson. Well we might need to grab Micah Johnson in the 4th.
Id like to get in the 5th Micah Johnson, LInval Joseph & a power RB.

Texasteel
02-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Just food for thought. Last year at this time we were all saying the same thing about Summers, now it's like he doesn't exist. If we take a RB, fine, but I still do not see a huge need for one. I would like to see What a healthy Summers, and possible a Redman with one year under his belt could do.

St33lersguy
02-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Don't waste your time, that dolt who calls himself an NFL OC (and who should be out of a job) will never use a 2nd RB. He is too stupid to give Mendy the carries he deserves. The idea is good but Airhead Arians will never allow it.

Northside Jonny
02-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the clips supa I love this guy hope to see him in black and gold. He runs a little high but I love how he looks for someone to hit at the end of his runs!