PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico...

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 09:39 AM
So now the question arrives in my mind... Where does everyone think Plaxico will be watching the Super Bowl from? After all the stuff he said once he left Pittsburgh I'm soo glad his plan backfired on him and he will be sitting there watching his former team, one year removed, play in the Super Bowl. Maybe that is what we needed to get the engines rollin again. Thanks Plax for jumpin ship when the water was calming.

:dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang:

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2006, 10:15 AM
After his comments about the fans and the city in general I lost all respect for Plaxico Burress. Hope he's happy in NYC.

atrus20
02-03-2006, 10:17 AM
So much for wanting more to do in the offense during big games. How many catches did he have in the playoffs this year? :rolleyes:

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 10:27 AM
So much for wanting more to do in the offense during big games. How many catches did he have in the playoffs this year? :rolleyes:

man, that is an awesome quote you have on your posts. That is why no one could hate Polamalu. He is amazing, he plays inspired, with 100% of his heart and he is what football should be about, him and Hines Ward both I think are guys who play for the Steelers and have this mentality..

drizze99
02-03-2006, 10:34 AM
F-k Plexiglass! He totally dissed us and now we get to laugh in that ugly mug of his. I hope he is happy in NYC with that little fairy tossing him the rock. I even heard a rumor that he skipped the last team meeting because he wants to renegotiate his contract. Now THAT is hillarious! Hey Plex, maybe you should show up in the playoffs when your team needs you the most instead of hiding.

Prosdo
02-03-2006, 10:37 AM
I lost all respect for him when he start bad mouthing the city and fans as well.

Justin Otstott
02-03-2006, 10:40 AM
guy is a joke, I liked him when he played for us at times but after last year giving up on us and basically putting Ben down, glad that ****** bounced!

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Plaxico could make some great catches, but boy, some of the easiest catches when we needed them the most he would drop. That is hillarious if what you are saying is true about him skipping meetings, that won't sit well with the head hancho there though. From the day we drafted him I knew we were in trouble, the first interview he gave was ridiculous, he didnt sound like he took any speech or english classes in his life. Anyways, I don't want to be hatin him soo much, but he got everything coming after he talked about the city the way he did. Go Eli!!! LOL

section514
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
he is having a sleep over with Eli, drinking root beer and eatting Snyder's Cheese Puffs

ngreene15
02-03-2006, 10:59 AM
I lost all respect for him when he start bad mouthing the city and fans as well.

What did he say... I must have missed this.

I hope this doesn't change my opinion of him as a player... He is still one of my faves.

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Faults of Plaxico in my opinion :

Never went for the ball at it's highest point. For his height, he played as if he was 5'8".

Dropped easy catches.

His route running for the most part was pretty bad. It started to picked up his last season in Pittsburgh.

Never threw a blcok. Once again though, he started to in his last season in Pittsburgh.

His head. The guy can hardly speak a word of English during interviews. I don't think Plax is the sharpest tool in the shed. It reflects on the field.

He would never go across the middle. El, Ward, Wilson.....have no problem.

Bashing the fans that helped him aquire that "ice" in his ears and around his wrists and neck.

Even when Plaxico was here I can honestly say that I wasn't a fan. It seemed to me that he only gave a half-ass effort on the field. When we first drafted him, I loved his height but I had a feeling the overall package was damaged.

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 11:08 AM
What did he say... I must have missed this.

I hope this doesn't change my opinion of him as a player... He is still one of my faves.
here is one for ya, I could only find this one, there was a good long series of quotes about the city and the fans and also noting that his number one love is still basketball and if he had the opportuinity to give up football right now for basketball he would do it in a heartbeat. He just sounds ignorant...

?I mean, I don't think I was liked as a person. I was kind of seen as a black kid, young African-American, cornrows, drives fancy cars, wears diamond earrings, things like that. They just kind of based their perception off of what I drove and what I did and things like that. All those things were never a part of any other player on that team but me.?

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2006, 11:11 AM
And..............

"I fit New York more than what I fit Pittsburgh. Nobody's worrying about my big truck or my Rolls-Royce or what I have on. That makes me feel good. People just accept me how I am instead of looking at me and judging me."

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2006, 11:12 AM
I personally liked Ward's reply to Plaxico's comments.................

"As far as the city and him with cornrows and stuff, they love everybody. You go out there and perform, regardless of race, color, ethnic, how you wear your hair, they don't care. The fans here know football. They know the guys who produce and give it all they got and they appreciate it. To sit there and say the city had it out against him, I don't really go along with that. I saw a lot of No. 80 jerseys in the stands."

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 11:19 AM
I personally liked Ward's reply to Plaxico's comments.................

"As far as the city and him with cornrows and stuff, they love everybody. You go out there and perform, regardless of race, color, ethnic, how you wear your hair, they don't care. The fans here know football. They know the guys who produce and give it all they got and they appreciate it. To sit there and say the city had it out against him, I don't really go along with that. I saw a lot of No. 80 jerseys in the stands."

great response man, that was the stuff I was lookin for!!!

drizze99
02-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Faults of Plaxico in my opinion :

Never went for the ball at it's highest point. For his height, he played as if he was 5'8".

Dropped easy catches.

His route running for the most part was pretty bad. It started to picked up his last season in Pittsburgh.

Never threw a blcok. Once again though, he started to in his last season in Pittsburgh.

His head. The guy can hardly speak a word of English during interviews. I don't think Plax is the sharpest tool in the shed. It reflects on the field.

He would never go across the middle. El, Ward, Wilson.....have no problem.

Bashing the fans that helped him aquire that "ice" in his ears and around his wrists and neck.

Even when Plaxico was here I can honestly say that I wasn't a fan. It seemed to me that he only gave a half-ass effort on the field. When we first drafted him, I loved his height but I had a feeling the overall package was damaged.

Best post! I feel the EXACT same way!

clevestinks
02-03-2006, 04:01 PM
It could have been a homecoming for him too! Screw him!

SteelCityPride
02-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah, good ol Plaxico, too bad he was such a moron...

Mosca
02-03-2006, 04:46 PM
The guy was a mismatch for the Steelers, is all. He was star mentality on a "team" team. He never played up to his ability. He was the living embodiment of Rod Tidwell; lots of talent... but where's the Quan?

Tom

BB2W
02-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Where does everyone think Plaxico will be watching the Super Bowl from?
In prison... on suicide watch. :busted:

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm just glad the Front Office sucked that rattlesnake poison out of the Steelers veins when they did...